Broncos Fans must have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gase reminds me a little of mcdumbass

Young. Offensive mind. Not much known about if he can lead.
    sigpic

Comment

I think if he sticks to head coaching duties and does not demand all kinds of power and control such as a GM you'll be alright.

Comment

While here, he publicly admitted that he didn't know how to develop a creative gameplan to keep defenses guessing. He admitted that when Elway wanted to move toward a run heavy or more balanced team last year after our loss to the Rams.

I give him credit for acknowledging what his strengths and weaknesses were and for seeking assistance to become a better coach. Not sure it was the best idea to do so publicly though, But that's just me.

I'm sure he learned a great deal from our real OC, Peyton Manning. Not sure how he did in CHI with Cutler this year as a play caller but I did see improvement in Cutler but they still had a losing record under Fox & Gase.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
          Hi Finfan,

Obviously your job is easy when you have Peyton Manning, Julius Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, a strong o-line and good backs. It's a little hard to evaluate just how strong Gase was for that reason, except to say that he did a great job of putting his guys in a scheme appropriate for their skillset.

(rant)This is much better than I can say for our current coaching regime, who would opt to run the ball against stacked boxes simply for the sake of "balance." The staff who would rather put Peyton in a huddle and strip him of the mental part of his game, just cuz (short rant over)

Some would say the offense became a bit predictable with Gase, and that showed up a few times. We played a game last year against Cincy where they showed a look, knew exactly what Peyton would audible to, and then adjusted their D the last second to take that play away...on well more than one play. That's partly on Peyton and on the coaches. That said, everyone always says the plays are "predictable" after the fact. Plus, coaches/players aren't immovable objects incapable of learning. Overall, I thought Gase did a job and many of the same players that are still here executed better when Gase was around than they are this year. We usually just drop passes this year. Maybe a coincidence.

I didn't have complaints against Gase, he seemed pretty knowledgeable. Unclear how he will be as a head coach. I think Fox and Del Rio are viewed a bit more harshly in Denver, and would blame them over Gase for giving up on the team last year as other jobs popped up.
          Oh man I miss that team.

Comment

I just did a quick check and see that the Bears ranked 21st in 2014 & 2015 so I don't see that Gase had much of an impact except Jay seemed a bit more mature. What i don't get is that very few or none are looking at Mike Shanahan or Brian Billick. With Billick , I don't know if he wants to coach, but look up his record. As to Mike, I think he has been a bit humbled the last few years and he has a fine pedigree. Good Luck
            Bronco Bob

Comment

Von Miller, Chris Harris named to NFL all-pro teams

Outside linebacker Von Miller was named a first-team all-pro selection for the second time in his career Friday. Cornerback Chris Harris was a second-team all-pro choice for the second straight year.

Miller led the Broncos with 11 sacks and 32 quarterback hits. He's been a first or second team selection in four of his five NFL seasons.

"It's a great day," Miller said.

He credited the Broncos' defense and outside linebacker coach Fred Pagac for "coaching me how I needed to be coached."

Along with his sacks and quarterback hits, Miller also drew a large number of holding calls.

"He's got great explosion. He's tremendously quick off the ball probably the quickest in the league," defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said.

Harris played over 1,000 snaps, most on the Broncos' defense.

He finished with 58 tackles, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and six pass deflections.

Harris admitted his numbers looked better last season, but felt 2015 was more impressive because of the amount of man coverage Denver played.

"There's a lot of responsibility on us to make a lot of plays because if I don't play good we usually lose," Harris said.

He said he believed one bad game, Pittsburgh, kept him from making the first-team.

Miller, Harris and Phillips all felt that more players on the Broncos' defense should have been selected.

"I'm surprised the No. 1 defense didn't get someone in the secondary (on the 1st-team all-pro team)," Phillips said. "When you give up the least passing yards somebody's covering someone and we play a lot of man."

Phillips mentioned both Harris and cornerback Aqib Talib as players he would have chosen on the first team.

Talib and linebacker Brandon Marshall were the other Broncos players to receive votes, but not enough to be chosen to either all-pro team.

"That's real suspect right there," Harris said.

The Panthers led the NFL with six first-team all-pro selections.

Denver has used the lack of national recognition of their defense as motivation throughout the season and they expect that to continue throughout the playoffs.

The Associated Press puts out the annual teams based on how the players perform in the current season.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ed-nfl-all-pro
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Gase works only if you have a talent like Manning to execute and teach him what works. In Denver he was able to use Manning's existing talents and run with them....without that I am not sure he is all that. competent maybe but likely a guy who hangs around a few years , disappoints and then moves on.

Comment

Gase was a Manning lackey. If you want a competent OC, hire Manning. Gase was just along for the ride.
                  sigpic

Comment

They could have named the entire defense: Jackson, Trevathan, Marshall, Wolve, Williams, Davis, Ray, and numerous others. The entire squad is a monster.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      Gase was a Manning lackey. If you want a competent OC, hire Manning. Gase was just along for the ride.
                      Plus 1+ (so was Fox...along for the ride until he was exposed at the SB)

Comment

Love watching Chris, Von, and Talib hold down their end of the field every single week. Was literally laughing out loud when Talib got burned last week by a ROOKIE. These guys have such great poise and confidence. Love the attitude going into the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by tonray View Post
                          Plus 1+ (so was Fox...along for the ride until he was exposed at the SB)
                          Fox just wore the headset and the hat.
                          sigpic

Comment

And stood in the sidelines and clapped cause he had no idea what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mr lee View Post
                              Love watching Chris, Von, and Talib hold down their end of the field every single week. Was literally laughing out loud when Talib got burned last week by a ROOKIE. These guys have such great poise and confidence. Love the attitude going into the post season.
                              Your post is confusing. You go from love to hate to love with seemingly no transition. But, anyway. I'm hoping I've misunderstood your comment about talib being "burned by a rookie". I hope you were being sarcastic. If you were watching or know what "being burned by a receiver" actually means. Then you would know that talib made a mistake by trying to jump the underneath route while he was supposed to have deep third or deep fourth (can't remember if there were two safeties). This is the type of play talib has made in the past. However, he did it too quickly and this left his guy wide open in his deep corner while also giving Phillip enough time to recognize and get rid of it. This had absolutely nothing to do with the receiver "beating" talib. He literally ran straight like anyone in the league is capable of doing. It isn't like he beat talib running stride for stride next to each other or on a double move that talib fell for.

So when someone is "burnt by a receiver" wouldn't you say that it should mean that the receiver actually had something to do with being wide open? In this case, the receiver deserves 1% of the credit. I give 1% because there are occasions (Eric decker) where the receiver falls over grass.

Didn't mean to make my post this long. Especially if you were joking about talib being burnt by a rookie. But, on the chance you weren't. Please just know what you're talking about before posting.

Comment

I'm not sure the headset was connected to anything....they just played soothing music to help him be in a 'special' place...

Comment

Working...
                                X