Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get rid of Kubiak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Kubiak took over the worst literally the worst NFL team when he got there. He improved them each year (or didn't step back) minus one year in between, and his last year there. Do you expect his record to be stellar after a team deprived of talent like that, up against a division with one of the best teams year in and out. You're looking at a record, without seeing what it actually means. I see a guy who is going to cultivate talent, and show improvement many years. Now he's getting a talented roster to start, and a FO very good at their jobs.
    Did you not see that I made a reference to playing against Indy and Manning?

    Even then they only had to play Indy twice a season.

    Football like business is about results - you can come up with all the rationale for average or losing record - the results are what they are - 8 seasons is a long time.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      I agree

      Shanahan was much better as a team coach when others were calling the plays.
      Not true. Shanahan called the plays until after Elway retired so that includes our SB years.

      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

      Comment


      • Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
        Did you not see that I made a reference to playing against Indy and Manning?

        Even then they only had to play Indy twice a season.

        Football like business is about results - you can come up with all the rationale for average or losing record - the results are what they are - 8 seasons is a long time.
        Some first stints never work out, like Belicheat in Cleveland. Kubes never had much cooperation with McNair while he has full support with Elway. This is a much better situation than his entering a trainwreck expansion.

        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Colem9r View Post
          I think Bronco fans are spoiled. So many years with playoff runs that we expect it every year. I truly believe this is our last run for a bit. Chiefs and Raiders are on the rise and will be the class of the west for the next several years. Just an opinion. So enjoy the ride this year wherever it may lead.
          That's cheery. Man the doom and gloom after a loss. Now it's that we can't win - for years! OK.

          Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

          Comment


          • Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
            Did you not see that I made a reference to playing against Indy and Manning?

            Even then they only had to play Indy twice a season.

            Football like business is about results - you can come up with all the rationale for average or losing record - the results are what they are - 8 seasons is a long time.
            It was a while ago so you must have forgot, but the jags and Ten were a talented group, in 07 all 3 (Indy, Jax, and Ten) all made the playoffs. My rationale is logic, if you think the worst team in the nfl should immediately become competitive well I'm sorry to tell you that's unrealistic.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

            Comment


            • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Kubiak took over the worst literally the worst NFL team when he got there. He improved them each year (or didn't step back) minus one year in between, and his last year there. Do you expect his record to be stellar after a team deprived of talent like that, up against a division with one of the best teams year in and out. You're looking at a record, without seeing what it actually means. I see a guy who is going to cultivate talent, and show improvement many years. Now he's getting a talented roster to start, and a FO very good at their jobs.
              It goes both ways. Kubiet took over one of the best teams this year. If Broncos does not make the playoff, Kubiet should take some blame. We should set up appropriate expectation for Kubiet and it can't be 8 years with sub .50 record.

              Comment


              • I haven't been overly impressed with Kubiak so far and his version of offense, especially abandoning the run game. I also have been unhappy with his lack of adjustments on the offense to put us in a position to win. I wonder though if part of the issue is that he is keeping everything so very basic for Osweiler? I am unsure, but his comment that "we are starting over" kind of hit me wrong. I guess we will see how the season plays out and go from there.

                Comment


                • John fox got fired with a 46/18 record. Houston might be ok to keep him for 8 years with sub .500 record, but Denver has higher expectation for HC.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                    I haven't been overly impressed with Kubiak so far and his version of offense, especially abandoning the run game. I also have been unhappy with his lack of adjustments on the offense to put us in a position to win. I wonder though if part of the issue is that he is keeping everything so very basic for Osweiler? I am unsure, but his comment that "we are starting over" kind of hit me wrong. I guess we will see how the season plays out and go from there.
                    LMAO - please explain to everyone how Kubiak has "Abandoned the run game"?

                    The starting over comment is your typical press conference phrase: "Back to the drawing board".
                    I believe.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by njmanningfan View Post
                      It goes both ways. Kubiet took over one of the best teams this year. If Broncos does not make the playoff, Kubiet should take some blame. We should set up appropriate expectation for Kubiet and it can't be 8 years with sub .50 record.
                      I dont think Kubes anticipated Manning doing his best Matt Schaub impression with all the pick 6s.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                        I dont think Kubes anticipated Manning doing his best Matt Schaub impression with all the pick 6s.
                        You can say what you will about Manning's pick 6's but at the end of the day they cost us 1 game - KC. I put the Indy game on Talib's foolishness as much as Manning. And yes, thank God for our defense who bailed us out in those games. Like they bailed out Brock in the SD game and the CHI game but couldn't overcome in the OAK or PIT game.

                        Manning hasn't been playing so what do you account for our offensive collapse these past 2 games. Can't blame it on Manning as much as everyone would love to.

                        How do you explain only scoring 10 points against SD? How do you explain not being able to score more than 4 FGs against OAK? How do you explain collapsing once again in the 2nd half against PIT?
                        Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-22-2015, 07:13 PM.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                          I haven't been overly impressed with Kubiak so far and his version of offense, especially abandoning the run game. I also have been unhappy with his lack of adjustments on the offense to put us in a position to win. I wonder though if part of the issue is that he is keeping everything so very basic for Osweiler? I am unsure, but his comment that "we are starting over" kind of hit me wrong. I guess we will see how the season plays out and go from there.
                          I was hoping that the running game would show up, since most of the existing OL from last year played about 40%or more in the ZBS.

                          But then NONE of them made the cut or MADE the CUT in the operating room.

                          I can not fathom why anyone really thought that changing the

                          A.) OFFENSE basically from the ground up

                          B.) a totally different OL from last year

                          that this would be a championship team.

                          When they started tinkering with the OL in OTAs and TC I pretty much wrote this season off when Clady and TY went down and harris moved to OLT that was the time for a Hail Mary. over and done unless NE collapsed as this team is mentally tough enough to win in NE in the playoffs.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            You can say what you will about Manning's pick 6's but at the end of the day they cost us 1 game - KC. I put the Indy game on Talib's foolishness as much as Manning. And yes, thank God for our defense who bailed us out in those games. Like they bailed out Brock in the SD game and the CHI game but couldn't overcome in the OAK or PIT game.

                            Manning hasn't been playing so what do you account for our offensive collapse these past 2 games. Can't blame it on Manning as much as everyone would love to.

                            How do you explain only scoring 10 points against SD? How do you explain not being able to score more than 4 FGs against OAK? How do you explain collapsing once again in the 2nd half against PIT?
                            Bad karma?
                            --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                              LMAO - please explain to everyone how Kubiak has "Abandoned the run game"?.
                              By not running more and giving up when one rush doesn't earn enough yards. Where was the extra blocker for Hillman all game. Several time stretch run plays were used in the second half only to find Hillman tangled with the extra lineman who wasn't blocked. We were told this offensive philosophy is predicated on establishing a run game. Where's the commitment?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by River Side View Post
                                By not running more and giving up when one rush doesn't earn enough yards. Where was the extra blocker for Hillman all game. Several time stretch run plays were used in the second half only to find Hillman tangled with the extra lineman who wasn't blocked. We were told this offensive philosophy is predicated on establishing a run game. Where's the commitment?
                                Where's the power runner and offensive line to make that work? Injured. We faced a defense with the 31st ranked pass defense and 5th ranked run defense, and you want to run more with Hillman, telegraphing the play with an extra lineman.

                                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X