X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Sitoke
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Woody Paige made a comment that I agree with...Elway may tell Brock's agent to find his best deal with other teams, then Elway will decide if he will match it or not.

The real issue with Brock is he really should do what's best for him and test the free agent market and see what offers are out there. There's a chance someone will pay him more than Elway is willing to pay him.
    I think Elway should feel comfortable with that. I don't think Osweiler is seen as some rare talent by the rest of the league. Although stranger things can happen, and certainly lesser quarterbacks with much less film have gotten paid (Matt Flynn).

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Woody Paige made a comment that I agree with...Elway may tell Brock's agent to find his best deal with other teams, then Elway will decide if he will match it or not.

The real issue with Brock is he really should do what's best for him and test the free agent market and see what offers are out there. There's a chance someone will pay him more than Elway is willing to pay him.
    Is that what's best for him though? Let's say Cleveland will pay him $20 a year and Denver $15 where would he have the best chance to be successful ? What's best for him isn't just money related.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Maybe Brocks the only one who can reach to the top shelf in the janitorial closet?

(You know that top shelf were every man hides his glorious, brought from home 2 ply roll)

I can honestly see why Jon would want Brock long-term
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 01-05-2016, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Elway drafted him. He knows what he can be. How many doubted Wolfe and Hillman? Both those picks have had big games for us this year.
    As much as I love Von I'd let Von go if it meant we were keeping Malik, Wolfe, Brock, & Danny T. Hope Elway can bring them all back once we clear PM, & Wares cap #s

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Since you're new here you don't know. But this has been discussed so much
    it's time to put it to bed. There's no drama between them. They've been together for 4 years. They have a very good relationship and there have been many, many times they are seen together going over things. Brock has said PM has been a great mentor to him and has taught him a lot.

They don't have to sit together on the sidelines so when the camera comes on to prove they're best buds.

If you noticed, when Brock was in, they did show them talking over the pictures and discussing things.

So stop worrying. No opportunity lost to show team unity. BTW, do you always see all starting QBs sitting on the sidelines with their backups to prove team unity to the media?
    If anybody watched when Brock was playing HE WENT TO PEYTON AND PEYTON CAME TO HIM.. that should put to rest any he said she said mess. I also saw Peyton give Brock a fist pump when he scored a TD in a game and Brock returned it when Peyton came in and they scored on their 1st drive. Its silly how people read more into stuff that isn't even there..drama does make the world go round I guess,,lol

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    it's time to put it to bed. There's no drama between them. They've been together for 4 years. They have a very good relationship and there have been many, many times they are seen together going over things. Brock has said PM has been a great mentor to him and has taught him a lot.

They don't have to sit together on the sidelines so when the camera comes on to prove they're best buds.

If you noticed, when Brock was in, they did show them talking over the pictures and discussing things.

So stop worrying. No opportunity lost to show team unity. BTW, do you always see all starting QBs sitting on the sidelines with their backups to prove team unity to the media?
    Right and I will add that they have been seen together on the sidelines talking a number of times -including this last game!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    I'm new here and this might have been discussed already but I'm not seeing it. Is there a reason why Peyton and Osweiler don't stand together on the sidelines? Is it some sort of tradition? It appears to me and many of the people I tend to watch with, as if they don't like one another. I would have thought that Peyton would make a good mentor (he says he is in one of his commercials) and that the "new kid" Osweiler should be hanging on every word. And even if not, it seems like a missed opportunity to display team unity by the management not to keep them close together when the cameras are on.

So stop worrying. No opportunity lost to show team unity. BTW, do you always see all starting QBs sitting on the sidelines with their backups to prove team unity to the media? Nope!

They spend time in meetings, in practices, in workouts, etc. They don't have to hold hands on the sidelines.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-05-2016, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I think Elway wants him back. But honestly how is he supposed to respond to that kind of question with the season still going on? "No, that guy is not the guy we thought he was. He won't be back" never take these kind of comments at face value. PR speak.
    lol right lol He liked Tebow until..he liked Peyton until..haha Its the name of the game..PR is everything in a business like this. They all do it.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Based on comments Kubiak made at halftime, and how quickly he pulled Brock from the game even though they were only down by 6 points (and he was going to pull Brock anyway regardless of San Diego scored).

And I think Brock would have strong reservations about playing for a coach who doesn't have confidence in him. That's just common sense.
    I think you're reading too far into that and leaping to conclusions without knowing anything about their relationship or what Brock actually thinks and feels.

He's a team player and he puts himself 2nd after the team -that's evident in everything he's said to date. That said, he's not an egocentric baby who's going to pout and go play for another coach elsewhere just because he got pulled in one game after five turnovers -for which he holds himself personally accountable.

I'm betting he and Kubes are fine. He has a good attitude, he's played Kubes' system, and he's won him some ballgames. What's not to like about this kid?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Mora
    replied
    I think Elway wants him back. But honestly how is he supposed to respond to that kind of question with the season still going on? "No, that guy is not the guy we thought he was. He won't be back" never take these kind of comments at face value. PR speak.
    Very true, every gm would say that right now.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    From what factual basis do you hold this doubt?
    Based on comments Kubiak made at halftime, and how quickly he pulled Brock from the game even though they were only down by 6 points (and he was going to pull Brock anyway regardless of San Diego scored).

And I think Brock would have strong reservations about playing for a coach who doesn't have confidence in him. That's just common sense.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Elway has always been Brock's #1 supporter in that front office. I don't think there's any doubt that he wants Brock to be the franchise quarterback.

As I said, though, I think Kubiak may feel differently about that than Elway, and at this point you have to wonder if Osweiler wants to play for Kubiak.
    From what factual basis do you hold this doubt?

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    PR speak uses evasions like "we'll meet and evaluate the situation during the offseason" if they're not interested, not enthusiasm as was expressed today.

Paying Brock though and balancing their budget is another matter.
    Elway has always been Brock's #1 supporter in that front office. I don't think there's any doubt that he wants Brock to be the franchise quarterback.

As I said, though, I think Kubiak may feel differently about that than Elway, and at this point you have to wonder if Osweiler wants to play for Kubiak.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    PR speak uses evasions like "we'll meet and evaluate the situation during the offseason" if they're not interested, not enthusiasm as was expressed today.

Paying Brock though and balancing their budget is another matter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X