Our Defenders being held?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Defenders being held?

HAs there been even one holding call on teh opposite teams olines this year for holding? I can honestly say I haven't seen one.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
    sigpic

Maybe less than 5,and usually at times where it don't matter. What really ticks me off is all the scrambling QBs we played this year and thats when you usually see a lot of holds is when they are running around, but yet apparently every team we have played this year have super linemen who don't hold our pass rushers
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
      Maybe less than 5,and usually at times where it don't matter. What really ticks me off is all the scrambling QBs we played this year and thats when you usually see a lot of holds is when they are running around, but yet apparently every team we have played this year have super linemen who don't hold our pass rushers
      lol that's what i was thinking... man are those lineman that good lol... there was at least five times you could see our guys literally being bent over backwards by the lineman's arm around their neck with no calls...
      GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
      sigpic

Comment

The refs don't give the broncos calls, this isn't a new phenomenon, we've been seeing it for years.

Comment

I'm not one to use the refs as an excuse, but I believe this is a legitimate subject.

Does anyone know, or have access to the source of information, how many holding calls does the leading sack team gets every year?

Cause I'm amazed at how little of the, we get.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoJuice View Post
            The refs don't give the broncos calls, this isn't a new phenomenon, we've been seeing it for years.
            yeah i get that it isn't new but at what point is it so blatantly obvious it changes.... cause its pretty bad right now .
            GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I believe there has been about 2 called... Maybe 3. I've personally seen 5 that haven't been called, where Sly or Von were running at QB, with OL behind them, arms extended, grabbing jersey.

If you can call a defensive holding on a FG attempt, you would think you would see 1 off holding call vs NFL best pass rush.

Questionable. All on Ward personal foul hitting WR (sanders didn't get that call last week). They throw flags on GB (delay of game), on Indy for facemask, then mysteriously pick them up.

Questionable facemask call on DEN too.

Our WR, running downfield in first half, on the sidelines, had his left arm grabbed and held by DB as he tried to catch ball... No call.

They missed calls both ways... But... The last two penalties? Talib was foolish, but had that been against us... It wouldn't have been called.

Comment

What is worse is what can we do about it I'm sure the league he sees this baloney they don't care they are more concerned with Ramming another commercial down our throats between every other play.

Also this is part of the reason for the defenses late meltdown in the last few seconds of the game.

Comment

My personal favorite today was in the facemask penalty in the first half. The ref waited to watch the reply on the big screen to watch it then call it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    My personal favorite today was in the facemask penalty in the first half. The ref waited to watch the reply on the big screen to watch it then call it.
                    This is true and even that blasphemist Phil Simms made a comment about it.

Comment

My favorite was the defensive holding on a FG attempt.
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                        Or that defensive holding call on trevathon, on the TE, nowhere near where the play was. That was on a third down, so in essence it was a turnover. How is that called but not when our WR has his arm being hugged by the CB?

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          Or that defensive holding call on trevathon, on the TE, nowhere near where the play was. That was on a third down, so in essence it was a turnover. How is that called but not when our WR has his arm being hugged by the CB?
                          Because the NFL hasn't figured out how to penalize snuggling.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                            My favorite was the defensive holding on a FG attempt.
                            Colts are tattletale snitches... We saw that with Inflategate. I'm sure the called nFL this week, saw how we have blocked some kicks... So they complained about how we crash and do something to ends or something. That ref was obviously looking for something, and as soon as he caught a glimpse of what Indy complained about before the game, he threw a flag. There is no other way that gets called, in that spot.

Comment

I guess there is improvement... Packers were flagged twice against us... Indy was flagged 4 times today.

Comment

Working...
                              X