Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floridabroncos
    replied
    typical knee jerk reaction that I'm coming to expect from fellow Broncos fans. Let me guess, let's bring back John Fox and resign Tebow. Did I miss anything?

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    IMO the problems we are seeing where here before Kubiak

Our problem is not the coaches...well imo that can not be known for sure either way at this time

The problem is most...maybe more...of our offensive players are mentally weak and they have been for some time.

We collapsed like a wet bag offensively in the Super Bowl. We collapsed like a wet bag against Indy in the playoffs.

The last three games we have collapsed like a wet bag in the 2nd half of games.

This problem existed before Kubiak...it is up to Elway to change the players and give Kubiak the kind of players who have the potential to be coached up.

He started making this a focus after the Super Bowl and signed Sanders who is definitely a mentally tough kind of guy. We are drafting players who fit the bill now imo.

This year I expect a lot of salary cap space to be freed up. We will keep who we can but we still need to get some mentally tough offensive players imo

A big unfortunately is DT is mentally weak and we just signed him to a big money long term contract.
    Last edited by Hadez; 12-24-2015, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    Pretty sure Shanahan hired his buddy to be OC after Kubes left to go to Houston. It was not dennison.

I was led to believe that he was the OL coach in Houston a position he was assistant OL coach in Denver with Gubbs being the head OL honcho for most of the time here.

There was some talk about Rick being the HC after Mike was fired. That Pat liked him as he was well regarded with a brilliant mind.
    Rick Dennison was OC in Denver 2006-2008, in Houston 2010-2013 and in Denver now.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    Pretty sure Shanahan hired his buddy to be OC after Kubes left to go to Houston. It was not dennison.

I was led to believe that he was the OL coach in Houston a position he was assistant OL coach in Denver with Gubbs being the head OL honcho for most of the time here.

There was some talk about Rick being the HC after Mike was fired. That Pat liked him as he was well regarded with a brilliant mind.
    Who's Shanahan's "buddy"?

Dennison did actually interview for the HC job after Shanahan was fired. I think he interviewed for it again after McDoof was fired too.

Rick was indeed the OC after Kubiak. See his career history here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Dennison

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Hard to say. He was the OC here in Denver from '06-'08 -the Cutler years- but Shanahan always had a heavy hand in offensive gameplanning, of course.

He was also the OC in Houston from '10-'13 when they made the playoffs, but Kubes may have been calling the plays, not sure.

I think he's up in the booth analyzing the defense and comunicating that back down to Kubes. He might be trying to help struggling departments too, the WR's and OL coaches.

Leave a comment:

• Broncs4life75
    replied
    I understand everyone's frustration, but we all need to relax. The Denver Broncos played a hard fought game last Sunday against one of the better teams in the NFL on the road in one of the toughest places to play....and with a QB who is just learning what it means to be a starter in this league. We haven't played our perfect game yet all year...when we do, look out!
    Let's go Bronco fans, now is not the time to give up hope!

Leave a comment:

• River Side
    replied
    Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Where's the power runner and offensive line to make that work? Injured. We faced a defense with the 31st ranked pass defense and 5th ranked run defense, and you want to run more with Hillman, telegraphing the play with an extra lineman.
    You play with the team you have, not one you wish you had. Belicheat inserts burger flippers and gets 200'yards out of them. If we don't have the power runner it's the coaches job to acquire one. Commitment to run doesn't mean you stop tying the opposite team ranks better in protection. How's that 31st rank pass defense looking now?

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    #broncos CJ Anderson said "don't blame coaches. It's on us to execute. I play my role. I didn't make the plays i had"

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by River Side View Post
    By not running more and giving up when one rush doesn't earn enough yards. Where was the extra blocker for Hillman all game. Several time stretch run plays were used in the second half only to find Hillman tangled with the extra lineman who wasn't blocked. We were told this offensive philosophy is predicated on establishing a run game. Where's the commitment?
    Where's the power runner and offensive line to make that work? Injured. We faced a defense with the 31st ranked pass defense and 5th ranked run defense, and you want to run more with Hillman, telegraphing the play with an extra lineman.

Leave a comment:

• River Side
    replied
    Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
    LMAO - please explain to everyone how Kubiak has "Abandoned the run game"?.
    By not running more and giving up when one rush doesn't earn enough yards. Where was the extra blocker for Hillman all game. Several time stretch run plays were used in the second half only to find Hillman tangled with the extra lineman who wasn't blocked. We were told this offensive philosophy is predicated on establishing a run game. Where's the commitment?

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    You can say what you will about Manning's pick 6's but at the end of the day they cost us 1 game - KC. I put the Indy game on Talib's foolishness as much as Manning. And yes, thank God for our defense who bailed us out in those games. Like they bailed out Brock in the SD game and the CHI game but couldn't overcome in the OAK or PIT game.

Manning hasn't been playing so what do you account for our offensive collapse these past 2 games. Can't blame it on Manning as much as everyone would love to.

How do you explain only scoring 10 points against SD? How do you explain not being able to score more than 4 FGs against OAK? How do you explain collapsing once again in the 2nd half against PIT?
    Bad karma?

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
    I haven't been overly impressed with Kubiak so far and his version of offense, especially abandoning the run game. I also have been unhappy with his lack of adjustments on the offense to put us in a position to win. I wonder though if part of the issue is that he is keeping everything so very basic for Osweiler? I am unsure, but his comment that "we are starting over" kind of hit me wrong. I guess we will see how the season plays out and go from there.
    I was hoping that the running game would show up, since most of the existing OL from last year played about 40%or more in the ZBS.

But then NONE of them made the cut or MADE the CUT in the operating room.

I can not fathom why anyone really thought that changing the

A.) OFFENSE basically from the ground up

B.) a totally different OL from last year

that this would be a championship team.

When they started tinkering with the OL in OTAs and TC I pretty much wrote this season off when Clady and TY went down and harris moved to OLT that was the time for a Hail Mary. over and done unless NE collapsed as this team is mentally tough enough to win in NE in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I dont think Kubes anticipated Manning doing his best Matt Schaub impression with all the pick 6s.
    You can say what you will about Manning's pick 6's but at the end of the day they cost us 1 game - KC. I put the Indy game on Talib's foolishness as much as Manning. And yes, thank God for our defense who bailed us out in those games. Like they bailed out Brock in the SD game and the CHI game but couldn't overcome in the OAK or PIT game.

Manning hasn't been playing so what do you account for our offensive collapse these past 2 games. Can't blame it on Manning as much as everyone would love to.

How do you explain only scoring 10 points against SD? How do you explain not being able to score more than 4 FGs against OAK? How do you explain collapsing once again in the 2nd half against PIT?
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-22-2015, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by njmanningfan View Post
    It goes both ways. Kubiet took over one of the best teams this year. If Broncos does not make the playoff, Kubiet should take some blame. We should set up appropriate expectation for Kubiet and it can't be 8 years with sub .50 record.
    I dont think Kubes anticipated Manning doing his best Matt Schaub impression with all the pick 6s.

Leave a comment:

• XterraRob
    replied
    Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
    I haven't been overly impressed with Kubiak so far and his version of offense, especially abandoning the run game. I also have been unhappy with his lack of adjustments on the offense to put us in a position to win. I wonder though if part of the issue is that he is keeping everything so very basic for Osweiler? I am unsure, but his comment that "we are starting over" kind of hit me wrong. I guess we will see how the season plays out and go from there.
    LMAO - please explain to everyone how Kubiak has "Abandoned the run game"?

The starting over comment is your typical press conference phrase: "Back to the drawing board".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X