No announcement yet.

41 games and counting...a bad streak continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone say that in those past 41 games one of the contributing factors would be that we've played the top competition the NFL has to offer because we've won the AFC West 4 times in a row while other teams play a lesser schedule, with possibly weaker offenses allowing them to shut them down easier? Also, due to our fastbreak offense, opposing offenses get more opportunities (in the past 41 games)? Just saying to use that stat to say our defense isn't elite, missing a killer instinct, would not be entirely accurate.

I'd almost guarantee that if we could run the ball the way Kubiak wants and score the touchdowns at the end of the drives, we could unleash our defense, rested and aggressive all game long and you'd see more games with less than 10 points scored, even a shut out.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Finally! It took 49 games, but we finally held an opponent to single digits. As I said, championship teams have the killer instinct and don't let teams get junk time points. And history has proven that. Every Super Bowl team has one of these performances during their season.

A defensive juggernaut that can't hold an opponent to <9 points is like an offensive that can't score 40 points.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
        Finally! It took 49 games, but we finally held an opponent to single digits. As I said, championship teams have the killer instinct and don't let teams get junk time points. And history has proven that. Every Super Bowl team has one of these performances during their season.

A defensive juggernaut that can't hold an opponent to <9 points is like an offensive that can't score 40 points.
        I also think that our division and who we play has a lot to do with it. Look at the other teams who have those stats in their records and tell me the overall record of the teams they played against.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          I also think that our division and who we play has a lot to do with it. Look at the other teams who have those stats in their records and tell me the overall record of the teams they played against.
          I watched the Seattle-Minnesota game yesterday. The Seattle defense is starting to peak (which they have done at the end of the three previous years). That game was a good example. Against the Vikings, the Broncos had a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter, then got sloppy and gave up long drives and a long Peterson touchdown. Seattle's defense just kept their knees on Minnesota's throat and shut them out (except for a kickoff return TD).

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

It was nice to see. Our offense didnt even need to show up for anything more than ToP to give the D rest -- the defensive TD was enough to beat them! I hope we shut them out completely when they come to Denver.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
            2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Working...
            X