Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Win the right way"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Win the right way"

    Coach Kubiak has been saying this in his recent post game victory speeches. Is it a sneak shot at Manning's star wars offense (a fellow poster made a mention of this) which historically hasn't been strong in the running department ? We know that's Kubiaks identity : strong running game and defense.

    Any ideas what he means by it??

  • #2
    Typical post game speech that means nothing. Professional coaches don't bother to take petty shots at players or put out cryptic messages. Honestly they give post game speeches because they are required to.

    Comment


    • #3
      I would assume he means complimentary football. Not relying on only one phase of the team but outplaying the opposition in all three phases.
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cookenbauer View Post
        Typical post game speech that means nothing. Professional coaches don't bother to take petty shots at players or put out cryptic messages. Honestly they give post game speeches because they are required to.
        Maybe not at players but the philosophies of a player. You don't think coaches have egos?

        Look at what chip Kelly did to the Philadelphia roster because of his ego.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't think Kubiak wants Peyton to come back. I think it means something. Kubiak is happy to be free of Peyton's offense. But in press conferences Kubiak is muzzled and has been told to sugar coat and do some smoothing over with PR.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by listopencil View Post
            I would assume he means complimentary football. Not relying on only one phase of the team but outplaying the opposition in all three phases.
            That sounds reasonable. I believe the message behind it is that they need a manager at QB, not a hero. But that's just my conspiracy theorist ways.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
              Maybe not at players but the philosophies of a player. You don't think coaches have egos?

              Look at what chip Kelly did to the Philadelphia roster because of his ego.
              Coaches don't take shots at their own players in the masked guise of a clever or hidden message during their press conferences. That's completely unprofessional and beneath them. I don't know of a single head coach that would do that.

              Some old senile owner like jones or irsay? Sure. Head coach? No

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                I would assume he means complimentary football. Not relying on only one phase of the team but outplaying the opposition in all three phases.
                I completely agree with this. You win on offense by controlling the clock with by moving the ball on the ground all while giving your defense a chance to rest.

                The Star Wars offense is a lot of fun to watch but how many teams have won the superbowl with it? The 99 Rams who lost the superbowl the very next year to New Eng-laugh, no other team comes to mind.

                As I said it is fun to watch but you cant keep putting your defense on the field that way and expect them to stay fresh and shut down the opponents and I think we've all seen this first hand when Shanny would run up the score fast and our D tired would allow opponents back into the game and sometimes beat us.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Do you think he really has an ulterior motive on a spur of the moment speech? I don't believe so. I just believe Kubiak has always been a coach that wants balance. He got that today for the most part.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Broncos D did not get those 15 yard stupid penalties this week. Not shooting yourself in the foot is half the battle that he is referring to, IMO. Not turning it over on offense, not making stupid mistakes on defense could be what he is referring to.

                    If Peyton is not around, what are some of you going to do? I'm sure you'll find some other conspiracy theory, lol 😊

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I believe that winning the right way means that defense keeps the other team from scoring, we don't turn over the ball, we get ahead and run the ball the rest of the game to chew up the time left in the game. That is pretty much what we did today. It seemed like the whole 3rd & 4th quarter was about the running game to finish this game and get on the plane.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                        I completely agree with this. You win on offense by controlling the clock with by moving the ball on the ground all while giving your defense a chance to rest.

                        The Star Wars offense is a lot of fun to watch but how many teams have won the superbowl with it? The 99 Rams who lost the superbowl the very next year to New Eng-laugh, no other team comes to mind.

                        As I said it is fun to watch but you cant keep putting your defense on the field that way and expect them to stay fresh and shut down the opponents and I think we've all seen this first hand when Shanny would run up the score fast and our D tired would allow opponents back into the game and sometimes beat us.
                        I still agree that for he most part, you need to be a well balanced team come playoff time. That's not groundbreaking. But I honestly feel like too many people do not acknowledge that the game is completely different and that passing is not only more prevalent, it is the better option as defenses continue to get hamstrung for terrible rules. Mediocre qbs regularly put up 300 yards now. To argue that you need to be a dominant run team that dominated TOP isn't realistic. Sure, you can have some big running games...but points used to be a real premium. Points are much easier to come by now. Even if you dominate the game and run the clock...teams can get back in it with a no huddle offense at any point. Personal foul here. Illegal contact there. Roughing the passer, etc.

                        Teams in recent history that have won Super Bowls have had top quarterbacks. That is not a coincidence.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                          Coach Kubiak has been saying this in his recent post game victory speeches. Is it a sneak shot at Manning's star wars offense (a fellow poster made a mention of this) which historically hasn't been strong in the running department ? We know that's Kubiaks identity : strong running game and defense.

                          Any ideas what he means by it??
                          Oh please. This is ridiculous. Come on, this was not meant to take a shot at Manning's star war offense.

                          Actually, if we expect to beat teams like CIN and PIT we better start generating some star war offense because there is no way in hell we are going to beat those teams putting up 17 points a game, I'll tell you that much.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Oh please. This is ridiculous. Come on, this was not meant to take a shot at Manning's star war offense.

                            Actually, if we expect to beat teams like CIN and PIT we better start generating some star war offense because there is no way in hell we are going to beat those teams putting up 17 points a game, I'll tell you that much.
                            Ugh, the most overused comment on this forum, "we can't beat *insert team name* playing like this". First it was "we can't beat the Packers" then it was "we can't beat The Patriots" now it's Cin and Pitt. This forum really needs some new arguments.

                            ....end rant

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Oh please. This is ridiculous. Come on, this was not meant to take a shot at Manning's star war offense.

                              Actually, if we expect to beat teams like CIN and PIT we better start generating some star war offense because there is no way in hell we are going to beat those teams putting up 17 points a game, I'll tell you that much.
                              We've been keeping prolific offenses in check all season, why would that change with Cin and Pit? Not saying we're going to crush them, they'll be tough games, but these teams haven't faced our defense yet, we take care of the ball we'll be fine.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X