Give Juwan Thompson a real shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Juwan Thompson a real shot

CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman have both looked rough this season. Why not give Thompson a shot at RB, at least 10-15 touches a game. I get this fanbase is quick to freak out at the QB position (that's 90% of what these boards are post-Elway) but Kubiak isn't benching Peyton so why not try to fix the bigger problem on this offense, the running game.
    I'm not getting into the Peyton debate, I think if he has a decent running game we can win the SB with this defense. Kubiak and Shanny were always known for getting a new RB each year as long as they fit the system well, maybe Thompson will, it can't be any worse than its been. The Broncos are on pace to have the worst running game in their team history. And if Thompson doesn't work out maybe go trade for a RB that fits.

Doubt he gets a huge shot this week since he has an injured hamstring
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

It sounds like they wanted to during the last two weeks from Kubiak's presser, but he got hurt early on so it fell a bit short. I can't imagine he won't get a shot though.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
        Doubt he gets a huge shot this week since he has an injured hamstring
        Roto World listed hilman with a Hammy issue....didn't hear that Thompson had one as well. Anyway....lets get Thompson and Fowler MANY more touches this week !!!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
          Roto World listed hilman with a Hammy issue....didn't hear that Thompson had one as well. Anyway....lets get Thompson and Fowler MANY more touches this week !!!
          I didn't hear Hilman Rotoworld may have listed the wrong Back, I listened to Kubes presse which is on Broncos Web site, and he said Thompson has hammy issue wont know much till later in the week and other 2 backs healthy
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Thompson has gotten hurt every time he's played. He'll never get his shot if he can't stay healthy, it's unfortunate cause he could make a difference.

Comment

Thompson is our most athletic back and I think underrated. That said, he does seem to have a troubling injury bug

Comment

What has he done to deserve more of a chance? Overall, all 3 of them have been underwhelming.

Do we just keep rotating until we find a guy that can string along a couple 100-yards games? That is kind of tough to do when most the time, whomever the ball carrier is, is first contacted by the defense 3-yards behind the line of scrimmage.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  What has he done to deserve more of a chance? Overall, all 3 of them have been underwhelming.

Do we just keep rotating until we find a guy that can string along a couple 100-yards games? That is kind of tough to do when most the time, whomever the ball carrier is, is first contacted by the defense 3-yards behind the line of scrimmage.
                  I think it's as simple as C.J. not being able to pick up a yard consistently.

Comment

I agree that Juwan would be a great help but we need to look at the plays which have occurred on the field. When our Oline has blocked properly we saw Hillman have a few decent runs and Cj did improve this past game. Hillman also struggled rounding that outer edge again in this past game.

I think it is time that Elway and Kubes take some responsibility for either implementing a poor offense or not acquiring the right lineman for the type of offense they want to run. We need a guy like Franklin - bigger yet oddly mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                      I think it's as simple as C.J. not being able to pick up a yard consistently.
                      I am happy to admit when a RB is doing poorly or doing well but we are seeing two completely different O-Lines out there from play to play.

I have taken the liberty of pulling some caps from the game:

#1:

Look at the Oakland players circled in red. They have already beaten their blockers. Worst of all the three guys in that triangle right in front of CJ are right where the hole is supposed to be. Now this is where I do put some blame on CJ he did not go outside to his right...there was room there but as you can see at the top of your screen there are two open oakland raiders circled in red who would be able to make that run over and stop him free and clear for a gain of maybe 3-4 TOPS.

#2:

These plays are one apart from each other. So now the Broncos add another lineman to try and RAM the ball down Oakland's throat....clearly didn't work. #85 V.Green cannot hold his block at all and is more of a turn style his man is circled in red at the top middleish of the screen. As you can see all of Oakland players who have beaten their block are circled in red with the exception of #52 who was not blocked at all. What would have really helped this play is Daniels (directly above Green in the cap) should have run into Green's man to slow him down as it should have been clear that Green was struggling.

So these are just two plays but there are MANY MANY more. IMO- just as it has been all season long the issue is our TE's blocking is poor as is our lineman's. They are being beaten like they are pylons.

Comment

We can't run with anyone (maybe Jim Brown?) if there are 8-9 in the box and we can't get it downfield.

But I have my hand raised. Play Juwan. He just needs to stay healthy...

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                          We can't run with anyone (maybe Jim Brown?) if there are 8-9 in the box and we can't get it downfield.

But I have my hand raised. Play Juwan. He just needs to stay healthy...
                          yes but you have to wonder if he didn't tweak his Hammy when he was moving the pile in his last game...Even Juwan needs blocking....That said I will forever remember his hit on the SF defender.

Comment

Totally agree! I've been screaming at the TV for Juwan to get a real shot for awhile now. He always seems to make something happen - like CJ did last year. Hopefully this injury bug he's caught will go away soon and he can start proving he's the best RB on our team. I'd love to see Juwan as our number one back with Hillman as our change of pace back.

Comment

Also wouldn't mind seeing Bibbs get a shot too.

Comment

Working...
                              X