Chris Harris blaming the Safety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    As pointed out before. The D gave it up right out of the gate...They were playing lousy before the offense even came into question....They deserve an equal share of blame.

The offense for sure deserves blame, I just don't like the idea of defensive players calling out their defensive counterparts (warranted or not) because it shows that there is a growing division between the two units. What's the old proverb? A house divided against itself cannot stand?
    Didn't 2 of Pittsburgh's TD's come when the offense turned the ball over deep inside their own territory ?

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      Because it was the Safeties fault? That play Keo should have been eliminating the inside, he didn't and Chris let him know.
      This right here. Thank you for understanding leverage and coverage assignments.

Comment

There is a lot of blame to go around. We wouldn't be blaming the coverage if we had a pass rush. Did Von Miller go on vacation?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I agree with that. The tackling was poor on the part of the DBs including Harris.
          You know on some of those missed tackles, I think they were reaching for a strip rather than focusing on bringing the player down. I was like "Not on 3rd down!!! Noooo!!!".
          I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
            This right here. Thank you for understanding leverage and coverage assignments.
            Ok but both CBs played outside leverage against post routes. Roby was also beat badly on a crossing route going away from CH side of the field. What the safety did in that situation did not matter. If he goes to Harris, Talib gives up the TD. If he goes to Talib, Harris gives up the TD. And if Ben didn't want either of those Wheaton would have walked in on the underneath crossing route. Just a perfect call by the Steelers against that defense

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              As pointed out before. The D gave it up right out of the gate...They were playing lousy before the offense even came into question....They deserve an equal share of blame.

The offense for sure deserves blame, I just don't like the idea of defensive players calling out their defensive counterparts (warranted or not) because it shows that there is a growing division between the two units. What's the old proverb? A house divided against itself cannot stand?
              Not to mention that it comes off very differently to a single poster on a board than it does your teammates. I personally would have a problem with this, it's a team sport and you don't call out your guys like this. You win and lose together as a team. I bet he wouldn't like it if somebody on the offense said, "hey if the defense could tackle the lead we built would have stood."
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Working...
              X