Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verno Davis immediately feeling difference between San fran and Denver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verno Davis immediately feeling difference between San fran and Denver.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...rancisco-49ers

Sorry didn't see it posted anywhere but heres a quick interview from Peyton Manning and Vernon Davis from earlier today.

He should.. There's a ton of altitude difference....

;-)

Comment

He went from a smug, cocky, arrogant creaton like Kap, to a classy, intelligent, strives to get better and better gentleman like Peyton. You are immediately entering a way healthier atmosphere just being near Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by notwithit View Post
        He should.. There's a ton of altitude difference....

;-)
        LOL... my first thought as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
          He went from a smug, cocky, arrogant creaton like Kap, to a classy, intelligent, strives to get better and better gentleman like Peyton. You are immediately entering a way healthier atmosphere just being near Manning.
          yesterday Alfred Williams made the comment that playing in San Francisco with quarterbacks such as Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith, may have cost Vernon Davis a Hall of Fame career.

At age 31 now playing in Denver for half a season with Peyton Manning, under Gary Kubiak and who knows how many more years with whatever QB, does he have a chance to resurrect his career to a high enough level to make him Hall of Fame worthy?

Comment

Yup difference in attitude here. Difference from a losing season to a super bowl contender. Fresh air new place a fan base that's throlled to have him. What's not for him to like?

I hope it motivates him and gets him back to playing at a high level. I'm really looking to seeing if he can help in the running game more than catching. However it's nice to have another weapon on offense.
            :go:

Comment

I would assume he would feel an immediate difference just because obviously:

One team is undefeated, and possibly hitting their stride.

One team is in mass turmoil with a losing recrod. There are lots of injuries and player transactions, (even before the season), and a benched QB with a big contract.

It's almost like saying "water is wet."
              Last edited by Peerless; 11-05-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                yesterday Alfred Williams made the comment that playing in San Francisco with quarterbacks such as Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith, may have cost Vernon Davis a Hall of Fame career.

At age 31 now playing in Denver for half a season with Peyton Manning, under Gary Kubiak and who knows how many more years with whatever QB, does he have a chance to resurrect his career to a high enough level to make him Hall of Fame worthy?
                I really doubt it. He hasn't had nearly the career that guys like Gates and Gonzalez had, He'd have to put up ungodly numbers and not retire for several years after this.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! You take that back!!

sigpic

Comment

I think the possibility is there if he plays 3 or 4 years here. Kubiak's offenses tend to go heavy on TE sets, and Davis has a skillset that the others do no possess. However, Mike Klis thinks it could be up to a month before we start to see any production from Davis, but I can't say I really agree with that at all.

The biggest factor in Hall of Fame or no will obviously be a ring. Let's hope that happens :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                      I think the possibility is there if he plays 3 or 4 years here. Kubiak's offenses tend to go heavy on TE sets, and Davis has a skillset that the others do no possess. However, Mike Klis thinks it could be up to a month before we start to see any production from Davis, but I can't say I really agree with that at all.

The biggest factor in Hall of Fame or no will obviously be a ring. Let's hope that happens :thumb:
                      Weeks or a month...I see no reason why he cannot start this week coming up. Running basic routes in our playbook etc.I cannot think of a reason why he cannot be productive immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                        Weeks or a month...I see no reason why he cannot start this week coming up. Running basic routes in our playbook etc.I cannot think of a reason why he cannot be productive immediately.
                        Yeah me neither. The only thing difficult for him will be some verbiage and audibles at the line. Our TE routes that have been successful thus far have all been fairly simple from what I recall.

I will say though, for devil's advocate's sake, running the wrong route after an audible can be disastrous. Pretty easy to throw an INT when you're counting on timing and the receiver runs the opposite direction . That said, I see no reason why we can't keep it simple enough for his first few weeks in the system.

Comment

Who's Verno Davis?

I hope he is good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            Things most likely wont really start to click for him and mannings timing for a few weeks right in time to pummel the cheatriots. But that can be a good thing because the cheatriots will not have any film to study.
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-05-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Gonna depend a lot on his output from here on ..... He controls his own future rewards at this point.

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                              Whut?!?!?!?!?!!? When did THAT happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?
                              Last edited by Grandpa; 11-05-2015, 08:51 AM.
                              --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X