No announcement yet.

Ok, to clear things up. Here is how we can make the 1st seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm assuming by 'magic number', you mean combination of wins and opponent losses.
    If the Broncos magic number for the 2nd seed is 3...does that mean if Denver loses against Cinci, wins the rest...Cinci and NE win out....we still get the 2 seed? Denver would be 13-3, NE and Cinci would be 14-2. Something doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
      I'm assuming by 'magic number', you mean combination of wins and opponent losses.
      If the Broncos magic number for the 2nd seed is 3...does that mean if Denver loses against Cinci, wins the rest...Cinci and NE win out....we still get the 2 seed? Denver would be 13-3, NE and Cinci would be 14-2. Something doesn't make sense.
      A Winning Magic Number is the number of consecutive upcoming games a team must win to guarantee winning a given playoff spot. That doesn't mean they couldn't get to the 2nd seed another way with help. you might have a good point on the Cinci/ne winout scenario. I basically reported magic numbers from what was published here:
      http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afc...icnumbers.html

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
        A Winning Magic Number is the number of consecutive upcoming games a team must win to guarantee winning a given playoff spot. That doesn't mean they couldn't get to the 2nd seed another way with help. you might have a good point on the Cinci/ne winout scenario. I basically reported magic numbers from what was published here:
        http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afc...icnumbers.html
        I guess that makes sense if the magic number is CONSECUTIVE wins. I get it now

Comment

If NE wins out and we lose any of our remaining games, we won't be the #1 seed. Therefore all remaining games are important for now. Best win out and be done with it.

Comment

Win out and get the 1, simple , we control our destiny, let's start W Oakland

Comment

Just keep wining and the seeding will take care of itself
              I really like Cheese.

Comment

Working...
              X