Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Straight Quality Regular Season....Thanks Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Straight Quality Regular Season....Thanks Broncos!!

I have portrayed this another way, in another older thread. Basically, when you count all games (playoffs inclusive), I believe we are in a dead heat with The Pats since 2011. I know, no ring to show for it. But that's another story.

This time I just like to reflect how good we have fared over the last 4 seasons, and thanks largely to Mr. Bowlen, Elway and company.

2012 - 13 and 3
    2013 - 13 and 3
    2014 - 12 and 4
    2015 - 9 and 2 (trending towards 13 and 3 or 12 and 4 at worst)

Lets try not to turn this around by complaining about our shortcomings in the playoffs, for we have been to the SB, and that is a good sign. Sure I know, some of the losses have been very disappointing.

But just for a moment, try to appreciate how good our team has been overall, compared to the entire league, over the last 4 years. I mean 47 and 12 is fantastic! And even if some will call it an easy division, that's definitely been the case for The Pats. You still have to win those games and you still have to win against those other 10 teams.

And if I can make one more positive comment, other than we will be in the playoffs......until the season ends, there is little to make me believe we can not go the distance. How would that cap off 4 very productive, consecutive years? I think it would ease all those post season disappointments.:thumb:

Oh and, sure beats various groups of years in our history!
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-04-2015, 01:16 PM.

I'd throw 2011 in there as well. Our season was brought back from the dead and we beat a team that was heavily favored against us in the playoffs. It turned out to be one heck of an exciting season.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      I'd throw 2011 in there as well. Our season was brought back from the dead and we beat a team that was heavily favored against us in the playoffs. It turned out to be one heck of an exciting season.
      I did not include because we were 8 and 8 that season, and a little fortunate to make the playoffs. But, The win over Pittsburgh was very exciting.

Comment

It is a good run. Let's hope it continues for a while! I see no reason it shouldn't.
        sigpic

Comment

Despite some gut wrenching moments and drama along the way we've been very fortunate especially when compared to other teams. It has been competitive and exciting.
          Here's to a great franchise!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I have portrayed this another way, in another older thread. Basically, when you count all games (playoffs inclusive), I believe we are in a dead heat with The Pats since 2011. I know, no ring to show for it. But that's another story.

This time I just like to reflect how good we have fared over the last 4 seasons, and thanks largely to Mr. Bowlen, Elway and company.

2012 - 13 and 3
            2013 - 13 and 3
            2014 - 12 and 4

Lets try not to turn this around by complaining about our shortcomings in the playoffs, for we have been to the SB, and that is a good sign. Sure I know, some of the losses have been very disappointing.

But just for a moment, try to appreciate how good our team has been overall, compared to the entire league, over the last 4 years. I mean 47 and 12 is fantastic! And even if some will call it an easy division, that's definitely been the case for The Pats. You still have to win those games and you still have to win against those other 10 teams.

And if I can make one more positive comment, other than we will be in the playoffs......until the season ends, there is little to make me believe we can not go the distance. How would that cap off 4 very productive, consecutive years? I think it would ease all those post season disappointments.:thumb:

Can...can....come on, you know positivity doesnt play well here...

I totally agree, its been a fantastic few years...and we have Elway to thank for that.
            sigpic

Comment

I did not include because we were 8 and 8 that season, and a little fortunate to make the playoffs. But, The win over Pittsburgh was very exciting.
              Even though the regular season record was 8-8, I include 2011 because of all the last minute heroics, impossible finishes, the 1st of our consecutive string of AFCWest division crowns, Elway running the front office, and incredible playoff win...I still remember screaming like a maniac when Tebow hit DT to finish that Steeler game...one of my fave Bronco memories
              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Obviously, nothing compares to the 1996-1998 run (39-9 with 2 SB victories)... That is 1 game better than current 3 year run... But also brought home more hardware...

There's also the 1986-1991 run (3 SB and 4 Conf titles), which even had decent seasons sprinkled around the bookends... Went to playoffs in 1984 and missed it in 1985 (with 11-5 record)...

For me, after the lowest point ever for being a DEN fan... After the Orthole and Mcdufus fiasco... Going from the high of beating Brady in 2005 to losing to Pit... Plummer replaced by Cutler, Shanny and his CLE DL fixation and draft bonners (clarrett, WR misses, and moss)... Going from missing out on Ngata, Ed Reed and Earl Thomas in the draft... After going 6-0 with Josh pumping his fist down the sidelines beating his mentor in NE... DEN finished 2-8 that season, then went 4-12, and then started next year at 2-7...

So, again, after that low of instability and humiliation (tapped a walk thru in London, bc NE instill cheating in the marrow of its coaches bones)... After that NFL worst (basically 2 season long slump) of 8-27... RIP DW!

Starting from that time we turned to Tebow and finished 6-1 with a playoff walk off moment... Then the Manning move... Starting Year-1 of Elway management era... 6-1, 38-10, 9-2... In essence, DEN has gone 53-13 with a SB appearance and a 3-4 post season record... But we beat Brady, again, at home in AFCCG! And who knows what might have been had R-Moore not allow the Holy Flacco (which was probably cosmic comeuppance for the Tebow-dT jubilation)...

And, unlike the other 2 "runs" DEN had... The team appears poised to be better moving fwd!!!
                Last edited by fraguela09; 12-04-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

2012 - 13 and 3
                  2013 - 13 and 3
                  2014 - 12 and 4

Yes we have had 4 straight Great seasons....BUT DAMIT LETS WIN ONE FOR MR. B
                  sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                  Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                  PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Yeah.

plus more characters.

Comment

Pro line jerseys vs. Nike jerseys

I'm a die-hard Broncos fan. I stopped buying jerseys because Nike took over the licensing for the NFL. I can't stand Nike and refuse to wear any of their products. I was on the NFL team shop and they have proline jerseys for $99. I know there not the game day jerseys, but how is the quality?

Comment

Originally posted by kev5ifty6 View Post
                        I'm a die-hard Broncos fan. I stopped buying jerseys because Nike took over the licensing for the NFL. I can't stand Nike and refuse to wear any of their products. I was on the NFL team shop and they have proline jerseys for $99. I know there not the game day jerseys, but how is the quality?
                        Why do you hate Nike?

Comment

Originally posted by kev5ifty6 View Post
                          I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zbroncosfan1993 View Post
                            Why do you hate Nike?
                            When I used to wear Nike, I bought a pair of basketball shoes. The first time I played ball in them, one of the soles feel off. Haven't wore a Nike product since.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                              I like them.
                              The Nike or proline?

Comment

Working...
                              X