Toughest Game Left In Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest Game Left In Regular Season

We have a reasonably good schedule ahead, given who we are playing and where. Lets see:

At San Diego - Struggling team home or away
    Oakland - A team with a future, but in our house
    At Pittsburgh - Talented team, and in their park
    Cinci - On paper, the toughest game left
    San Diego - We should be highly favoured, at home

I never take any game lightly. And lets face it, we need more game time for Brock. He is just settling in, and will no doubt make a mistake here or there. But on this list, the game that worries me the most is in Pittsburgh. Right from the get go, they looked like a favourite this season, but injuries have derailed them a number of times and their pass D is suspect. But still, look at the talent, even without Bell! As long as Big Ben is healthy, we are in for a difficult game. If it was this weekend, and Ben was starting, I doubt we'd be favoured. Too early in terms of Brock's situation. And lets be real, they still have Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Williams and old reliable Miller. Not sure about their D, and that is an area we may be able to exploit.

If we win that game, we still come home to a serious competitor, a team that is in a tight race with our boys for top or second seed. But for me, this is a game we win. They are solid on both sides of the ball, but I feel we can contain Dalton. Lock down Green with our top back, and then it comes down to controlling their RBs. Hill does not impress me, but Bernard is dangerous. Not an easy match, but I like us at home.

Again, never count out the other 3 games, but we should win them all based on who we have and where we play.

I'd love 14 and 2, but 13 and 3 would be an excellent regular season outcome given what we've been through.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-03-2015, 10:36 AM.

Cinci looks like the more complete team to me. I'd put it as #1 Cinci and #2 PITT. Any Given Sunday, though.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      Cinci looks like the more complete team to me. I'd put it as #1 Cinci and #2 PITT. Any Given Sunday, though.
      For me the differentiator is game location between the two. You may be right however.

Comment

I think it's Pittsburgh, since it's away. Their offense scares me more. They have 3 legitimate threats in Brown, Bryant and Williams. Roethlisberger is still a good qb and can air it out any time.

Cinci's offense is good but I think we match up better with them, and we're at home.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Cinci...Period.

It also at this point of the season will determine the #2 or #1 seed.

Comment

Housh is right. Cincy is probably the more important game, but Pittsburgh will be more difficult. We have not faced a team with so many offensive weapons. Cincy is more of a known quantity.

Comment

It's a toss up between Cinci and the Steelers. A lot can happen between now and then and then there is also the Raiders. You can't ignore they are playing so much better. They protect their QB like no other team and they played us tough already. They might be the wild card in the bunch but they are fighting for the playoffs too. And then there is the whole Del Rio / Elway thing. It's personal.

Comment

I've picked @Pittsburgh as the highest chance for a probable loss. I was impressed with how well they played @SEA against a tough defense this past weekend.

Not sold on the Bungals. Marvin Lewis fields a strong team but never strong enough to matter, and they've ruined my picks enough that I'm not putting stock in them, now nor in the playoffs.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Easily, Cincy followed by Pittsburgh.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cincinnati may be the deepest 1 thru 53 in the league. I say this every year but I feel like they are different this year, like they'll win a playoff game this year lol. But Housh is right about playing in Pittsburgh and the Cincinnati game being at home. I'll put both games tied for #1.

Comment

i get to be the cinicin game should be fun
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Pittsburg if they are healthy. I'm not sure why but man they can be scary good when healthy. Most might say Cin but I think we can match up well against them but PIT to me in their house plus they will be fighting for their playoff lives.
                        :go:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          We have a reasonably good schedule ahead, given who we are playing and where. Lets see:

At San Diego - Struggling team home or away
                          Oakland - A team with a future, but in our house
                          At Pittsburgh - Talented team, and in their park
                          Cinci - On paper, the toughest game left
                          San Diego - We should be highly favoured, at home

I never take any game lightly. And lets face it, we need more game time for Brock. He is just settling in, and will no doubt make a mistake here or there. But on this list, the game that worries me the most is in Pittsburgh. Right from the get go, they looked like a favourite this season, but injuries have derailed them a number of times and their pass D is suspect. But still, look at the talent, even without Bell! As long as Big Ben is healthy, we are in for a difficult game. If it was this weekend, and Ben was starting, I doubt we'd be favoured. Too early in terms of Brock's situation. And lets be real, they still have Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Williams and old reliable Miller. Not sure about their D, and that is an area we may be able to exploit.

If we win that game, we still come home to a serious competitor, a team that is in a tight race with our boys for top or second seed. But for me, this is a game we win. They are solid on both sides of the ball, but I feel we can contain Dalton. Lock down Green with our top back, and then it comes down to controlling their RBs. Hill does not impress me, but Bernard is dangerous. Not an easy match, but I like us at home.

Again, never count out the other 3 games, but we should win them all based on who we have and where we play.

I'd love 14 and 2, but 13 and 3 would be an excellent regular season outcome given what we've been through.
                          I would put them, in order..

Cincy
                          Pitt
                          @chargers
                          sigpic

Comment

I feel like we're going to handle Pitts. Their Oline is decent at best and I see Ben extending plays but being chased down all game and getting frustrated. They'll hit some big plays but I think we'll hold them to under 20 for sure. Probably win 31-17. IIRC the Rams defense did very well against them even before Ben went down. We're a different animal on defense with a better offense too and Pitts D is only so-so.

Cincy scares me because they're great in all areas and we'll both be fighting for the two top seeds. It's a very real possibility that the winner of that game gets a first round bye and the other doesn't. They're capable of winning via offense, defense or both. Stout D, explosive offense with a lot of moving parts to handle. They're still suspect in big games but they play a style of ball that can absolutely give us trouble.

Comment

They are all going to be tough but I think the one with the most significance is going to be the game against Cincinnati. I believe New England will lose at least one more game and if Denver could beat Cincinnati and win out in this becomes the most important game of the season because we have one all of our games up to this point as we are fighting for home-field advantage. The road to Santa Clara will come through Denver.

Comment

Working...
                              X