This season reminds me of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I must have the wrong year. I was thinking of the KO one where we dropped the last 3 and got smashed in SD in the last game, sure we gave up around 50
    I think that was Shannys last year, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
      I think that was Shannys last year, 2008
      Ah gotcha, sadly there have been a few bad ends to the season

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
        We probably disagree fundamentally about how much luck is involved in football to begin with, but I'll just say that Baltimore got some pretty incredible calls throughout that run and Flacco had a level of success throwing deep that he hasn't come close to replicating over the long run.
        Flacco is similar to Eli, had an incredible playoff run (or 2 in Eli's case) but has not produced enough quality play over his career

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
          Reminds me more of the 2006 Broncos. All we had to do was win ONE of our last three remaining games to wrap up the division. We lost all three to supposedly inferior teams and handed the AFCW to San Diego.
          It was 2008 when the Broncos needed 1 win in the last 3 games to win the division, and they lost all 3 (Carolina, Buffalo, and San Diego). That year the team had a terrible defense but a good offense that McDaniels gutted the next year

In 2006 the Broncos won in week 15 and 16 after losing the previous 4 games, they were added by a missed extra point which would've tied the game in Week 16. They had no chance of winning the division by that point in season, after week 11 when they blew a 24-7 lead against the Chargers. (San Diego finished 14-2 that year). They needed a win week 17 against a poor 49ers team, but lost in OT after once again blowing a lead.

Definitely some similarities to 2006, both years a struggling aging QB was replaced, both years the offense struggled most of the season, both years featured good defenses, and both years the team had a bad habit of blowing leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            It was 2008 when the Broncos needed 1 win in the last 3 games to win the division, and they lost all 3 (Carolina, Buffalo, and San Diego). That year the team had a terrible defense but a good offense that McDaniels gutted the next year

In 2006 the Broncos won in week 15 and 16 after losing the previous 4 games, they were added by a missed extra point which would've tied the game in Week 16. They had no chance of winning the division by that point in season, after week 11 when they blew a 24-7 lead against the Chargers. (San Diego finished 14-2 that year). They needed a win week 17 against a poor 49ers team, but lost in OT after once again blowing a lead.

Definitely some similarities to 2006, both years a struggling aging QB was replaced, both years the offense struggled most of the season, both years featured good defenses, and both years the team had a bad habit of blowing leads.
            Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
            Huh....reminds me alot more of the 2008 Broncos than it does the 2012 Ravens, unfortunately....

Yea, like I was saying....this definitely feels like 2008....

Comment

This season actually reminds me of 2008. Three game lead with three games left. We lost out and didn't go to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I remember being at the game in Carolina followed by the loss to he Bills and Chargers. Was that game against the Chargers the one that Cutler got into a spat with Rivers?

Comment

Working...
                X