Our Defenders being held?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    I agree with this. With so many subjective calls, it's easily plausibly deniable, and stands to help negate one team's major advantage over another's. This could easily turn a blowout victory into a last possession thriller...exactly what the NFL wants.
    As a renown "Conspiracy Buff", I agree with this. And considering what our Defense just did to Andrew Luck (torn abdominal muscle, lacerated kidney's), I fully expect to see more and more "Holding" by the opposition that won't be called by the Officials. In fact, I expect to see our Defensive players, rushing opposing QBs, tackled with no Holding calls.

I think everybody knows that there is a "wink and nod" agreement amongst Management and Officials that losing a QB of Lucks caliber will simply not be tolerated in this league. And frankly, after the debacle in New Jersey a couple of years ago, I believe that the NFL Officials believe that the Denver Broncos being back in the Superbowl is bad for the overall health of the NFL. So, we aren't going to get one iota of help from the Officials. In fact, I see just the opposite.

But then again, I'm a "Conspiracy Buff". Ha

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      As a renown "Conspiracy Buff", I agree with this. And considering what our Defense just did to Andrew Luck (torn abdominal muscle, lacerated kidney's), I fully expect to see more and more "Holding" by the opposition that won't be called by the Officials. In fact, I expect to see our Defensive players, rushing opposing QBs, tackled with no Holding calls.

I think everybody knows that there is a "wink and nod" agreement amongst Management and Officials that losing a QB of Lucks caliber will simply not be tolerated in this league. And frankly, after the debacle in New Jersey a couple of years ago, I believe that the NFL Officials believe that the Denver Broncos being back in the Superbowl is bad for the overall health of the NFL. So, we aren't going to get one iota of help from the Officials. In fact, I see just the opposite.

Are you suggesting the officials knew Luck was injured and let his line play loose and hold?

Comment

Why would us being in the SB be bad for the health of the NFL?
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Because 70% of the U.S. population is within a 300 mile radius of Philadelphia. And a good portion of the rest is on the West Coast. It's good for the NFL to have a team from the Northeast in the Superbowl, and it's good for them to have a team from the West Coast in the Superbowl. Not so much from areas that aren't population centers. But, keep in mind that this is my own theory. I can't prove anything, and I'm probably wrong. Just a personal theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Are you suggesting the officials knew Luck was injured and let his line play loose and hold?
            No, and I didn't Post that.

Comment

Can't say that I subscribe to that level of conspiracy...but I'll defend to the death your right to do so.

My tinfoil hat-ness is more limited to just the subjective penalty calling. I think the average official will err on the side of the weaker team (and especially the weaker home team) when flagging subjective shenanigans. Without delving too deeply into specifics, I can see that the Patriots* (for example) are flagged more on the road than at home. At Foxborough* they were only flagged four times against the Jets, and flagged eight times against the Dolphins. The most was 11 on the road against the Bills. Since I don't typically watch Patriots* games, I'm not sure if these were all deserved, if some were questionable, and if their opponents' penalties slipped through the officiating cracks.

But, I'll wager dollars to donuts that the Pats will be flagged far more than usual in their game against the Giants. Again, this is all purely subjective...I'm quite certain competing theories abound...and, I'm probably nuts.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                Can't say that I subscribe to that level of conspiracy...but I'll defend to the death your right to do so.

My tinfoil hat-ness is more limited to just the subjective penalty calling. I think the average official will err on the side of the weaker team (and especially the weaker home team) when flagging subjective shenanigans. Without delving too deeply into specifics, I can see that the Patriots* (for example) are flagged more on the road than at home. At Foxborough* they were only flagged four times against the Jets, and flagged eight times against the Dolphins. The most was 11 on the road against the Bills. Since I don't typically watch Patriots* games, I'm not sure if these were all deserved, if some were questionable, and if their opponents' penalties slipped through the officiating cracks.

But, I'll wager dollars to donuts that the Pats will be flagged far more than usual in their game against the Giants. Again, this is all purely subjective...I'm quite certain competing theories abound...and, I'm probably nuts.
                Welcome to the "tin foil hat" asylum, where we are all a little crazy! LOL

Comment

No, and I didn't Post that.
                  I was not saying that was your point, just trying to understand you, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    I was not saying that was your point, just trying to understand you, that's all.
                    I think, an this is just my guess, is that he is saying to protect qbs the lines are being allowed to hold to attempt to bring the number of times we hit them down.

So if you are beat grab our rushers because odds are you won't be called. This brings the numbers of his on the qb down and keeps them safer. He pointed to luck as even being held we were doing that so if teams couldn't hold there would be more injuries. But like I said that is just my interpretation of what he said and I could be completely wrong lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

I am not saying that the league is fixed, but all Peyton needs to do is announce his retirement and we are handed Super Bowl 50. Look at how the league lets it's best go out on top....Ray Lewis, Jerome Bettis, John Elway just to name a few.

There is clear league bias. We aren't on the coast and are a medium market team.

There is a CBS store and restaurant at Gillette for God's sake.

Unless someone (Gary Kubiak) starts calling out the league in postgame for the lack of holding calls, we will always get the short end of the stick. Refs can and will fabricate calls to help out another team.

Goodell must go or like Mark Cuban said, this league will be defunct in less than 10 years.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        We aren't on any major media coast. The league and the media enjoys making fun of us especially for our Super Bowl blowouts.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

The league will take this out on us putting Luck on the shelf. Count on it. Look for them to set up a Cincy-New England AFCCG just to stick it to us.

I completely agree with you. We aren't the league darling Patriots. They will hand Tom Brady at least one more Super Bowl before he retires. Goodell and Kraft are buddies. In fact, if Hernandez was found not guilty, he would be in uniform for the Patriots as we speak.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                            I am not saying that the league is fixed, but all Peyton needs to do is announce his retirement and we are handed Super Bowl 50. Look at how the league lets it's best go out on top....Ray Lewis, Jerome Bettis, John Elway just to name a few.

There is clear league bias. We aren't on the coast and are a medium market team.

There is a CBS store and restaurant at Gillette for God's sake.

Unless someone (Gary Kubiak) starts calling out the league in postgame for the lack of holding calls, we will always get the short end of the stick. Refs can and will fabricate calls to help out another team.

Goodell must go or like Mark Cuban said, this league will be defunct in less than 10 years.
                            I question the John Elway statement because he didn't announce his retirement until after he won the second SB. Now I maybe wrong but if I remember correctly they were bugging the crap out of him about it and he would not talk about it until after the SB and after he had time to think about it away from the game.

Now I definitely could believe that the NFL would help Manning go out on top if he announced his retirement.
                            sigpic
                            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                            X