Chris Harris blaming the Safety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
    My feeling was that Harris was overly cocky after we beat Green Bay - yes, a big win but not the super bowl and I thought they would be more grounded about it. You have to win and loose as a team and this wasn't very mature of Harris and he neds to grow up a little.
    I would agree with this.

Comment

Harris is a stand up guy who took less money to stay with the Broncos then he would of got on the open market. He plays hard all the time and Sunday admitted he let the team down and needs to play better.

Him saying last week was on the offense wasn't news, everyone knows that. Him saying this week is on the D is generous to the offense imo.

Keep going CH !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        Harris is a stand up guy who took less money to stay with the Broncos then he would of got on the open market. He plays hard all the time and Sunday admitted he let the team down and needs to play better.

Him saying last week was on the offense wasn't news, everyone knows that. Him saying this week is on the D is generous to the offense imo.

Keep going CH !!!!
        He's saying it's on himself, which is about fair...AB torched him this week. That doesn't negate from how good he is, but AB juked his shorts off and made him miss several easy tackles he should have made.
        sigpic

Comment

Im wondering why they don't use some other play, when they get into a jam...I have seen so many times get right down on the goul line and goof it up..I can just about tell what there are going to do ....Iam meaning that why don't they use some of the off beat play's like in Collage football..

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            He's saying it's on himself, which is about fair...AB torched him this week. That doesn't negate from how good he is, but AB juked his shorts off and made him miss several easy tackles he should have made.
            He didn't play well but every player struggles at times. Having both starting safeties out against the leagues best offense did not help either

Comment

He didn't play well but every player struggles at times. Having both starting safeties out against the leagues best offense did not help either
              I'm not saying there weren't issues, I'm not bashing him. I'm just saying, he had a bad game. Happens to the best of them, but he's right to put blame on himself. While there are others who deserve blame, he got beat badly this week. Not a huge deal, I like seeing him take some responsibility and I'm sure he'll play with a passion this week.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not saying there weren't issues, I'm not bashing him. I'm just saying, he had a bad game. Happens to the best of them, but he's right to put blame on himself. While there are others who deserve blame, he got beat badly this week. Not a huge deal, I like seeing him take some responsibility and I'm sure he'll play with a passion this week.
                Yep agreed, not a good game.

IMO the D deserves some blame, but I put this loss more on the offense. Its why my stance hasn't changed since PM went down. Oz is for next season but PM needs to play as soon as he's healthy. With him we have a chance, with Brock we have zero chance imo ..... not saying it's all on him because the OL stinks but zero points in the last 3 second halfs is unheard of and when he's goes on a cold streak (as all young QB's do) we will get dumped out of the playoffs.

Comment

Yep agreed, not a good game.

IMO the D deserves some blame, but I put this loss more on the offense. Its why my stance hasn't changed since PM went down. Oz is for next season but PM needs to play as soon as he's healthy. With him we have a chance, with Brock we have zero chance imo ..... not saying it's all on him because the OL stinks but zero points in the last 3 second halfs is unheard of and when he's goes on a cold streak (as all young QB's do) we will get dumped out of the playoffs.
                  Our chances are equally dire regardless of who the QB is. Our issue isn't the QB position. Brock has played far better than Manning, but we just lack execution from the other skill players. Putting Manning in won't change a dang thing.

The o deserves blame sure, but giving up 21 points in a half...That's bad form on the part of the D. It's not like you can even use the fact that they spent too much time on the field because they immediately started caving right after halftime before they even had the opportunity to get gassed. They just flat out got beat. Had the offense done anything we could have survived it, but the D deserves a healthy helping of the blame for this one...It is their job to keep points off the board regardless of what the offense does and they flat out didn't do it this week.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    Actually, the play in which Harris complained and argued with his safety was when he gave up the final touchdown... Josh Bush was the safety in on the play.
                    That's my recollection, too. I think it was an unbalanced formation and Josh got caught looking a little too long at the strong side. It might have been better technique for Harris to have played inside leverage since the route looked like Post.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverElway View Post
                      I agree with you on that, but the missed tackles were the hard part for me to accept.
                      I agree with that. The tackling was poor on the part of the DBs including Harris.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Our chances are equally dire regardless of who the QB is. Our issue isn't the QB position. Brock has played far better than Manning, but we just lack execution from the other skill players. Putting Manning in won't change a dang thing.

The o deserves blame sure, but giving up 21 points in a half...That's bad form on the part of the D. It's not like you can even use the fact that they spent too much time on the field because they immediately started caving right after halftime before they even had the opportunity to get gassed. They just flat out got beat. Had the offense done anything we could have survived it, but the D deserves a healthy helping of the blame for this one...It is their job to keep points off the board regardless of what the offense does and they flat out didn't do it this week.
                        Going 3/4 and out continuously in the second half and having Pitts keep starting at their own 40 plus was never going to end well. I thought the D did what they could most of the game, especially missing both safeties, but doing absolutely nothing in the second half on offense can never be acceptable..... and now it's happened in THREE straight games........ I see no reason a QB change won't happen

Comment

Have we as a fan base become this fickle and ready to jump off the train as soon as someone has a bad game. It's like the folks last week that were suddenly saying we should cut Osweiler and that he'll never be a quality starter in the NFL. I guess you folks don't remember the bad games that Elway had.
                          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                            Have we as a fan base become this fickle and ready to jump off the train as soon as someone has a bad game. It's like the folks last week that were suddenly saying we should cut Osweiler and that he'll never be a quality starter in the NFL. I guess you folks don't remember the bad games that Elway had.
                            I don't think anyone is really on Harris's case. I for sure am not. He had a bad game, it happens. He took responsibility for that and I like it. What I didn't like was that he was blaming the offense last week, but who knows, he knows them better than I, maybe that's what they need to hear.

I don't think anyone is jumping off the harris train.
                            sigpic

Comment

Harris stating 'last week it was the offense' isn't ground-breaking, everyone knows they were terrible including the players and coaches. It was one of the worst performances I have seen from an offense in a long time. Him saying 'this week was the D' was very good of him, he didn't complain about how often the O put them in a horrible position or the terrible second half performance.

Comment

Harris stating 'last week it was the offense' isn't ground-breaking, everyone knows they were terrible including the players and coaches. It was one of the worst performances I have seen from an offense in a long time. Him saying 'this week was the D' was very good of him, he didn't complain about how often the O put them in a horrible position or the terrible second half performance.
                                As pointed out before. The D gave it up right out of the gate...They were playing lousy before the offense even came into question....They deserve an equal share of blame.

The offense for sure deserves blame, I just don't like the idea of defensive players calling out their defensive counterparts (warranted or not) because it shows that there is a growing division between the two units. What's the old proverb? A house divided against itself cannot stand?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X