Tip of the Cap to Andrew Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
    I honestly feel like it got into the other players' heads as well. I remember Chris Harris saying in an interview that he wanted to win the game for Peyton. Other players said similar things too.
    If that's true, then you know the Broncos players talk about it.

Comment

He will be out 2-6 weeks with a torn abdominal muscle and lacerated kidneys. Holy smokes... I have so much respect for this kid. I knew he was getting the snot kicked out of him, but dang:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cerated-kidney

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        He will be out 2-6 weeks with a torn abdominal muscle and lacerated kidneys. Holy smokes... I have so much respect for this kid. I knew he was getting the snot kicked out of him, but dang:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cerated-kidney
        Thank God that we have a quarterback who knows how to get through a game without getting himself killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
          I also think Peyton wants to win against Indy so bad that he puts too much pressure on himself and it gets to him. You guys have been heavy favorites against us going in.
          Agreed. In addition, I think we had a game plan in place to earn Manning the yards needed. They became to focused on the records, especially in the first. At least that is what it seemed like.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
            Agreed. In addition, I think we had a game plan in place to earn Manning the yards needed. They became to focused on the records, especially in the first. At least that is what it seemed like.
            I don't really buy that.

Elway and Kubiak would not put a single player and his stats above the other 52 players and franchise staff. That epitomizes selfishness especially since the record is all but a given this season anyway.

They only stat most important is the win.

Comment

I felt so bad for Luck when I saw this news. I really like and respect him, but at the same time, I absolutely loathe Jim Irsay. He pulled out all the stops to get this victory on Sunday, from opening the roof to screw with Peyton's mind, to most likely forcing Pagano into his lineup, including starting Luck even though the entire league can tell he's not healthy.

Beating Denver but losing your best player is the epitome of "you won the battle, but you might now lose the war".

Comment

He has my respect for playing through the punishment that our defense gave him. One tough hombre.

Comment

Andrew Luck is one tough sonofa....

My hat is tipped to him.

Comment

I respect him .. He beat us.. But a better player and coach knows it's a 16+ game season and protects the most important player for the long term for the good of the team.

Comment

Luck is a great player but has to be smarter and slide feet first and give up a yard or two and save his body to play in the game. Russell Wilson is the same way and it is only time before he is injured also. I admire the guy for his abilities and the great guy he is off the field but he must be smarter to avoid injuries.

Kubiak game plans to win games not get Peyton a record. I think it would have thrilled no one more than Manning to have a run game last Sunday to slow the Colts pass rush and take the full load off his shoulders. we can only hope the run game comes about very soon because it is needed. Even a decent run game last Sunday and we probably win.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                        @JoshWilsonSB: Andrew Luck suffered abdominal injuries in win over Broncos. Lacerated kidneys, partially torn abdominal muscle. Recovery of 2-6 weeks.

Like I said. Tip your cap to that man. He suffered a beating and balled out
                        You nailed it in your first post, and this just amplifies what Luck did. Not to mention, some think he was quite hurt, prior to this game, and most of the season.

Andrew Luck is a classy, tough, talented player. I respect the dude!!

Comment

Really feel bad for the guy, but not for the Colts. I hate Andrew Luck for beating us but would never wish something like this. This is kind of karma for the Colts organization for being such bastards to us, for bribing the refs, for being tattle-tales and for winning a game they should never have won. The refs gave them that game. We obviously didn't help ourselves with zone defense, dropped balls, stupid penalties (although the refs helped the Colts on that end a lot) and not being able to run while having a truly crappy OL.

But Jim Irsay and the Colts got what they deserved. I only wish it hadn't come at the expense of a player getting injured, especially a lacerated kidney. We know how that went pretty bad for Keenan Allen.

Comment

Working...
                          X