Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the media focus on Rodgers' shoddy play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One is an MVP candidate, the other is the league's worst QB and is also a back up.

Talk about him struggling since we played him? He's had 13 TDs to 3 INTs in those 5 games.. Peyton didn't even have 13 TDs all year lol. Peyton's had several games with as many INTs as Right her had in the last month.

There's really no comparing the two. Why isn't the media focus in on Rodgers instead of Manning? Because manning is currently a terrible QB who just lost his job, while Rodgers is a top 3 QB in the middle of the MVP race. That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
      thats something I have always wondered about. In denver the stands are full of denver fans and a few visiting fans here and there. Football has just recently become popular over there and you guys just get random teams.

isnt it fans of all teams that show up to those games? kinda strange....I guess the superbowl is the other game that feels kinda similar in that way.
      Yeah, the Wembley games are 84,000 sell-outs and you will see fans wearing jerseys of all 32 NFL teams, a sprinkling of college jerseys, and even some old NFL Europe ones. I still own a Scottish Claymores baseball cap! My wife and I are a fair example of the Wembley crowd. This season we went down to London for the Jets v Dolphins and Chiefs v Lions games. We wore our Broncos jerseys, as we have done at Wembley every year since 2010 when we went to our game v SF49ers.

The atmosphere at Wembley is not anything like the game we were just at in Mile High v New England. It cannot (and doesn't try to) match the atmosphere created by an overwhelming hometown crowd cheering for their home team.

Amongst British NFL fans on the NFL UK fan forum, the term '32 Jerseys' has come to represent Wembley games in one simple phrase. There is a good, party atmosphere with no trouble. We all support our team, but enjoy the whole weekend that goes on around the game.

I would liken it to something like this. If you are an American living in Denver, and like English Premier League soccer. You may support, let's say Manchester United. If the Premier League brought regular season, meaningful English soccer to Mile High, and the matchup was Liverpool v Arsenal... even though it doesn't involve Manchester United, it's still the real deal - and you would go along to support the event and have an enjoyable day out.

I have just bought my tickets online for 2016s Jacksonville v Indianapolis game at Wembley. Really looking forward to it already, and to meet up with, share beers with, and talk NFL with, fellow fans - no matter what jersey we are wearing!
      Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
        thats something I have always wondered about. In denver the stands are full of denver fans and a few visiting fans here and there. Football has just recently become popular over there and you guys just get random teams.

isnt it fans of all teams that show up to those games? kinda strange....I guess the superbowl is the other game that feels kinda similar in that way.
        Actually the NFL has - for the most part sent mainly the same teams to the UK with the exception of one or two new ones each year. IMO- this is an attempt to not repeat the SNAFU of missing the Canadian market as they did. Now Canadians have all chosen their own team and any hope the NFL would have had coming here would be a stretch at best. By controlling who goes over to the UK they can try to control who people support and see up close. They can then try to create a large market and then maybe if it goes really well get a team or two across the pond to really tap into the EU market.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          Actually the NFL has - for the most part sent mainly the same teams to the UK with the exception of one or two new ones each year. IMO- this is an attempt to not repeat the SNAFU of missing the Canadian market as they did. Now Canadians have all chosen their own team and any hope the NFL would have had coming here would be a stretch at best. By controlling who goes over to the UK they can try to control who people support and see up close. They can then try to create a large market and then maybe if it goes really well get a team or two across the pond to really tap into the EU market.
          Would disagree that they for the most part send the same teams. The International Series started in 2007, and, depending on the final placings to determine the Rams 2016 Wembley opponent, 24 or 25 of the 32 teams will have appeared at Wembley by the end of next season.

The issue isn't the amount of different teams who appear in London, the issue is that certain teams are unwilling to give up a home game to London - and I don't blame them. The Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos, Packers & Seahawks... Cannot see any of them being a London home team - but for one thing. I believe that the NFL have stipulated that starting next year, any city bidding to host a Superbowl needs their team to give up a home game to the International Series in London.

It's a whole new debate about the 'big' teams giving up a home game voluntarily, as opposed to many of the teams who have already given up home games to London, teams who have / have had stadium issues in the USA. St Louis maybe eyeing up a move to Los Angeles, or the Vikings temporarily playing at a college stadium being two examples.

Kansas City voluntarily giving up an Arrowhead home game this year to play the Lions in London was an interesting one. No known stadium 'issues', no ongoing 'new stadium development issues' with the city they play in, and a big home field advantage at a noisy Arrowhead.

I appreciate Kansas City dong it and coming over here, one of the rare examples where a team seemingly completely happy in their own stadium / city voluntarily gave up a home game to play in London.
          Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Working...
          X