bolster positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    It really is catch 22 with Brock.I mean we want him to play great and throw for 4td's and 0 int's every week and then go on and win the Super Bowl but if he does extremely well this year he will be extremely well paid and that could affect our chances of a dynasty in the future re the salary cap.
    We paid Manning Eleventy Brazillion Dollars a year because he was worth it. If Oz shows that he is worth big money then you pay him. Having a QB that's worth a fat contract is not a hindrance as long as he is worth the money. Our best possible outcome to the season would be if Oz caught fire and won a Super Bowl for us, proving that he was a franchise QB.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
      It really is catch 22 with Brock.I mean we want him to play great and throw for 4td's and 0 int's every week and then go on and win the Super Bowl but if he does extremely well this year he will be extremely well paid and that could affect our chances of a dynasty in the future re the salary cap.
      You can't build a dynasty without a QB. Wether he's a 1st rounder or a veteran, we have to pay for a QB. Elway just has to continue to draft well and Brock's contract won't matter.
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Without reading any posts to clutter my thoughts.

Without regard to what happens in losing UFAs and RFAs.

We need and have needed to adress the OL for decades. We have literally had one first rate OL guy drafted since Shanny was here and that was clady and frankly he is not what he used to be In His first couple of years.

Now John seems to have picked up a couple of journeymen guys in the draft in Paradis and maybe Gramcia IMO the jury is still out of Schofield and Ty S. With the latter more promising than the former.

He picked up Vasquez and Matthis both have been Pro bowlers, but seem to be a second or third tier level this year.

I have always believed that you have to fix the LOS players and if they are good to Great everyone behind them is better.

That said IF Paradis Garcia Ty S and maybe Schofield (with better coaching and strength ) are long term guys we still need 3-4 really good guys for starter or quality depth.

Depth is something we have not had as far back as I can remember and that is into the 60s.

Fix the OL with quality guys and those guys behind them get that much better. No need for pro bowl QBs or RBs second tier(near Pro bowlers) guys there do great things IF they have the blocking.

That said we are going to lose a boatload of folks this year due to money restrictions. Gonna be interesting to see if those depth guys on defense are ready or not.

Comment

Working...
        X