Elway Wants Brock to Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway Wants Brock to Stay

Ran across this Tweet a few minutes ago from Mile High Report that quotes Elway:

"John Elway on with @dmac1043 and @BigAlRadio on Brock Osweiler's contract year: "We're hoping he's here for a long, long time.""

Sounds like Elway is pretty keen on keeping the Brocketeer in orange and blue. Pretty excited at the thought of focusing on keeping our defense intact, building our o-line, and rocking with Brock this next season.

Yeah I was listening to that, pretty good interview. We're lucky to have Elway managing this team

Comment

I think Elway wants him back. But honestly how is he supposed to respond to that kind of question with the season still going on? "No, that guy is not the guy we thought he was. He won't be back" never take these kind of comments at face value. PR speak.
      sigpic

Comment

Heard the interview on the radio and he sounded like he was very interested in keeping him here. It isn't the talent that will be the sticking point, it will be the numbers. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangestJuice View Post
          Ran across this Tweet a few minutes ago from Mile High Report that quotes Elway:

"John Elway on with @dmac1043 and @BigAlRadio on Brock Osweiler's contract year: "We're hoping he's here for a long, long time.""

Sounds like Elway is pretty keen on keeping the Brocketeer in orange and blue. Pretty excited at the thought of focusing on keeping our defense intact, building our o-line, and rocking with Brock this next season.
          That doesn't fit the conspiracy... unless it's the football illuminati making Elway say that things he doesn't really mean.

If Elway didn't think Brock was worth it he'd have brought in someone other than Christian Ponder as an emergency QB.
          Last edited by Rastic; 01-06-2016, 05:11 AM.

Comment

I still think Elway brings in a veteran QB, if anything, to push Brock into the next level. Competetion is good for motivation.

Comment

I hope Brock stays. Looks like a franchise QB. Needs to be in a passing system imo.

Comment

I projected the stats from the 8 games Brock appeared in this year, this show what he was on pace for if he had started all 16 games:

340 of 550 (61.8% comp), 3952 yards, 20 TD, 12 INT, 46 sacks

Something interesting is these numbers are nearly identical to Kyle Orton's numbers in 2009:

336 of 541 (62.1% comp), 3802 yards, 21 TD, 12 INT, 29 sacks

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  I projected the stats from the 8 games Brock appeared in this year, this show what he was on pace for if he had started all 16 games:

340 of 550 (61.8% comp), 3952 yards, 20 TD, 12 INT, 46 sacks

Something interesting is these numbers are nearly identical to Kyle Orton's numbers in 2009:

336 of 541 (62.1% comp), 3802 yards, 21 TD, 12 INT, 29 sacks
                  You're counting the KC and SD games as full games, when he only played a half of each. A more accurate number would come from averaging his numbers over 7 games.

6 full games, 2nd half of Chiefs, first half of chargers = 7 games.

4496 yards, 25 total TDs(2 rushingTDs, 139 yards, 11 first downs - would be top 15 among QBs) 14 ints

55 sacks

I think with a full offseason as the starter, he should have a huge year next year. 4500ish yards, 30-35 TDs and 10-15 ints is a reasonable prediction. A couple rushing TDs as well. Pretty exciting stuff, that's a top 10 QB season
                  Last edited by Papa-pwn; 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                    I hope Brock stays. Looks like a franchise QB. Needs to be in a passing system imo.
                    He's still a rookie when it comes to experience. IMO he needs a good run game to rely on and pass when called on as he learns to read the D's and go through progressions and comes up to the speed of the pro game. He looks good for 6 games in, but still has a ways to go. I think he fits Kubes offense well and if we get the line, a fb and a rb going into next season with him at qb this should be an exciting offense.

I missed the interview
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      You're counting the KC and SD games as full games, when he only played a half of each. A more accurate number would come from averaging his numbers over 7 games.

6 full games, 2nd half of Chiefs, first half of chargers = 7 games.

4496 yards, 25 total TDs(2 rushingTDs, 139 yards, 11 first downs - would be top 15 among QBs) 14 ints

55 sacks

I think with a full offseason as the starter, he should have a huge year next year. 4500ish yards, 30-35 TDs and 10-15 ints is a reasonable prediction. A couple rushing TDs as well. Pretty exciting stuff, that's a top 10 QB season
                      That's true, or we can multiple the 6 full games he played, lots of fun ways to mess with numbers:
                      4237 yards, 62% comp, 21 TD, 8 INT

I think 35 TDs would definitely be a reach next year, I'm thinking in the 20's is more realistic (still good for a second year starter). If the defense stays together and the running game gets more consistent, Brock wouldn't have to do a lot, just keep the turnovers down.

Comment

I hope he does stay. I think he shows a lot of promise. It looks to me like his weaknesses all come from a lack of mental quickness. Not that he's stupid or slow, the game just hasn't slowed down for him yet and that keeps him from playing instinctively on a consistent basis. Give him an off season and a Training Camp (as well as a pre-season) as the starter and I think he's going to look really, really good next year.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

So Elway wants Osweiler back. I don't think there's been any question about that.

The REAL question, however, is does Kubiak want Osweiler back? And does Osweiler want to play for Kubiak?
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm new here and this might have been discussed already but I'm not seeing it. Is there a reason why Peyton and Osweiler don't stand together on the sidelines? Is it some sort of tradition? It appears to me and many of the people I tend to watch with, as if they don't like one another. I would have thought that Peyton would make a good mentor (he says he is in one of his commercials) and that the "new kid" Osweiler should be hanging on every word. And even if not, it seems like a missed opportunity to display team unity by the management not to keep them close together when the cameras are on.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                              I think Elway wants him back. But honestly how is he supposed to respond to that kind of question with the season still going on? "No, that guy is not the guy we thought he was. He won't be back" never take these kind of comments at face value. PR speak.
                              PR speak uses evasions like "we'll meet and evaluate the situation during the offseason" if they're not interested, not enthusiasm as was expressed today.

Paying Brock though and balancing their budget is another matter.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                              2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X