Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any realistic solutions for offensive woes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any realistic solutions for offensive woes?

First, it doesn't really matter which guys you want to blame the most. Manning, Kubiak, DT, the O-line. All of them, to one degree or another, are responsible for an offense that is not championship caliber. Second, for you Manning skeptics, he's not going to get benched anytime soon. Not unless he truly falls off the face of the planet. It's a pipe dream. Third, for you Manning supporters, he ain't getting any younger. Whatever his degree of physical deterioration, it's only going to get worse as the season progresses and the temperature falls.

So, what to do? We could get a RB like Forte. Now, he won't fix the O-line, but he is more talented than Hillman and Anderson. A TE might be nice too since Owen Daniels looks done. An upgrade at either position would help take some pressure off Manning. Then there's the O-line. It seems time is the answer. More experience should yield better results. In any event, I don't know what else would help.

Don't hit the panic button. Getting the O-Line coordinated will take time.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Everything starts in the trenches. It's been quite pitiful. The worrisome part is besides practice I'm not sure how you fix it. I'd like to see more two back sets in max protect. They can't seem to stop pressure up the middle and Manning more than anyone needs to step up in the pocket with his throws.

Comment

There's no real "fix", because each one plays off the other. When the QB commands no respect from the opposing defense anymore, it puts massive pressure on every other offensive unit to be "perfect" to get the defense to soften up. But when that happens, the QB needs to be able to take advantage of that. And unfortunately he can't so we are faced with 16 weeks of finger pointing of everyone except the guy who everything on the offense centers around. Be it good or bad, this offense goes as PM goes. And right now it's going exactly where he's headed.........
        #swapping

Comment

The solution was to not pay Peyton 15 million dollars this season. Elway should have gone with someone else.

Because Peyton is your qb, you will have no consistent long ball threat and you guys will have no run game. That hurts, especially in cold weather games late in the season.

Comment

The solution, around here, is to stop talking about it. Of course many would dump Manning for basically an inexperienced rookie. Some, and I am one, believe the Oline needs time / health. Some, and I am also in this camp, think our RBs are ordinary this year, even though the Oline has not been their best friend.

I love Sanders, and DT is always going to be a league leader. We could definitely use a better receiver at TE, but that's unlikely to change. Hey, we need blocking TEs this season, until we show more run game progress.

I can see us winning and winning, and folks complaining and complaining. Confusing at times. Maybe we should acquire Cutler again next season.....should make for some really fun debates!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              The solution, around here, is to stop talking about it. Of course many would dump Manning for basically an inexperienced rookie. Some, and I am one, believe the Oline needs time / health. Some, and I am also in this camp, think our RBs are ordinary this year, even though the Oline has not been their best friend.

I love Sanders, and DT is always going to be a league leader. We could definitely use a better receiver at TE, but that's unlikely to change. Hey, we need blocking TEs this season, until we show more run game progress.

I can see us winning and winning, and folks complaining and complaining. Confusing at times. Maybe we should acquire Cutler again next season.....should make for some really fun debates!!!!
              Yes you will win 11+games this regular season. But those aren't the ones your fellow Broncos fans are concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                Yes you will win 11+games this regular season. But those aren't the ones your fellow Broncos fans are concerned about.
                Not according to the Game Day threads. Many on those threads have issues if we have a single bad play, let alone lose a game, regular season or not. They don't even like wins if they aren't pretty enough.

Comment

Free agency and draft next year.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the one thing that can fix it is making a exact replica gameplan that Kubiak had in BAL with Justin Forsett. Hillman is a similar back to him and I would like to use more stretch runs and tosses to the outside. I dont get why we keep trying to run in between the hashes with a inferior line. Running toss, stretch and RB screens to the outside will loosen up the defense and open up a lot over the middle. I just dont get why we dont do that, it seems pretty obvious to me.

I also think that as long as we can take care of the Browns this Sunday, we can then head into the bye week at 6-0 and have 2 weeks to retool everything and come out for the stretch run of the season with a new mindset and gameplan after having 2 weeks to restructure things.
                    Last edited by ChampPik4Six; 10-12-2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I was just listening to Cris Carter on ESPN and he had some suggestions and I'll state them here. He proposed that Manning focus on throwing short, intermediate throws and mix it up with other guys besides DT and Sanders.

He was suggesting that we include Fowler more in the short, intermediate passing game because the guy just makes great catches and plays. He also suggested that every once in awhile consider throwing to Virgil Green and Caldwell just to mix it up so that DT and Sanders aren't always focused on.

His point was that if we spread the ball around more with those types of 10 yard throws like Brady does, and then a longer throw every once in a while, the defense will have to back up a little to open up the run game. And then do the run game like Kubes did in BALT with Forsett last year.

Anyway, that was his suggestion. His assertion was that if we can do that, and the run game gets going, this team will be a scary team because of our defense.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

The O-line has opened up some running lanes, not consistently though. Our RB's must step out of tackles more often than never. Can't see Manning getting better but instead will most likely get worse. So this run game needs to improve and IMO should be a focal point for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                          The O-line has opened up some running lanes, not consistently though. Our RB's must step out of tackles more often than never. Can't see Manning getting better but instead will most likely get worse. So this run game needs to improve and IMO should be a focal point for improvement.
                          I agree, somehow the running game has to get good.

The problem is that Peyton's skillset is the least likely to help that along. He can't move, and he can't get under center. He can't spread out the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            I was just listening to Cris Carter on ESPN and he had some suggestions and I'll state them here. He proposed that Manning focus on throwing short, intermediate throws and mix it up with other guys besides DT and Sanders.

He was suggesting that we include Fowler more in the short, intermediate passing game because the guy just makes great catches and plays. He also suggested that every once in awhile consider throwing to Virgil Green and Caldwell just to mix it up so that DT and Sanders aren't always focused on.

His point was that if we spread the ball around more with those types of 10 yard throws like Brady does, and then a longer throw every once in a while, the defense will have to back up a little to open up the run game. And then do the run game like Kubes did in BALT with Forsett last year.

Anyway, that was his suggestion. His assertion was that if we can do that, and the run game gets going, this team will be a scary team because of our defense.
                            Good points. Defiantly agree about Fowler! That guy had been impressive this year. He seems to want to play and knows how to use his big frame to block people out before the catch. Heck use him to spell DT until he has recovered from his injury.

Hate to say it but losing Julius hurts more than I thought it would. Yesterday's first pick, after looking at again, it looked like Daniels was supposed to turn left to the ball which was the only open space. But instead he looked lost and wasn't expecting the ball. He also got tangled up in traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                              I agree, somehow the running game has to get good.

The problem is that Peyton's skillset is the least likely to help that along. He can't move, and he can't get under center. He can't spread out the defense.
                              I do think if Oz played, the run game would suddenly look better but we can't change QB's now. We're all in with Peyton.

Comment

Working...
                              X