Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Proffotballtalk.com brought up something interesting. Why not rotate QB's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I just saw that game on Youtube. What in Gods name was Reeves thinking? I was that game as well, my very first game. It was friggin cold!
    He did that because when he played for Dallas they did that with Staubach and Morton, so it was one of many ideas (and players) that he brought from his Dallas days to Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    oz is doing really well behind probably the worst o-line in the nfl. Losing 2 ot and the injures has really crippled us at a spot we had little depth

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I was in the stands when Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore rotated plays against the Cowboys. Horrible idea.
    I just saw that game on Youtube. What in Gods name was Reeves thinking? I was that game as well, my very first game. It was friggin cold!

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by orangnbluxpress View Post
    Won't the kids confidence be shot when they name Manning the starter tomorrow?
    If that's all it takes to destroy his confidence, he doesn't belong in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    When in the history of the NFL has that ever worked?

Leave a comment:

• orangnbluxpress
    replied
    Won't the kids confidence be shot when they name Manning the starter tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Instead of having two different QBs play each half, how about we get 2 different coaches for each half. Kubiak can coach the 1st half and then can we get Bill Bellichick or Bruce Arians on speaker phone or Face Time and have either of them coach the 2nd half? I think that would probably work out better for us.
    I like the way you're thinking!!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Instead of having two different QBs play each half, how about we get 2 different coaches for each half. Kubiak can coach the 1st half and then can we get Bill Bellichick or Bruce Arians on speaker phone or Face Time and have either of them coach the 2nd half? I think that would probably work out better for us.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    rotating between OZ and Manning is one of the worst ideas I have heard. Adjusting and allowing for the Qb to be able to view the field is the only way we will get through this with OZ right now. The steelers did the same thing as the Raiders did to us. And again we did nothing.....

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I was in the stands when Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore rotated plays against the Cowboys. Horrible idea.
    who?

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    Or better yet, put two quarterbacks in the backfield at the same time. Defenses will be confused. Denver wins the Super Bowl. This is a ridiculous idea which has never worked at the NFL level.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by jonk01 View Post
    Since these headlines of Peyton coming back are going nowhere, Kubiak said wait till Wednesday. And today he's going to name Osweiler the starter. And maybe he should. He played GREAT last week..... at least in the 1st half he did. But the Broncos are just saying there's a chance that Peyton could come back just to satisfy the media.

however,profootballtalk.com brought up something interesting. instead of this controversy that's really not a controversy at all,Kubiak knows who his starter is.

Why not just rotate QB's?. Osweiler is struggling BIG TIME in the 2nd half. And Peyton is at least good enough in the state he is in to play good for one half. Think about it. Now I know that rotating QB's isn't usually a good idea.

But if Osweiler/Peyton are stuggling,one could come in place for the other. BOOM!, controversy over.

But that does mess up the team chemistry, though. Anyways what are ya'll thoughts?.

Here's the link by the way http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ow-about-both/
    That's a great plan! It worked well for Staubach and Morton!

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Talk about a way to ruin a kids confidence...Hey kid, great half, but we don't trust you enough to finish out so we're putting Manning in there.... Not to mention that Manning is a rhythm passer so you are basically asking a guy that thrives on building a rhythm in the passing game to come in cold and play well....

This is a TERRIBLE idea. Pick a starter (Brock or Manning) and stick with it...This would be doomed to failure from the very start.
    Exactly. The sports world needs to get over it and move on. All these zany, lame brain ideas are only because of his name. As I said before, no one would care or imply this much silliness if his name were Nick Foles or Colin Kapernick.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by jonk01 View Post
    Since these headlines of Peyton coming back are going nowhere, Kubiak said wait till Wednesday. And today he's going to name Osweiler the starter. And maybe he should. He played GREAT last week..... at least in the 1st half he did. But the Broncos are just saying there's a chance that Peyton could come back just to satisfy the media.

however,profootballtalk.com brought up something interesting. instead of this controversy that's really not a controversy at all,Kubiak knows who his starter is.

Why not just rotate QB's?. Osweiler is struggling BIG TIME in the 2nd half. And Peyton is at least good enough in the state he is in to play good for one half. Think about it. Now I know that rotating QB's isn't usually a good idea.

But if Osweiler/Peyton are stuggling,one could come in place for the other. BOOM!, controversy over.

But that does mess up the team chemistry, though. Anyways what are ya'll thoughts?.

Here's the link by the way http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ow-about-both/
    Talk about a way to ruin a kids confidence...Hey kid, great half, but we don't trust you enough to finish out so we're putting Manning in there.... Not to mention that Manning is a rhythm passer so you are basically asking a guy that thrives on building a rhythm in the passing game to come in cold and play well....

This is a TERRIBLE idea. Pick a starter (Brock or Manning) and stick with it...This would be doomed to failure from the very start.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X