No announcement yet.

What a strange situation to be in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would argue that our defense lacks a true leader. Von is a great player who seems content with letting his play do the talking. Guys like Harris and Talib are truly great players, but don't seem to lead that defense. I think our D is loaded with talent but no one really takes control of the huddle. I think this is one of the primary reasons why our defense commits some of those undisciplined penalties late in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      I agree with this but one of our pillars in Defense people are wanting ot get rid of- Ware.
      I was listening to sports radio in Boston and they were discussing the Odell Beckem story today. They were asking what teams have leaders and whether that would fly. They went through different teams and said if that happened with the Broncos, my guy, and our guy, DeMarcus Ware, would never allow that for one single second. They said he and other leaders would pull Odell aside and give him a piece of their minds and tell Odell to get his crap together.

Sometimes it pays to have a guy like Ware on your team for leadership purposes.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

So when are we going to hear about a team meeting of the players to get their minds right?

Let's be honest losses like the past two weeks is unacceptable, and someone should be saying that.

I am exhausted of the comment, "we made mistakes and we need to fix them and they will be fixed".

I want some emotional leadership, I want to hear "kicking and screaming" and see it translate to the field.
        :logo: Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does. :logo:

Comment

This team is rather devoid of leadership tbh....And what leaders we do have (harris and a few others on the D) are pointing fingers and letting their frustration get the best of them. Sanders is a leader, but IMO I've never seen him be a vocal leader. We don't have Shannon Sharpes or Rod Smiths or TD's on this team...There are no vocal in your face players that are going to call you out when you need it...We're as soft in leadership as we are on the field.
          sigpic

Comment

That's why Peyton Manning needs to return.
            I believe.

Comment

The only true leadership that would be helpful for the offense is Manning as that is the roll he has played since he arrived. Sanders has sure been doing his thing, DT not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
                So when are we going to hear about a team meeting of the players to get their minds right?

Let's be honest losses like the past two weeks is unacceptable, and someone should be saying that.

I am exhausted of the comment, "we made mistakes and we need to fix them and they will be fixed".

I want some emotional leadership, I want to hear "kicking and screaming" and see it translate to the field.
                You already heard it..Hows it working out..haha

Comment

The Broncos Offense needs some Elmers Glue

Comment

Guys I was at the game (close to home), im sick what happened! We were in the drivers seat for home filed, now we are fighting to just win our division!! I said this all along that Peyton was the key and Brock is not ready or the future of anything!! The defense was on the field the entire second half yesterday, reguardless how good you are, no d can last that long! If we don't beat Cincy without Dalton, we don't deserve to win the division or even make the playoffs!!! Totally disappointed in this team, coaches and administration!!!! Including J.E.!!!

Comment

Borh games will be tough... and close... and with our offense... anything is possible. Remember, SD plays this Thursday. They will have 10 days to prepare for DEN... Rivers plays well in DEN... KC waxed them the first game them barely pulled out a win the next time. They just crushed MIA.. SD will play hard to spoil our season, they will have nothing to lose, and we will be coming off an emotional game vs a physical team... on a short work week. I think we win out.... But i am not confident.

Comment

1st round bye - was always about beating Cincinnati

The goal is still there & within our own control, sure we lost a couple tough games & we did have control of the #1 seed but...

We were never going to get either the #1 or #2 seed without beating the bengals anyway even had we beat the stealers which most everyone had us losing to anyway...it was the raider one that hurt but again we still would have needed to beat cincy.

Bottom line is this...if we can't win what really can be considered "a playoff game" on monday night at home & then take care of the chargers, well then i guess we really aren't a playoff worthy team anyway.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          The goal is still there & within our own control, sure we lost a couple tough games & we did have control of the #1 seed but...

We were never going to get either the #1 or #2 seed without beating the bengals anyway even had we beat the stealers which most everyone had us losing to anyway...it was the raider one that hurt but again we still would have needed to beat cincy.

Bottom line is this...if we can't win what really can be considered "a playoff game" on monday night at home & then take care of the chargers, well then i guess we really aren't a playoff worthy team anyway.
                          :clap: ...

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Like our 97 season we lost back to back vs Pittsburgh & SF. I remember we had a split locker room after Romo spit in JJ Stokes face. Elway called a meeting and we went on to win it all as a wildcard.
                            We get the 2 seed we most likely get another look at KC or Pittsburgh at home. I'm not afraid of eithe of those teams. Sure they can beat us but we can beat both them if we protect the football and do our thing on defense.
                            Then we would head to NE where I think this team will show up and give them a fight.
                            1 Game at time, Cincy is a very good football team.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Like our 97 season we lost back to back vs Pittsburgh & SF. I remember we had a split locker room after Romo spit in JJ Stokes face. Elway called a meeting and we went on to win it all as a wildcard.
                              We get the 2 seed we most likely get another look at KC or Pittsburgh at home. I'm not afraid of eithe of those teams. Sure they can beat us but we can beat both them if we protect the football and do our thing on defense.
                              Then we would head to NE where I think this team will show up and give them a fight.
                              1 Game at time, Cincy is a very good football team.
                              Haha Romo was a psycho but I couldn't help but love the guy. Well everything except the racist stuff, that's never okay or cool obviously.
                              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

I would prefer choking next week than getting waxed in Foxboro... Go win the next two.... Then we can believe this team has a chance. If not, hope for the complete collapse and the better draft pick.

Not happy about fact SD plays Thursday night... Ten days to prepare... And we play Monday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X