X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    if he stays in Denver, I would be shocked if the guaranteed $ is less than $12M and salary isn't close to $10-15M/year
    Would be a top 7 contract if that is true. You must think he is going to get a Joe Flacco contract.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Regardless of the team that signs him, his cap number will be closer to 5M than 10M, and I would be shocked if there is more than 12M guaranteed.
    if he stays in Denver, I would be shocked if the guaranteed $ is less than $12M and salary isn't close to $10-15M/year

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Regardless of the team that signs him, his cap number will be closer to 5M than 10M, and I would be shocked if there is more than 12M guaranteed.
    I think that sounds about right, but his agent is going to want to make sure, he may re-sign in Denver but I don't think it happens until close to March 1st.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The problem is that Osweiler's agent is going to want to wait until they know what the market will be, at the Combine teams have general conversations with agents "say you have a QB who might be available, well here's what we might want to give a player like that, hypothetically..."

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Perhaps. I do think that the Broncos if they are really serious will want it done sooner than that. There is a finite amount of resources available and the Broncos will want to try and allocate as many of those resources to key position groups as they can.

The problem is that Osweiler's agent is going to want to wait until they know what the market will be, at the Combine teams have general conversations with agents "say you have a QB who might be available, well here's what we might want to give a player like that, hypothetically..."

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by mray View Post
    Elway may "love" the kid, but in the end he will do what is best for the ORGANIZATION
    Exactly!!! My take away from the interview is he feels the talent is there. Everything will come down to numbers. You can only love a guy so much money wise. I doubt Elway hamstrings the club for Os.

Leave a comment:

• mray
    replied
    Elway may "love" the kid, but in the end he will do what is best for the ORGANIZATION

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    You can listen to it here:
    http://www.1043thefan.com/2016/01/05...way-the-drive/

Or here (and scroll down to "John Elway: The Drive" entry.
    https://soundcloud.com/1043thefan

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
    I got the feeling he was not happy with Peyton. Was there truth to that? If you're miserable, you won't stay where you're at.
    Unfounded speculation Jim...

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    So Elway wants Osweiler back. I don't think there's been any question about that.

The REAL question, however, is does Kubiak want Osweiler back? And does Osweiler want to play for Kubiak?
    There is absolutely no evidence that either wouldn't want the other...

Leave a comment:

• Jason Sitoke
    replied
    Originally posted by jkinder33 View Post
    wow, that seems like overpaying to me. If he didnt play at all i could have seen 5-8 mil per. With what weve gotten in the past six game hes definately made himself millions. I could see 9-12 mil per but 15 mil!!!! WOW
    I think 12 is as high as you'll see Elway go.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Right now all he's done is said the right things, but until Osweiler actually signs a contract it doesn't mean anything. People need to relax this is going to take 7 or 8 weeks to play out, if people react to every news story or interview as some sort of sign, this is going to be painful. The earliest this will be settled is around the Scouting Combine.
    Perhaps. I do think that the Broncos if they are really serious will want it done sooner than that. There is a finite amount of resources available and the Broncos will want to try and allocate as many of those resources to key position groups as they can.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by dat_dude_e View Post
    Good call by John Elway. You need a QB to win in this league. Foolish to waste 4 yrs on Brock just to see him leave.
    Right now all he's done is said the right things, but until Osweiler actually signs a contract it doesn't mean anything. People need to relax this is going to take 7 or 8 weeks to play out, if people react to every news story or interview as some sort of sign, this is going to be painful. The earliest this will be settled is around the Scouting Combine.

Leave a comment:

• jkinder33
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yeah I doubt all that. Elway obviously loves the kid, and sees all thre progress he's made over the years. He's been following him since he was at ASU. Not to mention seeing firsthand the work ethic and humble attitude Brock brings. Never once complaining about playing time or practice reps. Nothing but doing his job.

If you listen to Elway talk about the guy there's more to it than just the words themselves. It's very obvious he thinks the world of him, and when he said he wants him here "for a long, long time" there was plenty of emphasis.

Elway will do what it takes to keep Brock for the next 10+ years. Low balling him, treating him like bargain goods, and trying to make him one of the lowest paid starters in the league doesn't really seem like something Elway has in mind at all.

I'm expecting no less than a 4 year 60 million deal. Around 25 guaranteed. But going off of how highly Elway seems to think of him, I wouldn't be surprised if Brock's deal exceeded that.
    wow, that seems like overpaying to me. If he didnt play at all i could have seen 5-8 mil per. With what weve gotten in the past six game hes definately made himself millions. I could see 9-12 mil per but 15 mil!!!! WOW

Leave a comment:

• dat_dude_e
    replied
    Good call by John Elway. You need a QB to win in this league. Foolish to waste 4 yrs on Brock just to see him leave.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X