No announcement yet.

Post game rants --- Broncos and Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it was only 5 yards so it didn't matter much, but could the Broncos have challenged the fact the ball was still "live" because the defender had stepped out of bounds while contacting the ball, and thus there shouldn't have been any "illegal substitution" penalty for the Broncos coming on to the field.

Comment

• There were multiple defenders around the ball when he improvised and reached in to get it. If he muffs it while improvising its a huge play there way when its already our ball.IMO way to risky and not an intelligent play. It almost worked out for us but if I'm special teams coach I tell him don't do it again.:2cents:

That said, I liked the way he runs and I would like to see him have more returns, just not take those type of chances.
      Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-22-2015, 01:27 PM.
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
        There were multiple defenders around the ball when he improvised and reached in to get it. If he muffs it while improvising its a huge play there way when its already our ball.IMO way to risky and not an intelligent play. It almost worked out for us but if I'm special teams coach I tell him don't do it again.:2cents:

That said, I liked the way he runs and I would like to see him have more returns, just not take those type of chances.
        Actually wasn't risky at all. Once Pittsburgh touched the ball returner could pick up ball without any risk. Even if he muffs the ball and Pittsburgh recovered it still stays Denver ball.

Comment

There were multiple defenders around the ball when he improvised and reached in to get it. If he muffs it while improvising its a huge play there way when its already our ball.IMO way to risky and not an intelligent play. It almost worked out for us but if I'm special teams coach I tell him don't do it again.:2cents:

I'd agree, odds say that's a turnover more times then a touchdown. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If he fumbles shortly after picking up that ball were all barking up a different tree.

One thing I will note as it shows the effort he's ( Norwood ) trying a put in when he's on the field.
          :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

• Originally posted by JETD98 View Post
            Actually wasn't risky at all. Once Pittsburgh touched the ball returner could pick up ball without any risk. Even if he muffs the ball and Pittsburgh recovered it still stays Denver ball.
            As far as I know, if the recieving team player so much as touches that ball when its still live, regardless of who touched it first, and then loses possession to the kicking team it is considered a change of possession and goes to the kicking team I would like to see the rule that says its not.

Comment

As far as I know, if the recieving team player so much as touches that ball when its still live, regardless of who touched it first, and then loses possession to the kicking team it is considered a change of possession and goes to the kicking team I would like to see the rule that says its not.
              Google First touching. When a kicking team is first to touch the ball on a punt it is a violation and ball is still live till the whistle is blows the ball dead. And receiving team can pick up ball if it is. It blown dead. If receiving team advances ball the receiving team gets the choice of ball at first touching spot or where play ends. If the returner fumbles and kicking team recovers ball will be placed back at spot of first touching. The only thing that would make the fumble stand is if return team commited a penalty after the the kicking team recovers the ball.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/12_Rule9_Scrimmage_Kick.pdf
              Last edited by JETD98; 12-22-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Google First touching. When a kicking team is first to touch the ball on a punt it is a violation and ball is still live till the whistle is blows the ball dead. And receiving team can pick up ball if it is. It blown dead. If receiving team advances ball the receiving team gets the choice of ball at first touching spot or where play ends. If the returner fumbles and kicking team recovers ball will be placed back at spot of first touching. The only thing that would make the fumble stand is if return team commited a penalty after the the kicking team recovers the ball.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...mmage_Kick.pdf
                CPS I stand corrected and in that case, great play.And thanks for correction and info Jet

Comment

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...mmage_Kick.pdf
                  +1 whenever I get to a pc.
                  Can't CP on mobile or I just don't know how.
                  :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

Working...
                  X