Time to get rid of Kubiak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I would rather pay a million for a dropped pass then an interception, just saying. Also, I don't think the numbers pan out the same in your example. It is literally a million per int, actually slightly more. Yours I believe is embellished a bit.
    DT leads the league in drops with 11 I think. He makes about 14 million, so yeah it's about a million per drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      What gets me is how they can come out in the first half and play great-- yet in the 2nd half it is opposite. How does that happen? It's the same players, same coaches, same opponent, same everything. It's the same O-line, same RB's, same QB. What is different in the 2nd half? It's like two totally different teams.
      Combination of playing to protect the lead and not increase it, and adjustments made by the defense. The common denominator in the second half? More pressure from the defense across the board. Tighter man to man coverage and blitzing. We have yet to counter that with either running the ball, quick passes, or even a simple screen.
      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
        And about 1 million per every dropped pass by the newly Brinks Trucked WR.
        True that.

Comment

DT leads the league in drops with 11 I think. He makes about 14 million, so yeah it's about a million per drop.
          http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232

that link puts him at 9, which is good for a tie for first place in the league. That's still a bit under a million per, not that it's important. He needs to get it together.

Comment

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232

that link puts him at 9, which is good for a tie for first place in the league. That's still a bit under a million per, not that it's important. He needs to get it together.
            They don't typically update the stats until all games are completed, including Monday night. So yesterday's drops have not been added yet. I believe that's the way it goes.

Comment

They don't typically update the stats until all games are completed, including Monday night. So yesterday's drops have not been added yet. I believe that's the way it goes.
              Yep; he has 10 total after yesterday, the NFL leader in dropped passes.
              --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Fair enough, point out a single play. One play with down and distance, personnel, thoughts on the defense, and whatever else you would like to point out. Explain the play call and why it was a poor call for the situation. I don't not believe you will respond, and really am fine with it. However, if you can't explain a situation don't be such a wise mouth about what you don't understand, it's rude.
                I'll respond,

Off the top of my head, the sweep play to Hillman on the goal-line where he tried to run around the defense and got tackled for a loss. Kubiak called that play on the goal-line against the Raiders, then called it again against the Steelers.

If that play failed miserably against the Raiders, why in the world do you think it's going work against the Steelers....

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  I'll respond,

Off the top of my head, the sweep play to Hillman on the goal-line where he tried to run around the defense and got tackled for a loss. Kubiak called that play on the goal-line against the Raiders, then called it again against the Steelers.

If that play failed miserably against the Raiders, why in the world do you think it's going work against the Steelers....
                  This play I agree, I said the same thing in the game day thread. There were a couple posters that said they thought the play wasn't designed to go that far outside and Hillman missed a lane off tackle. This would not be hard to believe knowing Hillman. Which begs the question, bad call or execution? Luckily the end result was better, I believe that was the series Brock ran for the td.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
                    Yep; he has 10 total after yesterday, the NFL leader in dropped passes.
                    Fair enough

Comment

• A spade is a spade. We went in to win the game, then we switched to Kubiaks way of playing to not lose. It doesnt help out our receivers cant catch important balls in game time importance.

Comment

Fair enough
                        And yes, it seems like a huge waste of money for both.

Comment

This play I agree, I said the same thing in the game day thread. There were a couple posters that said they thought the play wasn't designed to go that far outside and Hillman missed a lane off tackle. This would not be hard to believe knowing Hillman. Which begs the question, bad call or execution? Luckily the end result was better, I believe that was the series Brock ran for the td.
                          Ok, this brings up another question of why is Hillman even being used in goal-line situations, especially if he's not even running the plays right.

If CJ was still banged up, in my mind it makes more sense when you need 1 yard to run Thompson who's 225 pounds instead of Hillman who's 195 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            And yes, it seems like a huge waste of money for both.
                            Im trying to cp you all over the place now lol, I owe you a couple

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Ok, this brings up another question of why is Hillman even being used in goal-line situations, especially if he's not even running the plays right.

If CJ was still banged up, in my mind it makes more sense when you need 1 yard to run Thompson who's 225 pounds instead of Hillman who's 195 pounds.
                              Coaches must be blind. Every bronco fan across the nation knows hillmans garbage on the goal line.

Im not even a Thompson jocker but I was ready to see him yesterday.

This coaching staff is ridiculous. The teams fixes in obvious running situations are easy to fix. Unfortunately Kubes could only have implemented a "My way or the Highway" though process to the equation to gunk things up so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                                Coaches must be blind. Every bronco fan across the nation knows hillmans garbage on the goal line.

Im not even a Thompson jocker but I was ready to see him yesterday.

This coaching staff is ridiculous. The teams fixes in obvious running situations are easy to fix. Unfortunately Kubes could only have implemented a "My way or the Highway" though process to the equation to gunk things up so much.
                                At least the Kubiak era will have a memory .." My way or the Hwy" cause it for sure is about a whole lot of nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X