Broncos Fans must have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    If they get him a quality defensive coordinator he would be alright. I think they would be better served to hire Mike Shanahan myself. Someone who can make that good young QB into a great young QB.
    So long as Shanahan has limited power and control, no GM duties, and he has a good DC, he could get that team back in contention. He was always a good chess player vs. Bellycheat too.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
    2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I think Gase is a little underrated around these parts. You'll hear him get knocked for being a puppet in Manning's "offense". I don't think it's that simple, I won't call him instrumental to that success, but he definitely was a big part IMO. There's a reason Manning was reportedly miffed he left, and he drew HC exposure so quickly.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
        his play calling and style became extremely predictable and boring.
        Said every fan about their offensive coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          I think if he sticks to head coaching duties and does not demand all kinds of power and control such as a GM you'll be alright.
          I think this is Gase's best shot at being a successful HC too. He needs to relinquish play calling duties, surround himself with a solid staff, and use his previous experiences of dealing with different styles of QB to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            If they get him a quality defensive coordinator he would be alright. I think they would be better served to hire Mike Shanahan myself. Someone who can make that good young QB into a great young QB.
            Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
            Man, Shanahan had interviewed for the 'Fins as well. Goes to show how much his stock has fallen. I honestly dont think we will ever see him on the sidelines again.
            It would seem Shanahan was never as effective after Kubiak left for Houston. His stubbornness and iron willed manner alienated those closest to him and he was most remembered for throwing his staff under the bus towards the end of his run in Denver. The Redskins mess speaks for itself.
            [sigpic

Comment

with how good our d is

we need to be able to run the ball. if we can simply run the ball. we are one of the most scary teams in the play offs. our defense could be argued as the best in the nfl. probably only carolina can be in it presense this year. if we can run the ball. we can do some dangerous stuff.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

This is where Manning can shine. Will he check to runs vs trying to win with his arm? He has the knowledge to get the right run in place and as bad as our pass blocking is, our run blocking is better than average.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Stats on KC's D pretty impressive since the 7th game...start of today's game I think they showed #1 takeaways, #2 yards and #2 sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                    Stats on KC's D pretty impressive since the 7th game...start of today's game I think they showed #1 takeaways, #2 yards and #2 sacks.
                    Not seeing a lot of forced turnovers in this game, Hoyer just making some horrible decisions with the ball. KC defense looks good, but Hoyer is making it very easy on them.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                      Not seeing a lot of forced turnovers in this game, Hoyer just making some horrible decisions with the ball. KC defense looks good, but Hoyer is making it very easy on them.
                      Yes indeed. Texans only down 13-0 pretty amazing at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        This is where Manning can shine. Will he check to runs vs trying to win with his arm? He has the knowledge to get the right run in place and as bad as our pass blocking is, our run blocking is better than average.
                        That was the major difference in the game against San Diego. Where Brock wouldn't see a blitz, or a defensive alignment properly, Manning often caught it and checked into runs for positive gains.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                          Right, but since that game against Denver (and a horrifically injured Manning), Kansas City played ZERO teams that finished with a winning record. They are good, but they also had an incredibly soft stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                            Right, but since that game against Denver (and a horrifically injured Manning), Kansas City played ZERO teams that finished with a winning record. They are good, but they also had an incredibly soft stretch.
                            Agree. Any NFL team can compete. Denver has lost a few against "beatable" teams...

Comment

KC is throwing an ugly stick beat-down on Houston right now. I'll be happy to see how they fare against NE.
                              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

That and teams keep giving them the football. That's why Denver lost against them and now look at the Texans. If Denver doesn't turn the ball over, Chiefs would get that spankin should they see Denver in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X