Congrats DT, should be a very special game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats DT, should be a very special game

If my memory serves me correctly DT's Mom should have been released on 11-9. I believe that means this will be the first game she gets to attend and see her sone play in the orange and blue and vice versa. I'm sure it will be a very special game for both of them and after all that DT has been through to get where he is. I am very happy for him. Congrats DT
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

But upon her release Monday night, Thomas learned Smith would not be allowed to travel for 60 days, per the conditions of her probation. Although Smith will not be in attendance for Sunday's game, Thomas holds out hope she will be allowed to watch from the stands of Sports Authority Field before the season ends.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...y-house-travel

Sounds like she won't be able to watch him in person for another 60 days or so. In any case, happy for him!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangestJuice View Post
      http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...y-house-travel

Sounds like she won't be able to watch him in person for another 60 days or so. In any case, happy for him!
      Obviously I didn't realize thatOh well, I'm sure it will still be special for them.

Thanks for info though cps
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I am happy for DT but I sure hope he doesn't let this become too much of a distraction.

He REALLY needs to get his head into these games and quit dropping so many easy passes. He really needs to work on some of his techniques for using his size for blocking out DB's and being more physical with coverage.

He could be so much better than what we have seen. Time for him to MAN UP and use his size to his advantage.
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
          I am happy for DT but I sure hope he doesn't let this become too much of a distraction.

He REALLY needs to get his head into these games and quit dropping so many easy passes. He really needs to work on some of his techniques for using his size for blocking out DB's and being more physical with coverage.

He could be so much better than what we have seen. Time for him to MAN UP and use his size to his advantage.
          Eh. His drops aren't that bad. Plenty drop more or a higher %. He's been a top 5 guy for 4 years now, if he ends up "so much better" than that then he'd be playing like the best WR of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            Eh. His drops aren't that bad. Plenty drop more or a higher %. He's been a top 5 guy for 4 years now, if he ends up "so much better" than that then he'd be playing like the best WR of all time!
            Maybe I should have been more specific and you may be right about the amount of drops compared to others but the ones he drops are usually drive enders. He needs to quit dropping the passes that are on 3rd down and would have been firsts downs had he actually caught them.

Those are the specific ones I am talking about.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's too much to ask for one of the highest paid players in the NFL to stop dropping passes on 3rd down and learn how to block out a CB once in awhile...
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                I don't think it's too much to ask for one of the highest paid players in the NFL to stop dropping passes on 3rd down and learn how to block out a CB once in awhile...
                Don't be absurd Cory... That's what all big time $ WR's do...
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  I agree! Which is why I'm glad he consistently blocks out CBs, otherwise Manning would have a ton more INTs.

Comment

I agree! Which is why I'm glad he consistently blocks out CBs, otherwise Manning would have a ton more INTs.
                    Awesome spin job you've done here. You've managed to turn posters criticizing your guy DT into making it Manning's fault. Brilliant! :clap:
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Awesome spin job you've done here. You've managed to turn posters criticizing your guy DT into making it Manning's fault. Brilliant! :clap:
                      Not really a spin, just a point many have noted and something that would hold true for any QB on any team. Less box outs and tough catches = more INTs. DT practically boxed out the entire Chiefs' defense last time we played, hope he does it again today.

Comment

Not really a spin, just a point many have noted and something that would hold true for any QB on any team. Less box outs and tough catches = more INTs. DT practically boxed out the entire Chiefs' defense last time we played, hope he does it again today.
                        I think you are over exaggerating how well DT uses his size. He is the wimpiest big guy WR I have seen trying to fight off these smaller DB's.

If you have ever watched Dez he knows how to go after the ball. Dez knows how to use his size to go after the football and put the smaller DB's in their place.
                        sigpic

Comment

Who are those "many that have noted?"

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                          I think you are over exaggerating how well DT uses his size. He is the wimpiest big guy WR I have seen trying to fight off these smaller DB's.

If you have ever watched Dez he knows how to go after the ball. Dez knows how to use his size to go after the football and put the smaller DB's in their place.
                          I agree with you here. As much as I love DT, he does frustrate me when I feel he doesn't fight harder or use his size. And yes Papa, he was spectacular in the KC and I do believe had it not been for him we don't win that game as he was instrumental in the final drive. But on the other hand, there are so many times where I feel he gives up on plays as well.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I have noted both that DT played physical against KC AND That he doesn't play that way nearly often enough.

Comment

Working...
                            X