Time to get rid of Kubiak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Ok, this brings up another question of why is Hillman even being used in goal-line situations, especially if he's not even running the plays right.

If CJ was still banged up, in my mind it makes more sense when you need 1 yard to run Thompson who's 225 pounds instead of Hillman who's 195 pounds.
    Oh you are preaching to the choir brother. I don't understand why you even bother running outside period on the goal line, shortest distance being a straight line and all. Or on a odd front defense more than a couple random times a.game either. I don't mind using Hillman 5-8 times between the tackles, a few outside runs as well. Outside zones, counter, quick pitch. I just want to use our players best assets in the best way possible, I feel we fail in that department.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• How about a new OC to call the shot, instead of getting rid of Kubiak? Sorry if already discussed early in this thread.

Comment

• First year HC

Double digit win season

on third LT
        Other injuries on the OL
        Elite QB is hurt all season and playing no where near the level he did early last season
        implementing new offense
        GM gave him no help on the OL

all this but the team is definitely tougher than it was last year

and people calling for the coach to be removed...this is why some people should keep their GM opinions on Madden and forget about trying to apply their opinions to the NFL

Do understand the frustration but people need to serious reality check.

With a major offensive change what did you all expect? Seriously?

If you want Kubiak gone than you probably never wanted him in the first place or reality is elusive for you
        Let's Ride!

Comment

• I do think Kubiak should give up the playcalling duties to Dennison. Unless the coach is an offensive mastermind, I have never been a huge fan of the HC calling plays in the NFL.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
            I do think Kubiak should give up the playcalling duties to Dennison. Unless the coach is an offensive mastermind, I have never been a huge fan of the HC calling plays in the NFL.
            Honestly, I haven't even noticed Dennison all season. I guess that tells you how much of a factor he has been. Perhaps he should call the plays..Is he even any good as an OC?
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
              I do think Kubiak should give up the playcalling duties to Dennison. Unless the coach is an offensive mastermind, I have never been a huge fan of the HC calling plays in the NFL.
              I agree

Shanahan was much better as a team coach when others were calling the plays. I think the play callers needs to focus on too many things. Either that or essentially they need a OC who will run the show and tell the HC/playcaller when it is required to run different plays...which imo is not happening.

I think because of various factors the coaches on this team need to practice working together more.

Right now imo this offensive team is not coached at all to its strengths. IMO we have three TEs who should be getting 3-6 or more targets a game...tho honestly I would have no problem with Daniels not being on the team at all and allowing Green more action.

Hillman's between the tackle carries should be limited

Thompson should not asked to be doing outside runs at all

I think there needs to be a gameplan about what is done with what players and if those players can not stay in the game long enough to execute that gameplan than we need new players. There also needs to be communication between the coaches about when a guy gets subed for whatever reason.
              Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                Um for 3 games they scored 0 points in the 2nd half..great ton of play calls that were called in. :thumb:
                So if he calls a play, a player is wide open for a TD, player drops it, the pass is poorly thrown, or a penalty negates it, then it's a poor play?
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                  Lets be real there were coaches better qualified then Kubaik ..We already had him the last 3 years..hes Fox 2..
                  In what dimension is he fox 2.0?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                    On this play I think DT may have sat on his route earlier than Brock wanted. It was WIDE open on the right side and may have been a big play yac wise. Without knowing the routes, keys, depth, etc we will never know. It just appeared to me that Brock was throwing him open as there was a trailer behind DT.
                    It's entirely possible, I think DT saw the soft spot, had the 1st down yardage and was waiting for the ball. You could be right, in which case it's a miscommunication between a young inexperienced QB and his WR, yet Kubiak gets the vlame.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      It's entirely possible, I think DT saw the soft spot, had the 1st down yardage and was waiting for the ball. You could be right, in which case it's a miscommunication between a young inexperienced QB and his WR, yet Kubiak gets the vlame.
                      Exactly my thoughts, sometimes time and patience is what's required. 5 games seems a lot but guys that hat have played with each other for years can get off sync.
                      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        GM gave him no help on the OL

all this but the team is definitely tougher than it was last year

and people calling for the coach to be removed...this is why some people should keep their GM opinions on Madden and forget about trying to apply their opinions to the NFL

Do understand the frustration but people need to serious reality check.

With a major offensive change what did you all expect? Seriously?
                        Not sure what you mean by GM not
                        Helping

Seems to me they
                        Drafted TY
                        Brought in Harris, Mathis and 2-3 other experienced OL guys. All of which had played ZBS in the past.

Not sure what else he was supposed to do

They kept the younger players because of their potential over the older guys.

While we all know that Harris is (IMO never good ) less than perfect. There was not much in the way of options.

Comment

• Kubiak's record in Houston over 8 seasons: 61-64

While I'm not in the camp of firing him after two second half collapses, his results are a good indicator of what to expect - sub .500. He had poor playoff results. He also had some great talent in Andre Johnson and Arian Foster. Schaub was decent before he threw multiple pick 6's and got to his head. Not to mention Watt anchoring the D. Kubiak had talent and at the same time played behind Indy with Manning so winning was tough in those years.

If there is an issue with play calling which is something us fans always blame, why not some blame on the OC?

There are also issues to point to besides Kubiak - DT's drops, Os limited experience, O line, etc. Where would we be if Clady was playing which would put other linemen in positions with experience.

I wasn't a big fan of hiring Kubiak but not going to throw in the towel reacting to two losses.

Coaches and players can build on the positives and own up to the mistakes.

Let's see how they come back against the Bengals - stout D will be another test and McCaron is more tested than most young QBs from time at Alabama.

Comment

• I think Bronco fans are spoiled. So many years with playoff runs that we expect it every year. I truly believe this is our last run for a bit. Chiefs and Raiders are on the rise and will be the class of the west for the next several years. Just an opinion. So enjoy the ride this year wherever it may lead.
                            sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

• Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                              Kubiak's record in Houston over 8 seasons: 61-64

While I'm not in the camp of firing him after two second half collapses, his results are a good indicator of what to expect - sub .500. He had poor playoff results. He also had some great talent in Andre Johnson and Arian Foster. Schaub was decent before he threw multiple pick 6's and got to his head. Not to mention Watt anchoring the D. Kubiak had talent and at the same time played behind Indy with Manning so winning was tough in those years.

If there is an issue with play calling which is something us fans always blame, why not some blame on the OC?

There are also issues to point to besides Kubiak - DT's drops, Os limited experience, O line, etc. Where would we be if Clady was playing which would put other linemen in positions with experience.

I wasn't a big fan of hiring Kubiak but not going to throw in the towel reacting to two losses.

Coaches and players can build on the positives and own up to the mistakes.

Let's see how they come back against the Bengals - stout D will be another test and McCaron is more tested than most young QBs from time at Alabama.
                              Kubiak took over the worst literally the worst NFL team when he got there. He improved them each year (or didn't step back) minus one year in between, and his last year there. Do you expect his record to be stellar after a team deprived of talent like that, up against a division with one of the best teams year in and out. You're looking at a record, without seeing what it actually means. I see a guy who is going to cultivate talent, and show improvement many years. Now he's getting a talented roster to start, and a FO very good at their jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                                Honestly, I haven't even noticed Dennison all season. I guess that tells you how much of a factor he has been. Perhaps he should call the plays..Is he even any good as an OC?
                                Hard to say. He was the OC here in Denver from '06-'08 -the Cutler years- but Shanahan always had a heavy hand in offensive gameplanning, of course.

He was also the OC in Houston from '10-'13 when they made the playoffs, but Kubes may have been calling the plays, not sure.

I think he's up in the booth analyzing the defense and comunicating that back down to Kubes. He might be trying to help struggling departments too, the WR's and OL coaches.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X