The Run Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Run Game

We just played the 28th placed Defensive Rush team in the league. Some might say we should have run more. I would say we ran poorly, and even those Manning "dislikers" have to admit, we did try to spread the field with our passing, including one long TD, and several near misses on other lengthy attempts.

So just as some will say last week was a fluke for Manning, maybe it was also a fluke for our running game. Just 35 yards on 14 carries, or 2.5 yds/carry. Sure, we should have run more, but it only looked promising on a couple of carries.

But all in all I am not that way inclined. I do not think the run game was the main culprit today, but it did not do well against a D that has had trouble defending against it.

I could also write a thread about our D, in the same fashion. But I won't. They have been great for us all season.

TEAM LOSS.

We need to play Hillman, CJ doesn't have it for some reason is year.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
      I believe CJ is injured. He just doesn't seem like the same back from last year.

Comment

Do you folks agree, they looked poor against one of the weakest rush Ds in the league? Of course, some of that has to do with our Oline.

Comment

Hillman 7 rushed 1 yd
          CJ 7 Rushed 34 yards.

So much for Hillman today.

O-line had issues with Opening lanes.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Hillman ran for ONE yard on the same amount of carries. CJ was the better back today, but the run blocking was absolutely atrocious

Comment

Our run game is probably the biggest concern for me with this team as it makes us one dimensional without it. Hillman is the #1 guy, but the others need work too for depth. I am hoping this part of our game improves and I am sure Kubiak will continue to work on it. Hoping for a healthy Hillman next week!

Comment

Hillman had 1 yard rushing today, you really want him starting?

Comment

The run game is just bad, that needs to be admitted. We might have a good game once in a while. But the o-line is not good at run blocking and the backs are playing mediocre at best. We have too many -1 yard plays. Even when the run game looks good, it still scares me when we're in 3rd and 1.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Do you folks agree, they looked poor against one of the weakest rush Ds in the league? Of course, some of that has to do with our Oline.
                    Yes, and that terrifies me.

Maybe others will be optimistic, but If they haven't gotten it now, I don't think they will. I hope they do, because these are the months when that is necessary.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hillman didn't practice all week and played like he was carrying something. The OL is a real worry aside from the two guards who btw one of them gets rotated out a few series every week for Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        We just played the 28th placed Defensive Rush team in the league. Some might say we should have run more. I would say we ran poorly, and even those Manning "dislikers" have to admit, we did try to spread the field with our passing, including one long TD, and several near misses on other lengthy attempts.

So just as some will say last week was a fluke for Manning, maybe it was also a fluke for our running game. Just 35 yards on 14 carries, or 2.5 yds/carry. Sure, we should have run more, but it only looked promising on a couple of carries.

But all in all I am not that way inclined. I do not think the run game was the main culprit today, but it did not do well against a D that has had trouble defending against it.

I could also write a thread about our D, in the same fashion. But I won't. They have been great for us all season.

TEAM LOSS.
                        lol is there such a thing in Denver this year as a run game.. I've seen no evidence of such a thing... that needs to be fixed pronto, or this year is all for naught.
                        GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Colts defense is terrible and we made them look like all-stars, that's scary.

Comment

I disagree. CJ is the better option, imo. The truth is...they need to decide on one of them and run him consistently, commit to the run, and stop the rotation. No RB is going to do well carrying the ball 7 times.

The Colts had one of the worst defenses against the run and the Broncos only ran the ball 14 times. Last week they ran it 34 times. The game plan was all about getting Manning the record in Indy instead of game planning to win the game. Stupid plan.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              I disagree. CJ is the better option, imo. The truth is...they need to decide on one of them and run him consistently, commit to the run, and stop the rotation. No RB is going to do well carrying the ball 7 times.

The Colts had one of the worst defenses against the run and the Broncos only ran the ball 14 times. Last week they ran it 34 times. The game plan was all about getting Manning the record in Indy instead of game planning to win the game. Stupid plan.
                              This ^^^^^^

I'm not saying we have an all-star O-line... But 14 runs, regardless of output just isn't getting it done.
                              What is our identity? Anyone?
                              Because it should be smash mouth running, with solid defensive play.
                              None of that happened today.

Why isn't Hillman touching the ball 20 times a game? Run and pass? Do we even set up screens?
                              CJ needs to be the North - South guy. Power formations. We have 3 viable tight ends... Let's put them out there.

Lastly, I sure wish we would operate from under center.

Comment

Working...
                              X