bolster positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolster positions

what positions do we need to bolster and who should we target because of the recent injury crisis. let me know below.Also tell me how they could Bolster the position.I am very interested to see what you guys say.

We certainly are spoiled for depth at the moment thanks to Elway pulling out some free agency and draft gems.But despite our depth we are in extreme need of improvement on the O line. Another area of need could well be at LB if we lose Trevathan to free agency this off season.Think we lose Malik Jackson to FA but keep Derek Wolfe this off season however I have a lot of faith in Vance Walker and Even Darius Kilgo seems to be coming on lately. I think we cut/trade Ware in the off season due to his hefty cap number and you can never have enough pass rushers so I would say another OLB.
    Last edited by AussieBronco76; 12-08-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
      We certainly are spoiled for depth at the moment thanks to Elway pulling out some free agency and draft gems.But despite our depth we are in extreme need of improvement on the O line. Another area of need could well be at LB if we lose Trevathan to free agency this off season.Think we lose Malik Jackson to FA but keep Derek Wolfe this off season however I have a lot of faith in Vance Walker and Even Darius Kilgo seems to be coming on lately. I think we cut/trade Ward in the off season due to his hefty cap number and you can never have enough pass rushers so I would say another OLB.
      I think Demarcus Ware payroll should cover wolfe and jackson's pay next season, they are good but with Wade phillips coaching. Look at last year, same players bad results with Del Rio.

Comment

Obviously we need to "bolster"/upgrade the OL, although if players like Sambriallo and Clady are healthy than we don't have a whole lot of work to do. Still, we need to draft some OL too, maybe not 1st round - depends on who is there when we pick - but 2-5 rounds need probably 2 OL, one tackle and one guard. I would be hoping to get a DL in the 1st if there is a quality NT available when we pick. We are really in a position to take the best player available in the 1st but we can still use depth at DL. I'm not saying we don't have good talent on the DL, we do but rotating DL players really helps with having an aggressive D late in the game, can't have too many good DL. Safety could be another position to bolster, we're good but not great and Bruton I believe is a FA, using the draft to add a safety, again depends on who is available when we pick if its the 1st round.

I think as long as the UFA's we have WANT to be Broncos we can virtually sign all of them. The ones that are all about making as much money as possible (I don't really blame them) will probably be playing somewhere else next year. I think we will offer fair deals but some players will likely be able to make a little more somewhere else, I hope that all of them want to stay a Bronco.
        Clady will have to restructure or take a pay cut to stay a Bronco, if he really wants to stay he will take that pay cut (instead of the 10Mish he takes 6Mish with incentives), I hope he stays. Clady can still be more than sufficient at LT if he is healthy, which will be the first hurdle to get past by March, if not we still have FA options or pursue that trade for the Cleveland OT.
        Ware is in the same boat as Clady, accept a pay cut or be cut.
        Either way the salary cap savings will allow us to sign UFAs - savings of about 10M or 20m.
        The "wild card" is going to be Brock, he could be signed for as little as 8Mish or could get 15Mish from some team, it all depends on how he plays over the next 4+ games. It will be an interesting offseason for the Broncos.
        sigpic

Comment

John, this is Joe....I thought we discussed posting on the MB when you need ideas. Please come by my office when you can.

Comment

It depends who we lose. I'm pretty happy with the roster besides the O line. So... obviously the offensive line needs addressed, and depending on who we lose go from there. Always room for improvement. I wouldn't mind drafting another running back.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              It depends who we lose. I'm pretty happy with the roster besides the O line. So... obviously the offensive line needs addressed, and depending on who we lose go from there. Always room for improvement. I wouldn't mind drafting another running back.
              sure but not in the 1st.....

I think positions we could use to bolster are:

- Pass rushing DE/OLB (Help mitigate the potential loss of Ware this off-season or at least next off-season)
              - OL- LT I think is better addressed via FA so I am more inclined to say we should look at OG
              - Also think a Colquitt replacement is not a bad idea.

Comment

Offensive tackle and guard are the first two that immediately spring to mind. I like what I've seen from Garcia so far when he's been in there, and Sambrailo looked to have potential also, although his play was limited this year due to the season ending injury.

I've just looked at the upcoming crop of free agents for 2016:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/denver-broncos/

Most of them seem to be having career seasons

It'll be hard to retain some of them, but if the likes of Manning and Clady are let go from their big contracts, it could help bring some of these guys back for the 2016 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

- Pass rushing DE/OLB (Help mitigate the potential loss of Ware this off-season or at least next off-season)
                  - OL- LT I think is better addressed via FA so I am more inclined to say we should look at OG
                  No, I wouldn't want to take a rb in the first.

Comment

No, I wouldn't want to take a rb in the first.
                    Where in that statement did I say to take a RB in the 1st?

Comment

I was agreeing with you bro, I thought you said not in the first and was simply agreeing.

Comment

Linebacker we don't know what's going to happen with Demi Trivedi thin or Brandon Marshall this off-season we need good cover linebackers because that is where New England and other teams have attacked us we need good cover linebackers. Trevathian and marshal pretty darn good but who knows if we're gonna be able to keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          Obviously we need to "bolster"/upgrade the OL, although if players like Sambriallo and Clady are healthy than we don't have a whole lot of work to do. Still, we need to draft some OL too, maybe not 1st round - depends on who is there when we pick - but 2-5 rounds need probably 2 OL, one tackle and one guard. I would be hoping to get a DL in the 1st if there is a quality NT available when we pick. We are really in a position to take the best player available in the 1st but we can still use depth at DL. I'm not saying we don't have good talent on the DL, we do but rotating DL players really helps with having an aggressive D late in the game, can't have too many good DL. Safety could be another position to bolster, we're good but not great and Bruton I believe is a FA, using the draft to add a safety, again depends on who is available when we pick if its the 1st round.

I think as long as the UFA's we have WANT to be Broncos we can virtually sign all of them. The ones that are all about making as much money as possible (I don't really blame them) will probably be playing somewhere else next year. I think we will offer fair deals but some players will likely be able to make a little more somewhere else, I hope that all of them want to stay a Bronco.
                          Clady will have to restructure or take a pay cut to stay a Bronco, if he really wants to stay he will take that pay cut (instead of the 10Mish he takes 6Mish with incentives), I hope he stays. Clady can still be more than sufficient at LT if he is healthy, which will be the first hurdle to get past by March, if not we still have FA options or pursue that trade for the Cleveland OT.
                          Ware is in the same boat as Clady, accept a pay cut or be cut.
                          Either way the salary cap savings will allow us to sign UFAs - savings of about 10M or 20m.
                          The "wild card" is going to be Brock, he could be signed for as little as 8Mish or could get 15Mish from some team, it all depends on how he plays over the next 4+ games. It will be an interesting offseason for the Broncos.

It really is catch 22 with Brock.I mean we want him to play great and throw for 4td's and 0 int's every week and then go on and win the Super Bowl but if he does extremely well this year he will be extremely well paid and that could affect our chances of a dynasty in the future re the salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Tank View Post
                            Linebacker we don't know what's going to happen with Demi Trivedi thin or Brandon Marshall this off-season we need good cover linebackers because that is where New England and other teams have attacked us we need good cover linebackers. Trevathian and marshal pretty darn good but who knows if we're gonna be able to keep them.
                            Brandon Marshall is a RFA, a second round tender will cost about 2.5M and we have the right to match an offer if we tender him timely, a 3.5M - approximately - offer will reward the Broncos with a 1st round. I don't imagine that a team will be willing to give up a 2nd rounder to us to sign Marshall and 2.5M is not too much for the Broncos ... Marshall will be signed. Trevathan being an ILB will not command a high priced deal, my guess is around 4M maybe a little more ... maybe some team will go after him and pay him more, hard to say? I think the chances of signing these 2 are pretty good, especially Marshall.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was agreeing with you bro, I thought you said not in the first and was simply agreeing.
                              Jeeze these boards are wound too tight...It's easy to see he agreed with you
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X