No announcement yet.

Elway Wants Brock to Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without hearing the interview I would think that John Elway is interested in Osweiler staying here, AT THE RIGHT PRICE. I'm sure he'll offer Osweiler a contract that has a decent salary with incentives if he becomes a good starting QB. But I don't think he's going to give him a blank check and cost the team a bunch of defensive players. If some team offers Osweiler $15+ million per year I don't think there's anyway that Elway would even think about matching that.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Bubby Brister is a free agent
      As what these days, a fisherman?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
      2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        It will be up to him but a guy that wants the most dollars and not the best situation to win is about money first not winning. Julius Thomas comes to mind.
        I got the feeling he was not happy with Peyton. Was there truth to that? If you're miserable, you won't stay where you're at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
          I got the feeling he was not happy with Peyton. Was there truth to that? If you're miserable, you won't stay where you're at.
          of course you think that...even though Manning is one of the reasons Julius was ever relevant.

But he is always the villain...

Comment

You got the feeling? Do you know Julius? Where did you get this feeling from? Was it Manning throwing 24 yds to him is that why he was miserable? I'm sure he's happy getting 9 million to put up the same numbers as Owen Daniels this year and not have to play in January. Good Riddance I was miserable watching him run block
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
              of course you think that...even though Manning is one of the reasons Julius was ever relevant.

But he is always the villain...
              Not everyone gets along with him. One of your backups (maybe Latimer) was pretty closed off to Peyton this year from posts on this board. It happens cmc.
              Last edited by Jim Mora; 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's probably right, I'd be pissed at the guy who made me a top paid TE in the league too. Seems reasonable

Comment

How much less are we really going to offer him a year? Like 4-5 million? Why not just take 10mil a year and stay with a team that has a chance to keep making playoff or SB appearances?

Comment

Some people want money more than anything. I would take success and decent money and gat to play in January. Obviously JT took the money and he isn't playing in January, but Manning made him the tight end he was here...he has a habit of making all of his receivers better when they have played with him than before.

Elway would like to keep Brock, but at a bargain price. He has seen he has some ability but he needs experience and polishing. I see a low ball contract that has incentives built in if he becomes a better player. I still believe though that Elway will bring in a FA to force competition to make sure he puts the best person on the field. If he asked Manning to play for 10 million, he will ask Brock to play for less and Brock should take it and stay with this offense/defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
                      How much less are we really going to offer him a year? Like 4-5 million? Why not just take 10mil a year and stay with a team that has a chance to keep making playoff or SB appearances?
                      Who knows. We may not even offer him less. Elway deals out the contracts and he absolutely loves Brock. He may make him an offer he can't refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                        Some people want money more than anything. I would take success and decent money and gat to play in January. Obviously JT took the money and he isn't playing in January, but Manning made him the tight end he was here...he has a habit of making all of his receivers better when they have played with him than before.

Elway would like to keep Brock, but at a bargain price. He has seen he has some ability but he needs experience and polishing. I see a low ball contract that has incentives built in if he becomes a better player. I still believe though that Elway will bring in a FA to force competition to make sure he puts the best person on the field. If he asked Manning to play for 10 million, he will ask Brock to play for less and Brock should take it and stay with this offense/defense.
                        Yeah I doubt all that. Elway obviously loves the kid, and sees all thre progress he's made over the years. He's been following him since he was at ASU. Not to mention seeing firsthand the work ethic and humble attitude Brock brings. Never once complaining about playing time or practice reps. Nothing but doing his job.

If you listen to Elway talk about the guy there's more to it than just the words themselves. It's very obvious he thinks the world of him, and when he said he wants him here "for a long, long time" there was plenty of emphasis.

Elway will do what it takes to keep Brock for the next 10+ years. Low balling him, treating him like bargain goods, and trying to make him one of the lowest paid starters in the league doesn't really seem like something Elway has in mind at all.

I'm expecting no less than a 4 year 60 million deal. Around 25 guaranteed. But going off of how highly Elway seems to think of him, I wouldn't be surprised if Brock's deal exceeded that.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

I'm expecting no less than a 4 year 60 million deal. Around 25 guaranteed. But going off of how highly Elway seems to think of him, I wouldn't be surprised if Brock's deal exceeded that.
                          I would be surprised at that deal. But if that's what Elway offers...I agree he feels strongly about him

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                            I still think Elway brings in a veteran QB, if anything, to push Brock into the next level. Competetion is good for motivation.
                            I've never agreed with this sentiment. If he brings in a vet, it's to be a backup only. That "competition" or "push" never works and always results in a team with two bad QB's. If Brock is the guy, let him be the guy and run T/C. And if he's not the guy, move on and go get the guy.
                            #swapping

Comment

If you have followed Brock you know that he played one year (15 games) of college football, red shirted, played one year and bolted for the NFL. Elway couldn't have followed him long. I know that Elway is a shrewd business man and he has a whole team of players to keep under the barn and we have many defensive players who are already pro-bowl quality and Elway is going to try to keep as many as he can. I am not saying he will "screw" Brock over, but I am sure it will be an offer that comes with incentives and make it a short contract. If he hits his incentives after 2 years, then offer him more but you don't bet the team on a guy who has played 6 games and has shown he needs some experience and time to learn reading defenses. Russell Wilson played cheap and when he showed he was the real deal, he got paid.

Comment

Good call by John Elway. You need a QB to win in this league. Foolish to waste 4 yrs on Brock just to see him leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X