As of RIGHT NOW,playoff seeding chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of RIGHT NOW,playoff seeding chances

Remember, this is as of Week 13. So it could easily change. And here is the link if you want to check it out yourselves.http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

So, as of right now,here are the percentages.

NE-1ST SEED 38%
    NE 2ND SEED 38%
    NE 3RD SEED 24%

CIN 1ST SEED 34%

CIN 2ND SEED 35%

CIN 3RD SEED 30%

And then we get down to Denver,and here's where it doesn't make any sense to me

DEN 1ST SEED 28%

DEN 2ND SEED 26%

DEN 3RD SEED 39%

DEN 4TH SEED 0%

DEN 5TH SEED 4%

DEN 6TH SEED 2%

NOW, how does NE a team that we beat, and have the tie-breaker over,have a way better chance of getting 1st seed in the conference over us?.

How come we have the lowest chance of getting 1st seed?. And as of right now we are predicted to get 3rd seed,but how?.

At this late in the season and we still have a chance(While very low percentage mind you, of GETTING THE 6TH SEED!,but we'll have to lose the rest of the games to do that).

So, what's going on here?. Do tie-breakers not matter as much anymore?.

NE has the easiest remaining schedule of all the playoff teams in the conference.

We have the hardest schedule remaining of the playoff teams in the conference. We have Pitt on the road and Cincy at home. Those are going to be two tough games. If we can win those two games than we have a good chance to win the number 1 seed.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
      NE has the easiest remaining schedule of all the playoff teams in the conference.

We have the hardest schedule remaining of the playoff teams in the conference. We have Pitt on the road and Cincy at home. Those are going to be two tough games. If we can win those two games than we have a good chance to win the number 1 seed.
      *correction* Bengals and Broncos have the same remaining strength of schedule, both play teams with combined records of 25-23.

Comment

Right now we are in tough spot. With Cin vs. PIT next week, we can only hope they beat the crap out of each other, obviously the Bengals losing is good for us, but with how the Steelers are playing, I don't think anyone wants to play them in the playoffs right now.

Our team is a mess on offense. We are doing enough to win and protecting the ball, but it won't be enough to carry us to the Super Bowl right now. Too many teams are just putting up insane points, we won't have an answer for that, and we can't expect our defense, who gets beaten up more every week, to save us.

Right now, we need CJ and VD to be okay. If we lose them for a few weeks we are in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
          Right now we are in tough spot. With Cin vs. PIT next week, we can only hope they beat the crap out of each other, obviously the Bengals losing is good for us, but with how the Steelers are playing, I don't think anyone wants to play them in the playoffs right now.

Our team is a mess on offense. We are doing enough to win and protecting the ball, but it won't be enough to carry us to the Super Bowl right now. Too many teams are just putting up insane points, we won't have an answer for that, and we can't expect our defense, who gets beaten up more every week, to save us.

Right now, we need CJ and VD to be okay. If we lose them for a few weeks we are in trouble.
          Agreed. We control our destiny for the top seed. But realistically, we have at least one win left. The Patriots will probably get at least three wins and secure the #1 spot. Cincy should have at least two wins. The Chiefs should win out and get the 5th seed. Meaning the loser of our game with the Bengals will probably have to play either the Jets, Steelers, Bills or Texans in the 3-6 matchup. I don't mind having a wildcard game...so long as it isn't Pittsburgh. That team last night was scary good. If the Bengals beat the Steelers, the Steelers might be unable to get back in. If they win, we can still take #2 if we beat them. So GO BENGALS!

Comment

Originally posted by jonk01 View Post
            Remember, this is as of Week 13. So it could easily change. And here is the link if you want to check it out yourselves.http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

So, as of right now,here are the percentages.

NE-1ST SEED 38%
            NE 2ND SEED 38%
            NE 3RD SEED 24%

CIN 1ST SEED 34%

CIN 2ND SEED 35%

CIN 3RD SEED 30%

And then we get down to Denver,and here's where it doesn't make any sense to me

DEN 1ST SEED 28%

DEN 2ND SEED 26%

DEN 3RD SEED 39%

DEN 4TH SEED 0%

DEN 5TH SEED 4%

DEN 6TH SEED 2%

NOW, how does NE a team that we beat, and have the tie-breaker over,have a way better chance of getting 1st seed in the conference over us?.

How come we have the lowest chance of getting 1st seed?. And as of right now we are predicted to get 3rd seed,but how?.

At this late in the season and we still have a chance(While very low percentage mind you, of GETTING THE 6TH SEED!,but we'll have to lose the rest of the games to do that).

So, what's going on here?. Do tie-breakers not matter as much anymore?.
            I put in to the Playoff Machine where everybody ties.

So lets Say Pittsburgh beats Bengals
            Houston Beats Ne
            and Cincy beats Denver

If all 3 Tie and go 13-3 This is how the Playoff Machine had it

New England is #1 Seed
            Cincy is #2 Seed
            and Denver would be #3 Seed.

However lets say if we Lose to Pittsburgh but beat Cincy at home and Cincy beats Pittsburgh and everybody goes 13-3

We with the 2 Tie Breakers over NE and Cincy would be #1 NE #2 Cincy #3.

In Short that game against Cincy is going to be very Important whether we win or lose vs. Pittsburgh
            Last edited by BigOBroncoFan; 12-07-2015, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOBroncoFan View Post
              I put in to the Playoff Machine where everybody ties.

So lets Say Pittsburgh beats Bengals
              Houston Beats Ne
              and Cincy beats Denver

If all 3 Tie and go 13-3 This is how the Playoff Machine had it

New England is #1 Seed
              Cincy is #2 Seed
              and Denver would be #3 Seed.

However lets say if we Lose to Pittsburgh but beat Cincy at home and Cincy beats Pittsburgh and everybody goes 13-3

We with the 2 Tie Breakers over NE and Cincy would be #1 NE #2 Cincy #3.

In Short that game against Cincy is going to be very Important whether we win or lose vs. Pittsburgh
              Probably, but I fully expect Pats to win out. They hit bottom, and their schedule is so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post

I realize that NE on paper has the easiet schedule remaining, but who would have thought that the Eagles would come into Foxboro and manhandle them like they did? I'm sure the Patriots were looking at this game as a scrimmage in order to get things back on track.
                That said, it is possible that they lose one maybe two more games at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

To be really honest, I don't think seedings matter at this point. Denver is just not good enough to advance in the playoffs no matter what seed they end up with. The o line can't be fixed this late in the season and the few offensive weapons they have are getting hurt. One and done....again

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                    To be really honest, I don't think seedings matter at this point. Denver is just not good enough to advance in the playoffs no matter what seed they end up with. The o line can't be fixed this late in the season and the few offensive weapons they have are getting hurt. One and done....again
                    Recent history has shown that less talented teams can go places. Ravens in '12, the Giants in '11, the Packers in '10, the Steelers in '05. You need "enough" talent, the right toughness, the right coaching, and a little bit of luck.

I agree that we don't look nearly as good as we have in the last three seasons. We are certainly less talented offensively. But we are undoubtedly tougher and better coached than the last three years. If we get Ware and Ward back, our defense can win games for our weak offense.

Comment

Just win out, I can see the Jets beating the Patriots.....maybe just maybe

Comment

Honestly, I still think we get the 1 seed if we beat the bengals, but lose against the steelers. I think the patriots will lose one more game and then there will be a three way tie, and based on the post about tie breakers, you know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                          You're truly underestimating the power of a great defense combined with the crazy nature of playoffs. All it takes is winning the divisional round against an opponent we match up well against. Then it takes one game in the afc championship where things fall our way. It's happened to many teams over the year that are worse than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            *correction* Bengals and Broncos have the same remaining strength of schedule, both play teams with combined records of 25-23.
                            In the latter part of the season IMO at least you need to look at the smaller sample size of the teams previous games to really gauge where they are at. So for us I would use the last 4 games and compare that to Cincy.

Cin:

Offense:

Passing: Cle- 233, stl- 236, AZ- 278, hou- 182-----Total: 929

Rushing: Cle- 144, Stl- 140, AZ- 99, hou- 74-------Total: 457

TDs: Cle- 4, Stl- 4, AZ- 4, hou- 0-------Total: 12

Defense:

Rushing Yards Allowed: Cle- 68, Stl- 94, AZ- 82, hou- 82----------Total: 326

Passing Yards Allowed: Cle- 205, STL- 231, AZ- 301, hou- 174-----Total: 911

TDs Allowed: Cle- 0, STL- 1, AZ- 4, hou- 1----Total: 6

Den:

Offense:

Rushing Yards: SD- 134, NE- 179, Chi- 170, KC- 69---Totals: 552

Passing Yards: SD- 159, NE- 254, Chi- 219, KC- 152----totals: 784

Touchdowns: SD- 2, NE- 4, Chi- 2, KC- 2-----totals: 10

Defense:

Rushing Yards Allowed: SD- 93, NE- 39, Chi- 86, Kc- 106-----totals: 324

Passing Yards Allowed: SD- 179, NE- 262, Chi- 261, Kc- 197-----totals: 899

TDs Allowed: SD- 0, NE- 3, Chi- 1, Kc- 2-----totals: 6

So looking at the stats above my only real concern is the Den offense. We have fewer TD's, Fewer Rush and fewer pass yards. Also note how close our two defenses have played in the last 4 games. this is a concern for obvious reasons.

Comment

I agree that our offense is not very good. There are teams coming up that will score points against our defense. The offense seems conservative with Brock. Not his fault but he is still in the learning stage and we are in crunch time. Can we win a shootout against teams like Pitt and Cin if it comes down to that? NE will start getting some of their key players back in the next few weeks. They will become even better.

Number one seed might be very tuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X