This season reminds me of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season reminds me of...

This season reminds me of the 2012 Ravens. The Ravens were 1-4 over the last 5 games that year. We were at the game when the Broncos soundly defeated the Ravens in week 15 in Baltimore. We painfully remember what happened in our home playoff game.

I bring this up because just about everyone wrote off the Ravens that year - how they weren't playing with momentum going into the playoffs. We all know what happened as the Ravens went on a playoff run and ultimately won the Super Bowl over the 49rs.

Our D broke down a bit against the Steelers however I believe that will make them stronger by learning from the break downs. Our D is better than the 2012 Ravens.

The offense put 4 TDs on the Steelers in the first half in a very loud and hostile stadium - we were there. Of course the O needs to adjust and figure out how to finish tough games.

I'm not saying the Broncos will finish 1-4 over the last 5 games as I'm optimistic the team can finish with back to back wins.

A lot of people are writing off the Broncos and we are positioned to make the same run as the Ravens.

Stay positive Broncos faithful!

So your saying if we replaced our OC week 15 we would be ok?
    Let's Ride!

Comment

No just n general the way things have gone remind me of that season for the Ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        So your saying if we replaced our OC week 15 we would be ok?
        "So you're saying there's a chance!" Dumb and Dumber.

Comment

I am sad to say that this team reminds me more of the 2013 Chiefs. Started out hot. Defense was winning games their offense couldn't win, then in the second half of the season it fell apart. Finished 11-5, got humiliated by the Colts, blowing a 28 point lead or something like that. I hope I am wrong, but that is why I am reminded of.

Comment

Huh....reminds me alot more of the 2008 Broncos than it does the 2012 Ravens, unfortunately....

Comment

Reminds me more of the 2006 Broncos. All we had to do was win ONE of our last three remaining games to wrap up the division. We lost all three to supposedly inferior teams and handed the AFCW to San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                It's a fair comparison. The Ravens were a deeply flawed team that had an incredible run of luck right when they needed it. Obviously being similar to them doesn't guarantee Denver will win a Super Bowl, or even make it particularly likely. A lot of other teams have looked like the 2012 Ravens going into the playoffs, and met bad endings. But it does go to show that some years, the team that wins the Super Bowl isn't particularly great.
                Nothing lucky about it.

I was gutted when they beat us but they deserve all the credit in the world. To win in Denver and NE was an incredible feat and Flacco put together a remarkable run of performances to go with a very good D and running game.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                  Reminds me more of the 2006 Broncos. All we had to do was win ONE of our last three remaining games to wrap up the division. We lost all three to supposedly inferior teams and handed the AFCW to San Diego.
                  I don't think we are anything like that team. That was one of the worst D's in the history of the Broncos, this team has the best D in the league.

Comment

Reminds me of the 1997 Broncos, beat by the Chiefs and Steelers only to face them again in the playoffs and beat them in the playoffs on the way to winning a SB, regular season record of 12-4:thumb:
                    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-22-2015, 02:38 PM.
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      Nothing lucky about it.

I was gutted when they beat us but they deserve all the credit in the world. To win in Denver and NE was an incredible feat and Flacco put together a remarkable run of performances to go with a very good D and running game.
                      There is always luck involved. I remember an immediate no call on a PI against them in the first drive. We were down to our last running back (sound familiar) and they kept piling on Moreno's legs after the whistle.

Then there was the kneel down. That's one of the coldest experiences I have ever had.
                      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                        This season reminds me of the 2012 Ravens. The Ravens were 1-4 over the last 5 games that year. We were at the game when the Broncos soundly defeated the Ravens in week 15 in Baltimore. We painfully remember what happened in our home playoff game.

I bring this up because just about everyone wrote off the Ravens that year - how they weren't playing with momentum going into the playoffs. We all know what happened as the Ravens went on a playoff run and ultimately won the Super Bowl over the 49rs.

Our D broke down a bit against the Steelers however I believe that will make them stronger by learning from the break downs. Our D is better than the 2012 Ravens.

The offense put 4 TDs on the Steelers in the first half in a very loud and hostile stadium - we were there. Of course the O needs to adjust and figure out how to finish tough games.

I'm not saying the Broncos will finish 1-4 over the last 5 games as I'm optimistic the team can finish with back to back wins.

A lot of people are writing off the Broncos and we are positioned to make the same run as the Ravens.

Stay positive Broncos faithful!
                        I appreciate the thread and your intentions.
                        I remember that team had Suggs and Lewis return for the playoff run, and their leadership was huge. That team also had some issues on the oline all year but came together and played great vs the pass rushes of Denver, NE, and SF.
                        I do see some Flacco in Brock, Rice in CJ and we have better receivers. On defense we need Ware and Wards leadership down the stretch and facing Pittsburgh with Stewart and TJ is alot different than with a one legged Bruton and Josh Bush.
                        My wife loves shows with drama and since we got married has fallen in love with the broncos. She says the drama in football is the hardest one week you are Superbowl bound the next it's over.
                        I hope we can all look back at this moment when we were 3-4 in are last 7 games and remeber a switch was turned on or a change began. Against Cincy last year was when I really worried about our team Manning had his worse game as a Bronco, I'm hoping Monday we play our best game and Brock gets through his second half struggles.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great comment on the drama. We were at the game and the loss was gut wrenching.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            I don't think we are anything like that team. That was one of the worst D's in the history of the Broncos, this team has the best D in the league.
                            Actually, Denver started 2006 with a 7-2 record. Injuries started mounting on the defensive side, a QB controversy with Plummer and Cutler. They finished 2-5, losing to SF in the end which put them out of the playoffs. Denvers D finished 14th in yards and 8th in points. Not bad, not great either. Offense was 17th in points, 21st in yards.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                              Actually, Denver started 2006 with a 7-2 record. Injuries started mounting on the defensive side, a QB controversy with Plummer and Cutler. They finished 2-5, losing to SF in the end which put them out of the playoffs. Denvers D finished 14th in yards and 8th in points. Not bad, not great either. Offense was 17th in points, 21st in yards.
                              I must have the wrong year. I was thinking of the KO one where we dropped the last 3 and got smashed in SD in the last game, sure we gave up around 50

Comment

Working...
                              X