Nearly half of Broncos team on the injury report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly half of Broncos team on the injury report

I knew we were a bit banged up especially after the SD game but after seeing the injury report we look pretty bad. Fortunately most injuries do not sound severe and players and some are coming off injury, like Ware, but others have been on the list a while with no discernible improvement.

The surprise to me was seeing Hillman still on the report. CJ went out Sunday and Thompson stepped in. Neither Hillman nor Thompson were as productive as Anderson. Kubiak did mention that CJ would have fought through the injury had we no one else and is expected to play this Sunday. Two of three RBs on the hurt doesn't bode well.

Safety is thin, though I think that's obvious with us releasing the insurance QB Ponder and signing of former Texan safety Shiloh Keo.

All I can find for Davis and Trevathon is that both are in the mandated concussion protocol. Nothing new to report. (Upset the hit on Davis was not penalized, but that's neither here nor there now).

The good news in all of this - in spite of injury, we're odds favorite against the dirty team from Oakland. :hammer:

Here's this weeks injury report as of yesterday. Looks like an ER ward...

Player Position Injury Wednesday Practice
    C.J. Anderson RB Ankle DNP
    Omar Bolden S Hamstring DNP
    Peyton Manning QB Foot DNP
    David Bruton Jr. S Knee DNP
    Vernon Davis TE Concussion DNP
    Ronnie Hillman RB Foot DNP
    Danny Trevathan ILB Concussion DNP
    T.J. Ward S Ankle DNP
    Andre Caldwell WR Quadricep LIMITED
    Evan Mathis G Ankle LIMITED
    Bennie Fowler WR Ankle LIMITED
    Owen Daniels TE Knee LIMITED
    Michael Schofield T Ankle LIMITED
    Darian Stewart S Hamstring LIMITED
    Vance Walker DE Shoulder LIMITED
    DeMarcus Ware OLB Back LIMITED
    Sylvester Williams NT Ankle LIMITED
    Ryan Harris T Knee Full
    Matt Paradis C Ankle FULL
    Emmanuel Sanders WR Ankle/Finger FULL
    Louis Vasquez G Groin FULL
    Last edited by Rastic; 12-10-2015, 01:02 PM. Reason: Added CJ Anderson

CJ not on report?
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Im gonna be positive and just say I think the FO is letting them take it easy for the next game. That looks really scary on paper though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        CJ not on report?
        Yea I though that was a bit odd as well.

Comment

We've seen what's happened to the Pats as injuries pushed past the tipping point to be competitive. The difference between the really good teams and the bottom dwellers in the NFL is really just a few players on each side. I'm concerned we're very close to or at that point ourselves. Fingers crossed we can get by the Raiders, but if the injuries don't start turning around, it could really affect the Pit and Cincy games. We NEED the playoff bye I think.

Comment

CJ not on report?
            CJ didn't practice today. He did tweet after the game that he'd be ok...hopefully he is.
            To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

from Andrew Mason about 1 hour ago:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Four days after suffering a concussion on the last play of the first half in San Diego, TE Vernon Davis was back on the field as the Broncos continued their preparations for this weekend's game against the Oakland Raiders.

Davis has been in the league-mandated post-concussion protocol since the hit, and was not at practice Wednesday.

As Davis returned, ILB Danny Trevathan remained out because of the concussion he suffered against the Chargers.

As was the case Wednesday, the Broncos worked without helmets, a concession to the wear and tear that has accumulated and left the team with 21 players listed on the Wednesday injury report.

Trevathan, OLB Shane Ray, QB Peyton Manning (plantar fascia tear) and safety T.J. Ward (ankle) were the only Broncos not at Thursday's practice.

Ray was not listed on Wednesday's injury report; Head Coach Gary Kubiak is expected to clarify the cause of his absence after practice.

Safeties David Bruton Jr. (knee) and Omar Bolden (hamstring) were at practice, but watched from the sideline. RB C.J. Anderson (ankle) was also on hand, conferring with coaches as his fellow running backs went through their drills.

Comment

CJ not on report?
                Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                Yea I though that was a bit odd as well.
                Yep. My mistake. I've updated the table. As was noted he tweeted that he was ok after the game.

Today he did participate in some form or another, see here

Comment

Ankles seems to be the overwhelming majority of injury issues. I wonder if there is a way to do something different to minimize these types of injuries...taping differently or something else. I feel that ankle injuries have increased more and more each year but don't recall them as being so prominent in years past. I mean in the last 5-10 years or so.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
                    We've seen what's happened to the Pats as injuries pushed past the tipping point to be competitive. The difference between the really good teams and the bottom dwellers in the NFL is really just a few players on each side. I'm concerned we're very close to or at that point ourselves. Fingers crossed we can get by the Raiders, but if the injuries don't start turning around, it could really affect the Pit and Cincy games. We NEED the playoff bye I think.
                    Yet we won't hear the media mention it every 5 seconds during our broadcast the way they seem to do for the Patriots. I got so sick of hearing.....no Gronk, no Edelman, no Amendola, when we and every other team have injuries as well.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Yet we won't hear the media mention it every 5 seconds during our broadcast the way they seem to do for the Patriots. I got so sick of hearing.....no Gronk, no Edelman, no Amendola, when we and every other team have injuries as well.
                      This needs a bump, eh?

#BroncosInjuriesMatter
                      Last edited by Rastic; 12-10-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        This needs a bumb, eh?

#BroncosInjuriesMatter
                        I was just gonna post this again. Thanks my friend. They certainly do.

Comment

Some good news: Davis returned to practice - obviously cleared the concussion protocol.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 3h3 hours ago
                          [email protected] returned to #Broncos practice today.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Ankles seems to be the overwhelming majority of injury issues. I wonder if there is a way to do something different to minimize these types of injuries...taping differently or something else. I feel that ankle injuries have increased more and more each year but don't recall them as being so prominent in years past. I mean in the last 5-10 years or so.
                            I wonder if wearing the old fashioned high-tops would help.
                            :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

Kubiak makes it sound like plan "A" is Anderson / Hillman, but Thompson ready to start

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2h2 hours ago
                              Kubiak expects CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman to go full tomorrow. Said there's a chance Juwan Thompson could start.
                              Regarding the injury report:

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2h2 hours ago
                              Kubiak said the injury report is "the longest list he's ever had."
                              Keo to be active Sunday and ST Coach DeCamillils he will definitely play STs

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2h2 hours ago
                              STC DeCamillis on new safety @kaleo10: “You’ll see him on special teams this Sunday, I can tell you that.”

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago
                              Keo, Norwood, and Sanders working punt return w bolden hurting. Keo will be active on Sunday to play special teams
                              Sly Williams looks good to go:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2h2 hours ago
                              Kubiak expects Sylvester Williams (ankle) to be ready to go Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X