Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Broncos the worst #1 seed team in NFL history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Broncos the worst #1 seed team in NFL history?

So, Broncos get the #1 seed, thanks to Miami laying it on a fading Pats team. The Broncos enter post season with question marks everywhere, especially on offense. A horrible O line, inconsistent run game, average at best QB play, receivers dropping balls left and right. On the defensive side, a great defense that leads the league in bone headed penalties, injuries everywhere and mental lapses. So, the question begs; are the Broncos the worst #1 seed in recent memory?

Broncos have been learning all year, I like our chances! YAY, #1 seed, anything can happen!

Comment

No. Average QB play and top defense in the league (even WITH stupid penalties ) and a 12 & 4 record. We have won many games only playing one half of football it seems. Imagine how awesome it'll be when we play a full game the way we're capable of? ! I believe we will see the super b wl again.
      Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Comment

I wish I could say that we could beat anyone but I don't think so. Our team offensively is a mess. Our Oline is killing us and our lack of execution and mistakes is horrible. We cannot expect to play a half a game of football and expect to win like this. Not against teams like SEA, NE when healthy, CAR, PIT, etc. I just don't see it. Wish I did and it makes me bummed. I hope I'm wrong as I want to win so badly, but at this point, I just don't believe we can pull it off.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          I wish I could say that we could beat anyone but I don't think so. Our team offensively is a mess. Our Oline is killing us and our lack of execution and mistakes is horrible. We cannot expect to play a half a game of football and expect to win like this. Not against teams like SEA, NE when healthy, CAR, PIT, etc. I just don't see it. Wish I did and it makes me bummed. I hope I'm wrong as I want to win so badly, but at this point, I just don't believe we can pull it off.
          All of those teams are flawed, also. We just don't follow them as closely, so we're not as aware of their flaws. Seattle lost 6 games this year, including a loss against St. Louis last week. You think they're invincible? Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore just last week.

I think there is a lot of parity among all of the playoff teams. Denver has the best defense in football. 2 of their 4 losses were by 3 points. Another loss was by a touchdown. It's no fluke that they're the #1 seed.

Comment

I don't think they are the worst #1 seed. What I think the issue this year is, is the parity in the NFL. Parity in overall talented teams and parity in the fact that everyone seems more banged up this year than normal.

Comment

Maybe after 3-more wins you can start a thread about the Broncos being the worst Superbowl winners?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                Maybe after 3-more wins you can start a thread about the Broncos being the worst Superbowl winners?
                Great post!!!

😄

Comment

I believe we can beat just about anyone but the adjustments needs to come faster. For example if Polumbous was Shcofield's 'replacement' then great why not swap the two after 1 quarter of play and seeing that Schofield is not cutting it...again. This is but one example of an adjustment whic hwas not made.

Comment

Worst OL in NFL history, now worst #1 seed in NFL history. Hey, I don't mind if we become the worst SB champ in NFL history.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Agree with your analysis, although I'd add anyone can catch magic in a bottle. But, look at the teams in the tournament. NE: Healthy they beat us. Cincy: Healthy they beat us. Pitt: ? But they showed they can beat us. KC: You could almost say they beat us twice this year as that first game they womped us until we got some breaks and they fell on their d&&k. Houston: Can't see them beating us in any real way. I think we'll be favored at home against all of the teams, but it won't be overwhelming. I think the league would call it parity, but to all of us football fans it looks like the AFC lacks a dominant team this year.
                      On the positive side, I can't think of a better setup for the Broncos to go to and win the SB than this years' lineup of playoff teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Worst OL in NFL history, now worst #1 seed in NFL history. Hey, I don't mind if we become the worst SB champ in NFL history.
                        Then we can go on to have the worst post-SB parade in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          Then we can go on to have the worst post-SB parade in history.
                          Led by the worst super bowl winning coach of all time, don't forget
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                            So, Broncos get the #1 seed, thanks to Miami laying it on a fading Pats team. The Broncos enter post season with question marks everywhere, especially on offense. A horrible O line, inconsistent run game, average at best QB play, receivers dropping balls left and right. On the defensive side, a great defense that leads the league in bone headed penalties, injuries everywhere and mental lapses. So, the question begs; are the Broncos the worst #1 seed in recent memory?
                            We are underdogs with issues right now and a QB identity crisis. Being home and having 2 weeks to get healthy and on the same page is good though.

While I am not happy with Manning starting it is what it is and I'll support the team regardless. I have no faith in Kubiak though, so I guess Manning running the offense is a silver lining. I wouldn't mind seeing Brock still get some snaps to throw off the teams we play though.

Oh and Schofield needs to be riding bench during these playoffs. I don't care if we replace him with a tackling dummy, I am sick of seeing him on the field.

Comment

Nah, we got this. What's that old adage? Something about defenses I'll take this defense as long as the offense takes care of the ball and puts up enough points to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X