8 and 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 and 1

Start with some high level stats (unless otherwise identified, represents what placing in the NFL):

O

Total - DEN 23rd / KC 24th
    Passing - DEN 12th / KC 23rd
    Rushing - DEN 28th / KC 12th

D

Total - DEN 1st / KC 17th
    Passing - DEN 1st / KC 22nd
    Rushing - DEN 5th / KC 11th
    Sacks - DEN 1st / KC 9th
    Pics - DEN 9th / KC 13th

QB Rate

Manning - 75.6
    Smith - 92.1

RBs

Hillman - 384 yds / 4.2 avg
    Anderson - 315 yds / 3.6 avg

West - 288 yds / 4.6 avg
    (Charles is still the leading rusher, but my first pick in FF is sadly out for the season)

Receivers

Thomas - 745 yds / 12.2 avg
    Sanders - 639 yds / 13.9 avg

Maclin - 566 yds / 13.5 avg
    Kelce - 538 yds / 13.5 avg

Overview

After a tough loss in Indy, The Broncos are back home playing against a sub par KC team. Prior to the season, KC looked promising, but things have not gone well, and losing Jamaal Charles was a major blow.

Again, the stats that jump out involve the disparity on respective Ds. The Broncos maintain top tier status, including #1 in total O, rushing and sacks, and a not too shabby 5th against the run. KC's O is just not up to par against such a strong D, 24th in overall O. Kelce is what I consider their top weapon, although Maclin could be a factor, and West may be one to reckon with. Never quite sure what to expect from Smith, although he has a much better QB rate than Manning.

In terms of overall O, both teams are far down the stats. Broncos have passed for more yards, and KC have run for more. If Sanders and both RBs are reasonably healthy, I give Broncos the edge in O as well.

Manning's foot injury may not be a factor. If it is, maybe we will see how Oz fares in "the bigs". Either way, I am leaving my projection intact. And though some expect more of a run game, which is a legit expectation, KC is vulnerable to the pass, ranked 22nd in pass D.

Conclusion

Based on preliminaries, I predict The Broncos will get back into the win column. I am not expecting a beat down, because KC can play tough against us. The Broncos D may be less spectacular this week, but will cause KC some grief. Containing TE Kelce is important, and pinning Smith into the pocket will minimize damage. Not sure what West will do, but he has shown signs of talent.

The Broncos O is still the question mark. Having said that, I see a home field victory for the O & B, by 7 points. I'd go higher, but not sure how injuries will impact the team.

Getting close to a divisional championship.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Start with some high level stats (unless otherwise identified, represents what placing in the NFL):

O

Total - DEN 23rd / KC 24th
    Passing - DEN 12th / KC 23rd
    Rushing - DEN 28th / KC 12th

D

Total - DEN 1st / KC 17th
    Passing - DEN 1st / KC 22nd
    Rushing - DEN 5th / KC 11th
    Sacks - DEN 1st / KC 9th
    Pics - DEN 9th / KC 13th

QB Rate

Manning - 75.6
    Smith - 92.1

RBs

Hillman - 384 yds / 4.2 avg
    Anderson - 315 yds / 3.6 avg

West - 288 yds / 4.6 avg
    (Charles is still the leading rusher, but my first pick in FF is sadly out for the season)

Receivers

Thomas - 745 yds / 12.2 avg
    Sanders - 639 yds / 13.9 avg

Maclin - 566 yds / 13.5 avg
    Kelce - 538 yds / 13.5 avg

Overview

After a tough loss in Indy, The Broncos are back home playing against a sub par KC team. Prior to the season, KC looked promising, but things have not gone well, and losing Jamaal Charles was a major blow.

Again, the stats that jump out involve the disparity on respective Ds. The Broncos maintain top tier status, including #1 in total O, rushing and sacks, and a not too shabby 5th against the run. KC's O is just not up to par against such a strong D, 24th in overall O. Kelce is what I consider their top weapon, although Maclin could be a factor, and West may be one to reckon with. Never quite sure what to expect from Smith, although he has a much better QB rate than Manning.

In terms of overall O, both teams are far down the stats. Broncos have passed for more yards, and KC have run for more. If Sanders and both RBs are reasonably healthy, I give Broncos the edge in O as well.

Manning's foot injury may not be a factor. If it is, maybe we will see how Oz fares in "the bigs". Either way, I am leaving my projection intact. And though some expect more of a run game, which is a legit expectation, KC is vulnerable to the pass, ranked 22nd in pass D.

Conclusion

Based on preliminaries, I predict The Broncos will get back into the win column. I am not expecting a beat down, because KC can play tough against us. The Broncos D may be less spectacular this week, but will cause KC some grief. Containing TE Kelce is important, and pinning Smith into the pocket will minimize damage. Not sure what West will do, but he has shown signs of talent.

The Broncos O is still the question mark. Having said that, I see a home field victory for the O & B, by 7 points. I'd go higher, but not sure how injuries will impact the team.

Getting close to a divisional championship.
    We will sweep the chiefs.

After mailing in the first half of the colts game, I think the team will be determined to show that was an aberration, nothing more.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

After mailing in the first half of the colts game, I think the team will be determined to show that was an aberration, nothing more.
      Yeah. The Broncos basically spotted the Colts 17 points for 29:53, and were still only a stupid penalty away from having a chance to drive down the field for a win in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
        Yeah. The Broncos basically spotted the Colts 17 points for 29:53, and were still only a stupid penalty away from having a chance to drive down the field for a win in the end.
        Funny thing, I really thought we were going to win that game, even late into the 2nd half. Surprisingly our amazing D was not as stellar as usual. Had they been, we win. Not saying they lost it, but it was not their best game. On another day, when our D is clicking, we pull that game out. Sure, another interception, but I have to say I was likin the way we turned things around from the Bolden return to late in the game.

Comment

The defense will be stiff as they will play focused and aggressive. The offense should be fine, but we need to have a run game so we need the o-line to open some holes or gaps. We win this one and move on even with Talib out.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
            The defense will be stiff as they will play focused and aggressive. The offense should be fine, but we need to have a run game so we need the o-line to open some holes or gaps. We win this one and move on even with Talib out.
            Other than some new injuries, this one could look similar to the Green Bay game. Not holding my breath but here's hoping!

Comment

The reason we lost to the Colts was that was the first QB all year willing to stay in the pocket and take a beating. Alex Smith is the most skittish QB in the league. Broncos will win by 10+
              sigpic

Comment

All those stats are nice, but I prefer a more tried and true old fashioned method of sticking pins in a Kansas City Cherry-Head Voodoo doll. :thumb:
                sigpic

Comment

What gives you confidence that they have the determination to prove anything?

Emotionally speaking the Broncos were primed to play a great game until the opening kick off and they played poorly. All the talk about getting revenge for the playoff loss and getting the win for Manning. That determination to beat the Colts seems misguided. Two losses in Indy and one in a home playoff game under the "win one for Manning" battle cry is not very good.

In some ways the Chiefs have emotional edge because they had the Broncos beat until they literally handed the game to the Broncos with five TOs.

I truly have no clue what to expect. I am not sure what the aberration is with this team. The one good game or the seven questionable ones? Broncos are at home. They should win this game. But I am on a weekly wait and see mode with them. Because they could play well and win by 2 TDs or they could lay another egg and be beat by 2 TDs.

Comment

hopefully the D will bounce back esp stop the dumb PF penalties n defend the bunch wr set better indy hurt us w/ that few times...also stay in our rush lanes keep smith in the pocket

offense no turnovers n if we run the ball well we should be fine if not it'll be another close one...

Comment

why are we worried about the defense bouncing back...we need to worry about the offense
                      the first half drives of the colts games was

3 play...punt
                      4 plays...punt
                      9 plays...punt
                      4 plays...int...resulting in 7 points
                      6 plays...punt
                      3 plays...punt

had just one of those drives resulted in a td, had another resulted in a long drive with a fg

its a entirely different ball game going into the second half
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

This game is going to be a lot harder than people think:

Ware is hurt, Talib is suspended, Manning could be limited from an injury, Sanders is still nursing an injury as is Hillman,

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          The reason we lost to the Colts was that was the first QB all year willing to stay in the pocket and take a beating. Alex Smith is the most skittish QB in the league. Broncos will win by 10+
                          We'll see, the guy runs like a deer. The reason we lost is because we got guys saying things like "We're the real no fly zone" and "I don't listen to what you guys say."

How about a little humility for getting to that record in spite of sketchy play all year and a lot of luck. It seem like no matter who our personnel group is or who's coaching, this team has trouble staying focused. Wouldn't hurt if DT occasionally fought for the ball a little (or a lot) harder sometimes. Talib and Ward kept us in that game along with the amazing run back. Sanders was on another planet, the lost planet...
                          [sigpic

Comment

First of all, people are saying that the Broncos spotted the Colts 17 points or that the Defensive penalties were the reason we lost, what about the non-effective offense in the first half? That has nothing to do with the Defense! If anything, it was the offense's fault that the defense let 17 points get scored because the offense was kept doing 3 and out and the defense was back on the field. It wasn't until the offense started scoring did the defense start holding back the Colt's offense.

So that being said, we barely beat the Chiefs a month ago, and that is with the same "skittish" QB that will be playing this weekend, and we don't have two of our best defensive players but we have the same lame offensive players. One more difference is that now the Broncos D doesn't look so tough to the opponents if a mediocre team can beat this defense. This defense has to play their absolute best AND get lucky to win. That requires a lot of discipline and when it comes down to that, I am a lot less sure that this team can beat anyone after what I saw last week.

I think the Patriots and Bengals are sleeping a lot better now they saw a very beatable defense. Just jump out ahead fast and our defense comes unraveled. Before you count wins, I think a little brake pumping needs to be done! Obvious, the Colts rise up every time they play against Peyton because it seems like records just don't factor in. I think there are a lot of teams that are in the same category as the Colts. I would say Chiefs and Raiders played us tough this year and almost won and will be a little more prepared after seeing when the Colts did. Even if we beat the Chiefs, I am feeling it will probably be yet another close game unless our offense shows up.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Not sure if it was mailing it in OR new OC we have never seen before. Add in Luck had a great 4th qtr against Carolina so he got his confidence back.

Then there was an implosion on D in the last qtr. Take some of those dumb penalties out and the game would have been much closer.

This week we have to sack and contain smith keep Kelce calm and we should have a really good chance.

Let's hope they focus on this week and not the next couple of games.

Comment

Working...
                              X