Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Cap to increase

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    NFL told team execs at this week’s owners meetings that 2016 salary cap projects between $150-$153.4 million, per sources. Cap now $143.28M.
    2:02 PM - 4 Dec 2015
    We have a lot of free agents to sign in the off-season, like Brock and Miller, and questions looming on high dollar players like Manning, Clady, and Ware.

If Schefter is right we should have approximately $7 to $10 million in some wiggle room.

I think our attention should be seriously fixed on the OL, especially if Wade Phillips stays.

Either way, more cap space could give us a lot to work with.

If Brock resigns it be during the FA period he going to test the market. This season shows how important is a solid qb whatever if he is qb1 or qb2.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      We have a lot of free agents to sign in the off-season, like Brock and Miller, and questions looming on high dollar players like Manning, Clady, and Ware.

If Schefter is right we should have approximately $7 to $10 million in some wiggle room.

I think our attention should be seriously fixed on the OL, especially if Wade Phillips stays.

Either way, more cap space could give us a lot to work with.
      Clady and Ware might get a chance to sign for less or they are gone Manning is gone
      Originally posted by baphamet
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

What would be the Franchise Tag price for a. Brockweiler, and b. Von Miller?

I'm assuming that Brock's "QB Tag" price would be way too high to consider. But with continued success, the cost of signing Brock might put us in just as bad a position as we are with Manning's Contract. And we won't have a large body of work with which to make that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
          If Brock resigns it be during the FA period he going to test the market. This season shows how important is a solid qb whatever if he is qb1 or qb2.
          Definitely. Must have a QB to win games in the league. I hope he wants to stay.

Comment

With what we pay Manning and Clady, we could retain Wolfe, MJ, Trevathan, and Von. Elway better be at his negotiation finest come offseason
            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Thanks Rastic!

NFL caps are going to keep on going up each year. NFL is making a ton of money and they have no excuse but to raise the caps.

I expect Manning and Clady won't be on the roster next year.

Manning's contract next year has a cap figure of 21.5 million. Releasing him will incur a 2.5 million dead money hit towards the cap.
              Clady's has two more years on his contract. Releasing him will incur a 1.2 milloin dead money hit towards the cap.

Keeping OZ is not going to be cheap. I won't be suprised if its over 14-15 million/year.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                With what we pay Manning and Clady, we could retain Wolfe, MJ, Trevathan, and Von. Elway better be at his negotiation finest come offseason
                We may be in the process of signing all those guys right now.
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                  Thanks Rastic!

NFL caps are going to keep on going up each year. NFL is making a ton of money and they have no excuse but to raise the caps.

I expect Manning and Clady won't be on the roster next year.

Manning's contract next year has a cap figure of 21.5 million. Releasing him will incur a 2.5 million dead money hit towards the cap.
                  Clady's has two more years on his contract. Releasing him will incur a 1.2 milloin dead money hit towards the cap.

Keeping OZ is not going to be cheap. I won't be suprised if its over 14-15 million/year.
                  3.7 milliun is change for what we would take keeping them..SDeriously Clady owes us Money and should take a cut.he has failed to live up to the moeny he is paid

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                    What would be the Franchise Tag price for a. Brockweiler, and b. Von Miller?

I'm assuming that Brock's "QB Tag" price would be way too high to consider. But with continued success, the cost of signing Brock might put us in just as bad a position as we are with Manning's Contract. And we won't have a large body of work with which to make that decision.
                    $20M range, I think
                    sigpic

Comment

Manning will be gone 100 percent

Comment

Elway's a smart guy. Plan A: Brock, MJ, Wolfe, Von, Trev. Plan B: Clady, Manning, and franchise Von. We're going with Plan A.

The upside of Manning's injury is we get to see more of Brock than we were expecting before a tender has to be made. The downside is his value is skyrocketing with each good performance. That said, what are the alternatives to Brock? Unless the Patriots cut Tom Brady or the Colts somehow feel unLucky, there's no alternative. Elway certainly understands how important QB's are.

Clady I can see back if he takes a drastic cut, but otherwise not. Manning's done (here at least). Von is an extraordinary generational talent. He may be having a quiet year, but his presence is what's enabled Ware and his understudies to thrive this year. You need 2 dangerous edge rushers, not 1. Ware - depends on health and other FA's, but I can see him back.

Comment

I don't expect a long term deal with Os, neither would be friendly at this stage. There is not enough of game time play to really evaluate him for the Broncos and for Os, he shouldn't want to get stuck in a long term contract based on a small performance sample - if he goes all out, his stock could go sky high.

Is Brock a FA or a UFA after this season?

Manning, barring some miraculous turn of events, I don't think he's back.

Clady, I could see a possibility of return if he was open to a pay cut. The idea of him going to the interior as a guard might be a possibility as well.

Miller, Trev, Wolfe, I think each of those guys deserve an offer. Regardless of Miller's stats, he's been very disruptive and productive. He'll either get tagged or we'll re-sign him long term.

Ware, ware, or ware to begin - if he took a cut, maybe. Health is an issue but you can't ignore when he is healthy, in Wade's system, Ware is a beast. I'm on the fence with him.

I think we'll actually be looking pretty good this year with salary's, considering Manning will probably be off the books next year.

Comment

Ware is scheduled to have a cap hit of 11.66M next year, if cut we will have 1.66M in dead money. There is no way the Broncos keep Ware at 11.66M on the cap, the only way he stays with the Broncos is if he takes a huge pay cut - at least 50% - I don't expect him to do that, he will be 34 years old and has injury issues that has kept him out 5? games now this season. His cap # this season is 8.66M - he is likely playing his last season, at least for the Broncos.
                            sigpic

Comment

The increase in DT's and Chris Harris' cap hits are around 7M, the increase will cover that, that's about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X