Denver Broncos 2016 opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos 2016 opponents

Presuming we win Sunday ...........................

Home

SD
    KC
    Oakland
    Houston
    Indy
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    NE

Away

SD
    KC
    Oakland
    Jags
    Tennessee
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Cincinnati

You never know what teams will be like, and there are some improving one's on there, but having the 2 south divisions is not a bad thing. We get NE at home which is always good.

I like that schedule. Tampa Bay may be tough next year.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

That might be our 16-0 year if thing play out right. That is a much better schedule then we had this year.

Comment

Is this like 100%? This schedule is insanely easy

Comment

Chargers or raiders may not be in our division next year correct?

Comment

It's impossible to say how tough this schedule will end up being, every April the media overreacts to tough schedules and easy schedules but until the games start actually getting played and we see who is good and who is bad, you never know.

The Jags and Bucs aren't horrible teams this year, just insanely inconsistent, not sure the Jags will ever get there, but I think the Bucs could be pretty good next year. Panthers will be tough, NE is always a decent team. If Indy gets a decent coach and a GM who understands they need help on the lines, not small receivers, they could turn it around. The Falcons look like they can be tough on any given week. The only really easy game I see is New Orleans, I think they'll be in year 1 of a total teardown, no Brees, no Payton, they'll be a completely different organization.

Now, with all of that said, lets look ahead: If Denver wins the Super Bowl, I think they'll open the Thursday night v Carolina (especially if that's the Super Bowl), if the lose in the SB, I think they have them host Indy or Houston on the Sunday night. If there's any other result I think they're about due to be part of the MNF opening, so my guess is either @ Cincy in the early MNF game or @ LA in the late MNF game.

Comment

Why do we play NE every year and not others in the same division?
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                Why do we play NE every year and not others in the same division?
                You play a division and then the two teams in the other divisions that finish in the same spot in the standings that you do, Denver and NE have both won their divisions every year since 2011 (assuming Denver wins on Sunday) so Denver gets matched up with NE because of this.

Comment

The two toughest teams in the AFC South play in Denver.
                  The two toughest teams in the NFC South play in Denver.
                  Of the two extra conference opponents, NE is the harder one and they come to Denver again.

This is GREAT! Assuming these teams stay at roughly the same power rankings as this year.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                    Chargers or raiders may not be in our division next year correct?
                    Some people think their transition to LA (and the mandatory conference switch for one of them) will go more slowly -in a couple of years, or not at all. We'll see...

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

/

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                      That might be our 16-0 year if thing play out right. That is a much better schedule then we had this year.
                      Not if you get the Pats at full strength...15-1 best you can do!!

Comment

If Denver ends up winning even one playoff game they'd have to overpay Osweiller. Less left to keep defense intact. Schedule is ideal for new QB though.

Comment

Originally posted by River Side View Post
                          If Denver ends up winning even one playoff game they'd have to overpay Osweiller. Less left to keep defense intact. Schedule is ideal for new QB though.
                          Yup, as easy as the Pat's schedule was this year. Enter stage right for a Pats fan to come in and get all hot and bothered about this. Total cupcake for them this year.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by fore2213 View Post
                            Not if you get the Pats at full strength...15-1 best you can do!!
                            During the Belichick*/Brady* Era, New England* is 2-6 at Denver. The last time they won in Denver was 12-18-11.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

"Presuming we win Sunday"... Well yeah that's a big assumption.

Again I see a whole lot of people just brushing off Sunday like its a gimme. Not saying you are doing that but, we are discussing a schedule that at this point is not reality.

Not saying we lose against the Chargers but, the Raiders and Steelers games should have taught us to not take any of these games for granted.

IF this is our schedule next year right now it's doesn't look bad at all. But as others have rightly pointed out the NFL is a fluid thing, it changes from year to year. A lesser team now could be formidable next season. You just never know.

Denver could be a team that drops off significantly next year. Every one of those games could be challenging for the Broncos. Or it could be a cake walk but, as fun as it is to discuss this stuff now it's really just complete guessing at this point.
                              Last edited by KansasKrista; 01-02-2016, 10:06 AM.
                              Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X