No announcement yet.

Time to get rid of Kubiak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #broncos CJ Anderson said "don't blame coaches. It's on us to execute. I play my role. I didn't make the plays i had"

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
      Where's the power runner and offensive line to make that work? Injured. We faced a defense with the 31st ranked pass defense and 5th ranked run defense, and you want to run more with Hillman, telegraphing the play with an extra lineman.
      You play with the team you have, not one you wish you had. Belicheat inserts burger flippers and gets 200'yards out of them. If we don't have the power runner it's the coaches job to acquire one. Commitment to run doesn't mean you stop tying the opposite team ranks better in protection. How's that 31st rank pass defense looking now?

Comment

• I understand everyone's frustration, but we all need to relax. The Denver Broncos played a hard fought game last Sunday against one of the better teams in the NFL on the road in one of the toughest places to play....and with a QB who is just learning what it means to be a starter in this league. We haven't played our perfect game yet all year...when we do, look out!
        Let's go Bronco fans, now is not the time to give up hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
          Hard to say. He was the OC here in Denver from '06-'08 -the Cutler years- but Shanahan always had a heavy hand in offensive gameplanning, of course.

He was also the OC in Houston from '10-'13 when they made the playoffs, but Kubes may have been calling the plays, not sure.

I think he's up in the booth analyzing the defense and comunicating that back down to Kubes. He might be trying to help struggling departments too, the WR's and OL coaches.
          Pretty sure Shanahan hired his buddy to be OC after Kubes left to go to Houston. It was not dennison.

I was led to believe that he was the OL coach in Houston a position he was assistant OL coach in Denver with Gubbs being the head OL honcho for most of the time here.

There was some talk about Rick being the HC after Mike was fired. That Pat liked him as he was well regarded with a brilliant mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garfield View Post
            Pretty sure Shanahan hired his buddy to be OC after Kubes left to go to Houston. It was not dennison.

I was led to believe that he was the OL coach in Houston a position he was assistant OL coach in Denver with Gubbs being the head OL honcho for most of the time here.

There was some talk about Rick being the HC after Mike was fired. That Pat liked him as he was well regarded with a brilliant mind.
            Who's Shanahan's "buddy"?

Dennison did actually interview for the HC job after Shanahan was fired. I think he interviewed for it again after McDoof was fired too.

Rick was indeed the OC after Kubiak. See his career history here:
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Dennison

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Garfield View Post

Rick Dennison was OC in Denver 2006-2008, in Houston 2010-2013 and in Denver now.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• IMO the problems we are seeing where here before Kubiak

Our problem is not the coaches...well imo that can not be known for sure either way at this time

The problem is most...maybe more...of our offensive players are mentally weak and they have been for some time.

We collapsed like a wet bag offensively in the Super Bowl. We collapsed like a wet bag against Indy in the playoffs.

The last three games we have collapsed like a wet bag in the 2nd half of games.

This problem existed before Kubiak...it is up to Elway to change the players and give Kubiak the kind of players who have the potential to be coached up.

He started making this a focus after the Super Bowl and signed Sanders who is definitely a mentally tough kind of guy. We are drafting players who fit the bill now imo.

This year I expect a lot of salary cap space to be freed up. We will keep who we can but we still need to get some mentally tough offensive players imo

A big unfortunately is DT is mentally weak and we just signed him to a big money long term contract.
                Last edited by Hadez; 12-24-2015, 07:40 AM.
                Let's Ride!

Comment

• typical knee jerk reaction that I'm coming to expect from fellow Broncos fans. Let me guess, let's bring back John Fox and resign Tebow. Did I miss anything?
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X