Von Miller spin attack 2015?Need something to fire you up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I do not recall having excluded the playoffs.
    O I know. But wins and losses a 18-1 to me is worse if the loss is the super bowl versus a 13-8 who ran the wild card and won it all.

But it was more of a joke.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

Turnover differential is at the very top of my list. Correlates very well with W/L.
      Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        O I know. But wins and losses a 18-1 to me is worse if the loss is the super bowl versus a 13-8 who ran the wild card and won it all.

But it was more of a joke.
        I'm laughing now! See?

Which one is me?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I'm laughing now! See?

Which one is me?
          Well I Was taught to "C" your way out so the third option would be my guess. Am I right?

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            Well I Was taught to "C" your way out so the third option would be my guess. Am I right?
            "C" for clone! They are all me! That is correct, Sir! :clap:
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Well, this week, it's this...

Cleveland has the 2nd worst Rushing Defense in the league. Might be a good week to get our running game healthy.

Cleveland gives up the most fantasy points to Running Backs.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

What current stat do you feel is the most crucial for the rest of our 2015 campaign?
                Offensive TDs, no matter who they come from or how.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  This is exactly why IMHO PM is the greatest REGULAR season QB of ALL-TIME, but all the stats in the world don't mean diddly if you don't back it up in the POST-SEASON. This is where Manning has failed throughout his career, and why I'll never consider him the GOAT
                  Aaron Rodgers doesn't back it up in the post-season.
                  If it weren't for three seasons where Brady didn't have to do anything before becoming a real QB, his post-season marks would be a lot worse.
                  Montana benefited from a no-salary-cap era and a receiver wearing stick'em on on his gloves.
                  Elway did less than any QB in history to win multiple Super Bowl rings.

If Manning doesn't have it, how has he been to 3 Super Bowls and won 1? How many QB's can say that? How come Manning holds a winning record over Tom Brady in AFC Championship games: the biggest, most high pressure game they can play against each other?

The post-season is different. It's not clutch vs. choking; some mythical x-factor; an aura; an "IT"; a curse; someone being due; or any of the other unobservable nonsense fans attribute to winning. It's all good teams against all good teams. There's no more trying things out, or shuffling players, or changing the playbooks, or free agent acquisitions, or positioning for the division, or growing, or waiting for players to come back from injury. It's the final, elite teams all being as unfair and unsportsmanlike as possible as they attempt to exploit weaknesses. When Manning beats a team in the regular season, and not in the post season, it isn't because the QB's level changed. It's because the other team isn't trying out new personnel groupings or formations anymore; they are gaming to ensure that 1 player can't beat them. 1 player will never will in it all in the NFL. It's then you find out what the rest of the team ISN'T doing. Brady has a coach who gets more out of players 30-53 than any organization in all of sports. He can go out there and play terribly and the Patriots will have a chance to kick a game winning field goal at the end.

Fact is, if you don't do it in the regular season, you can't get to the post season. Fact is, if the team isn't great from top-to-bottom, owner-to-punter, it won't work. Post-season separation doesn't happen because of a QB - it happens because of the franchise as a whole.
                  Last edited by Doogansquest; 10-13-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    Manning was clutch? I think you mean the defense, again.
                    He has lead 3 4th quarter drives in the last 2:00 to get or extend a lead, or tie a ballgame this season. Playing big when he has to. That is, by definition, clutch. Pretty much the only guy who's done that this year.

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    I hate NFL Power Rankings. It's pretty much the most useless statistic.
                    It isn't a statistic.

Comment

Working...
                    X