Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Juwan Thompson a real shot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    You don't get it/ They could put Herscel Walker back there and get the same results. If your QB is no threat to throw, then the defense is going to stack the box everytime. Especially if you have a lousy O-Line, TEs that don't block, no full back and a QB that is never a threat to run his way out of the pressure. The recipe has been blueprinted for all our next opponents, so expect to see more of the same for the rest of the season unless Peyton gets hurt or benched, until then there is always next season because we won't make it to the AFC Championship with this offense.

    I think Kubes needs to call a Code Red on Peyton.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
      You don't get it/ They could put Herscel Walker back there and get the same results. If your QB is no threat to throw, then the defense is going to stack the box everytime. Especially if you have a lousy O-Line, TEs that don't block, no full back and a QB that is never a threat to run his way out of the pressure. The recipe has been blueprinted for all our next opponents, so expect to see more of the same for the rest of the season unless Peyton gets hurt or benched, until then there is always next season because we won't make it to the AFC Championship with this offense.

      I think Kubes needs to call a Code Red on Peyton.
      How exactly will pulling PM from the line up fix the O-Line blocking? Is Manning a poor blocker now too?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        How exactly will pulling PM from the line up fix the O-Line blocking? Is Manning a poor blocker now too?
        No - In fact Manning is likely making this line look a lot better. He has a VERY fast release of the ball. This is one of the reasons they moved to the pistol. We did see some more play from under center but mediocre results in the passing game from what I can recall.

        Comment


        • #19
          Thread is getting derailed. Not everything is about Manning.
          I believe.

          Comment


          • #20
            Can anyone think of some two back sets which we might be able to run to have Cj & Juwan in there?

            Comment


            • #21
              Juwan needs time since Cj doesn't break tackles anymore

              Comment


              • #22
                hard for Juwan to get more snaps when hes perpetually banged up.

                "the best players are the available players" -herm edwards
                sigpic

                Hooray, beer!

                Comment


                • #23
                  I would love to see Juwan get more time but that is because IMO he is our best rb after contact is made.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The RB carrying the ball isn't the problem...........
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                      Thread is getting derailed. Not everything is about Manning.
                      Actually it is! I really think CJ anderson would be decent if the defenders didnt load the box. It all comes down to that.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Juwan will get a shot when he sees a better endurance trainer, or find a way to mold him out of his made of glass status physique.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                          We can't run with anyone (maybe Jim Brown?) if there are 8-9 in the box and we can't get it downfield.

                          But I have my hand raised. Play Juwan. He just needs to stay healthy...
                          Manning has attempted more passes downfield than Brady, and has completed more than Flacco or Stafford (two guys with cannons for arms). His percentage on those throws puts him in the upper tier, so this idea that he can't throw it downfield is drawing defenses up is absurd.

                          So if he's throwing it downfield like any other QB, why isn't it spreading them out? If he switched to pistol, why isn't it spreading them out? When Denver ran with 3x TE's, it didn't help the run game. Denver ran with an extra lineman and some TE's, and it didn't help the run game.

                          The ONLY answer left is simple: the o-line + defenses stacking the box no matter what = no run game.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Well if he didn't get hurt.... AGAIN. I sure he would of gotten more shots.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                              Well if he didn't get hurt.... AGAIN. I sure he would of gotten more shots.
                              Seriously... Threads like these make me question how closely people actually watch the games.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X