Broncos have the toughest remaining schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos have the toughest remaining schedule

The Broncos remaining schedule has us playing three likely undefeated teams. Packers, Pats, and Bengals. Plus we still need to play the Chargers twice. The pats have their usual weak schedule to play. The Bengals, playing very well also have no huge competition coming up either. The Packers will have some good teams to play later but who cares their not in the AFC. So to the point, If we don't beat the Packers, Pats, and the Bengals we will probably be the number 3 seed in the play offs. Good thing all the games are home games. Two out of three would be good, against the Pats and Bengals. Any thoughts? Keep the faith......Playsmart

Don't forget the Colts and the Steelers

Comment

I think the disaster that's about to unfold will be a lot worse than the '09 disaster we had to endure because this is a true SB caliber team minus the most important position

Comment

Unless the Broncos can magically "fix" at least some of the offensive issues I would not be surprised to see them drop at least five games in the remaining eleven.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          Unless the Broncos can magically "fix" at least some of the offensive issues I would not be surprised to see them drop at least five games in the remaining eleven.
          Yeah I think 11-5 is a good bet

Comment

11-5...........poopy ending inspite of this "super" defensive effort
            Dr. Giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              Yeah I think 11-5 is a good bet
              Hopefully we win that many! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                I think the disaster that's about to unfold will be a lot worse than the '09 disaster we had to endure because this is a true SB caliber team minus the most important position
                lol this guys posts are priceless.. i'm sure your call is they will end up 5-11 now all because of Manning, but WAIT bring in Brock and they will go undefeated for sure!!!

In all seriousness the entire afc west is imploding leaving little concern that we will make playoffs so the record really wont matter all too much. If the O can just get on the same page we will have a shot at the whole thing WITH Manning. We don't stand a chance with an unproven inexperienced QB at the helm.

I call 12-4 or 13-3 regardless because we will win 1 or 2 of those tough matches. They are all excellent football teams though, but I have to chalk a couple up to the "any given sunday" factor because our team CAN HANG! -- the playoffs are what matter though, and again I think we have a very good shot this year.

Please though, i'm sure Next champ and the rest of the people calling for Mannings head, the future HoFer and most experienced QB in the league, will completely bomb out all season and we don't stand a chance. So maybe the coaches will, although we are undefeated, go with the unproven rookie over Manning just because you think it will be better for us.

Comment

I'd bet on a range from 10-6 to 12-4...I wouldn't put money down on the Broncos winning a playoff game, however. I don't think the cards are in place for a calamitous collapse a la 2006 or 2009 - I just don't think this team can sustain the early season success against better teams. Our defense will wear down later in the season and there's just not a very high ceiling for this offense. I wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay or Indianapolis unveils some chinks in our defense's armor. It's a great unit, but it's not quite on the historically good levels that some writers like Andrew Mason are framing them. They've shut down five pretty average offenses thus far. Crowning them right now is premature.

Now go out and prove me wrong, Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Playsmart View Post
                    The Broncos remaining schedule has us playing three likely undefeated teams. Packers, Pats, and Bengals. Plus we still need to play the Chargers twice. The pats have their usual weak schedule to play. The Bengals, playing very well also have no huge competition coming up either. The Packers will have some good teams to play later but who cares their not in the AFC. So to the point, If we don't beat the Packers, Pats, and the Bengals we will probably be the number 3 seed in the play offs. Good thing all the games are home games. Two out of three would be good, against the Pats and Bengals. Any thoughts? Keep the faith......Playsmart
                    Cincy always look good early and then fold down the stretch, it's who they are. Remember they were dubbed "the best team in the NFL" for a little while last year. But they still have Marvin Lewis coaching them and Andy Dalton as QB.

NE have been 2 mediocre teams a horrible team and a very banged up team and the media are overreacting about how good they are. They'll lose 4 of their remaining 12, they're a good team, but not nearly as good as some in the media (Peter King) make them out to be.

GB look like a very good team, it's impressive what they're doing despite their injuries at receiver. If they stay healthy they should be playing in February.

I'm not sure how good Denver is, we'll see going forward, if they're as good as many of us hope, they'll win despite the strength of schedule, that's what great teams do.

Comment

just need run game and red zone efficiency to step up. We're moving the ball well between the 20s (even with a one-dimensional offense) but have no points to show for it. Fix that and we can beat anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by KeystoneBronco View Post
                        lol this guys posts are priceless.. i'm sure your call is they will end up 5-11 now all because of Manning......
                        I kind of feel like this will be a repeat of 2009 unless things change on offense really fast. Might as well have Kyle Orton back there right now........at least that is how it feels atm.
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Holy cow people are being dramatic...

I think we beat the Packers. We're at home, we have the bye week to prepare, and the Packers aren't going undefeated this season.

The Patriots will likely be a loss, unfortunately, unless something dramatic happens offensively.

The Steelers with Roethlisberger back will be a toss-up I think. We'll likely lose to the Colts and split with the Chargers. There will also be a fluky loss in there somewhere to a team we would otherwise beat.

That puts us at 12-4 or 11-5 at worst, which is about where most people predicted us to be. I'm not sure why that is "bad news" to some of you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            Holy cow people are being dramatic...

I think we beat the Packers. We're at home, we have the bye week to prepare, and the Packers aren't going undefeated this season.

The Patriots will likely be a loss, unfortunately, unless something dramatic happens offensively.

The Steelers with Roethlisberger back will be a toss-up I think. We'll likely lose to the Colts and split with the Chargers. There will also be a fluky loss in there somewhere to a team we would otherwise beat.

That puts us at 12-4 or 11-5 at worst, which is about where most people predicted us to be. I'm not sure why that is "bad news" to some of you.
                            I said we would go 11-5. I think I may have been incorrect. We will be better than that.
                            sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

There were some good points on the fan morning show yesterday. The offense has stepped every time it has needed to when the game is on the line. Obviously it was just a hunch but Vic and Dreesen seemed to think the O would come out of its shell for Green Bay. I hope they are right although Cleveland would do just fine as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X