Mike Shanahan back as OC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Shanahan back as OC?

Would we do ever do it? Better question would he? I just think with him as OC and Wade as OC would and of course Kubes as HC we would have the best coaching staff in the league for a while. Neither Wade or Shanny really want to coach again. If not what about at least as an offensive consultant.

Zero chance Shanny would do that.

Comment

During his most recent interview on 104.3 The Fan, he gave a not-so-subtle hint that he'd be willing to join Denver as a consultant.

Here's the link:

http://www.1043thefan.com/2015/11/04...han-the-drive/
      sigpic

Comment

I'm curious about something,how come the Broncos never asked Mark Schlereth or bring back Alex Gibbs(I know,he was here in 2013) to become the offensive line consultant
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I thought he would work well as a consultant but slowly but surely he would want to have more of a say-so and things will get heated.

Comment

I couldn't see Shanny ever accepting anything less than a head coaching job.

Comment

Shanny should be hired as a consultant to:

Script the first 15 offensive plays of a game.

Draft a running back in the 6th round.

Game plan against Bellichick.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                During his most recent interview on 104.3 The Fan, he gave a not-so-subtle hint that he'd be willing to join Denver as a consultant.

Here's the link:

http://www.1043thefan.com/2015/11/04...han-the-drive/
                That's interesting, he'd be working under a QB he coached and clashed with as well as a HC that he ultimately groomed. This time off must have humbled him.

Honestly he's a brilliant play caller, just not a great executive. He kind of lucked up and came into a super bowl caliber team and won 2 in a row. After that it was really all downhill but his brilliance as a play caller kept our team in the playoffs the majority of the years.

I would love to have him back in some capacity. One of the best offensive minds of his generation imo

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                  Shanny should be hired as a consultant to:

Script the first 15 offensive plays of a game.

Draft a running back in the 6th round.

Game plan against Bellichick.
                  This.

And additionally, we need someone who can have some instant, from the booth, suggestions for Kubiak when "time management" is an issue. That's been a HUGE fail for us, recently.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                    I'm curious about something,how come the Broncos never asked Mark Schlereth or bring back Alex Gibbs(I know,he was here in 2013) to become the offensive line consultant
                    why would Schlereth be interested in that?

I find it funny that so many people keep throwing out ex-player names to bring in as coaches/consultants as if they would jump at the chance to drop their regular jobs to work long hours for the Broncos.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes! Hire Shanny as an OC or consultant. I think he could put together a great plan and truly I am not super confident in Kubiak's game planning - the end of the NE game has made me less confident. It might free Kubiak up to just manage everyone else, although I don't know if he would want to give up control of the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                        Yes! Hire Shanny as an OC or consultant. I think he could put together a great plan and truly I am not super confident in Kubiak's game planning - the end of the NE game has made me less confident. It might free Kubiak up to just manage everyone else, although I don't know if he would want to give up control of the offense.
                        Me too. Very disappointed in some of the playcalling. Didn't understand some of it at all.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I listened to his interview on the fan and he really did sound like he'd be open to becoming a consultant for us. And ya know what? I think that'd be awesome!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                            What has been questionable about the play calling with Os?
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

This is the same coach who wanted Elway away from the team because Shanny wanted to prove he didn't need Elway to win? Nah, don't want him.

I love Shanny and what he gave our team but that times past, for the team and for him.
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                              X