Bench Owen Daniels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    You can do the same stat for Rahim Moore......ha. He was injured and out just about as often. That stat means nothing. Chalk this up as yet another excuse made for a HOF QB.

Psst HOF QBs still playing at a HOF level don't need excuses, they didn't when they were playing at that level. The only reason he needs excuses now is because people refuse to recognize the truth.
    Moore didn't miss much time, only part of the season two years ago because of a freak injury. And how does that disprove his the Thomas theory? Moore was out while Manning was breaking records with Thomas.

The fact is, this offense does miss Julius. Not because he can't block or was soft, but because of how teams had to play him and the attention he took away from the other receivers.

Comment

Only if Demaryius goes sit with him. Put Fowler in.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
        Boy do we miss Julius....
        Even if we had Julius the guy has been out for pretty much the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          Disappear may not be the right word to use. Is he out there doing what his coaches and the play calls for? I don't know.

For whatever reason PM likes to go to Daniels though he's been spotty at best. For our passing game to have any semblance of success PM needs a TE who can run a good route and catch the ball. If Green can do that then it's up to PM to get him the ball, all Green can do is go out and do what he's asked to do.
          I would be pleased if Green was doing exactly that....the issue is that he is not. He is getting beat on his blocks AND he isn't being used as a passing threat. I will be honest I'd like to see one of our other TE's in the game and see what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOBroncoFan View Post
            Even if we had Julius the guy has been out for pretty much the whole time.
            This is true. I think the issue is that big fast Julius who may be the biggest reason for Manning's huge numbers in 2013/start of 2014 was replaced by an ageing slow TE who can't get separation and isn't really that great of a blocker (better than Julius but by how much?). Yeah they drafted a TE who is now on IR but many also though Virgil would get a true shot and he hasn't.

Manning doesn't have a reliable 3rd option and it is hurting. I would say give Fowler more looks over Norwood but then we have 3 WR on the field who all are better outside.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
              Everyone just kind of assumed Virgil would be the next Julius, but at some point you need to prove it. Like Latimer, it's hard to criticize much when they aren't given a real shot, but the lack of playing time itself is telling.

The real answer to TE is probably in the draft/FA next offseason. And a #3 WR unless Fowler follows through with his preliminary emergence.
              line stinks he is in as extra protection. not being used as a pass catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                no argument from me there but if Daniels is dropping passes and not getting separation and Virgil is struggling with blocks why not invert them? - Virgil to fill in for Daniels and Daniels in to block?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                  It's predictable though and so is much of the offence due to lack of run game. The Broncos are also very predictable out of shotgun as they never run the ball! Too many times this season it has been 1-2 yard run on 1st down, then shotgun - pass. CJ and Moreno excelled running out of shotgun in years past. It is at least worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                    no argument from me there but if Daniels is dropping passes and not getting separation and Virgil is struggling with blocks why not invert them? - Virgil to fill in for Daniels and Daniels in to block?
                    Something like this has to happen because I doubt there is any FA TE's out there worth signing. Manning and OD are two vets, they should be able to get on the same page in no time but they haven't and from what I have seen it is because Daniels can't get separation.

Comment

Working...
                    X