Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trc1962
    replied
    I am sure Kubiak has spoken with Oz about everything and hopefully all is well and he can hold it together next time. I also wondered if this played into to Kubiak going into half time thinking he needed to turn the game over to Manning because he trusted him more because of experience. It takes time to process all that is happening on the field in a very short amount of time and most q-backs struggle with it at first.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I've been listening to Kubiak pressers or reading quotes from Kubiak that declare this intention (the "plan", if you will) since Manning went down. Didn't you see those too, or do you want me to find them for you?

As for what Brock actually said, you don't know that he doesn't hold himself accountable. One shouldn't assume that everything is fake and political.

I don't see why people wish to ignore what Kubiak and Osweiler say and read deeply into the matter to come up with a speculative scenario which has no factual basis, and then draw more conclusions off of this speculation. Kubiak benched Os after five turnovers so this must mean that Kubes has no confidence in him and never will again (despite Brock's excellent performances in games past) so Brock must hate Kubes for that and now he'd rather play for the Browns!

All from facial expressions which could also mean: Brock was really frustrated with all the mistakes -his and others, with not seeing the blitz coming, and yes likely for being benched too on top of all of it -who wouldn't be? It's not the first time a coach has pulled a QB who was just off his game or the momentum was swinging against him, yet started him later because he still believes in him. Kubes is a QB's guy, who even stood by Schaub.

There's communication between Os and Kubes that we don't get to see, lot's of it at Dove Valley, where the team's best interests are upheld and explained if necessary. And I would guess there's an understanding there between these two, because the move when looked at objectively by everyone -including Brock- was effective and reasonable, and in accord with statements and intentions for Manning's eventual return anyway.
    You know what, those are some great points. Brock and Manning both preach team game, so I should absolutely take them at their word.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
    and after asking the OC for that play he should walk over to the RT and say, "Forget that play we need you - when you line up on no. ## kick his... you do your job and we'll crush them."

Bingo! I think he's too tentative in that regard, he needs to be the guy to grab a teammate and set them straight, whether he's played 7 games or 70, he needs to assert himself and become the guy. Every single one of the top QBs in the NFL would do that, he's got to do that in order to take the next step.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Depending on what Oz does in the postseason he may get the franchise tag.
    Based on the new contracts handed out I believe the QB Franchise Tag number will come in somewhere around $19.5 million for 2016. With all due respect to Osweiler, he'll have to show a lot, more than just winning the SB, but actually being a big reason they win it by putting up big numbers and/or leading heroic comebacks for them to even entertain that idea.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Only the "matching", non-exclusive Tag that gives Denver 5 days to match. The exclusive Franchise Tag number for QBs is just under $20 million for 2016.

I think that one will likely go to Von Miller at $13 million.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If he wants to leave after that then Kubiak was right to bench him and he shouldn't be here. I want the QB who throws an interception and immediately goes to the coordinator to tell him to run that play again because he can complete it. I want the guy who gets benched and takes that so personally that he's determined to show the team they were wrong by working his butt off and proving to them that he's their guy. I don't want someone who feels entitled to anything because he's been here for 4 years or the guy who quits because his boss yelled at him. Grow up and prove them wrong.
    and after asking the OC for that play he should walk over to the RT and say, "Forget that play we need you - when you line up on no. ## kick his... you do your job and we'll crush them."

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    We know he has a lot to learn - he has a big runway and IMO sky is the limit. If we step back and at a few of the great things he's shown - he is gifted.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    That's exactly right.

As Tom told Sonny in the Godfather, "It's not personal, Sonny, it's strictly business."

And if what happened to brock last week causes him to have a huge problem with the Franchise that has paid him to do nothing (no Starts) for 3 1/2 years, do we really want somebody like that on our team?
    If he wants to leave after that then Kubiak was right to bench him and he shouldn't be here. I want the QB who throws an interception and immediately goes to the coordinator to tell him to run that play again because he can complete it. I want the guy who gets benched and takes that so personally that he's determined to show the team they were wrong by working his butt off and proving to them that he's their guy. I don't want someone who feels entitled to anything because he's been here for 4 years or the guy who quits because his boss yelled at him. Grow up and prove them wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    I agree. I'm simply responding to the previous Posts that were suggesting that brock is "keester-hurt" and might want to leave the Broncos because terrible, mean Kubiak yanked him for Manning last week.

My point is that if that is brock's attitude, then it's pretty juvenile. This is a business and you can't take it personally.
    Brock is bigger than letting that moment get to him. Sure that stung - he's a gamer and I would bet he's already moved on preparing for the division round backup or starter.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
    I hear what you all are saying that Oz likely felt a little sting - who wouldn't? He's a competitor.

That was a moment in time and Oz is a good teammate - he's big enough to grow from what happened.

PM is gone after this year and hopefully after the team wins a championship. Oz should be in Denver - a kid from Montana - if Elway wants him to stay which he should they'll make a fair deal. Oz will want to be with a great franchise like the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I agree. I'm simply responding to the previous Posts that were suggesting that brock is "keester-hurt" and might want to leave the Broncos because terrible, mean Kubiak yanked him for Manning last week.

My point is that if that is brock's attitude, then it's pretty juvenile. This is a business and you can't take it personally.
    Great point, if Brocks attitude is I got benched and it wasn't fair then he can go. He needs to be like I got benched cause we failed to score. I'm going to work on getting the ball out faster, recognizing blitzes, and audibling to the run I can do it just got to put in the work. I wont be benched again!

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
    I think I would go elsewhere. Granted I don't know all the details, but I'd feel like what you just said.
    I hear what you all are saying that Oz likely felt a little sting - who wouldn't? He's a competitor.

That was a moment in time and Oz is a good teammate - he's big enough to grow from what happened.

PM is gone after this year and hopefully after the team wins a championship. Oz should be in Denver - a kid from Montana - if Elway wants him to stay which he should they'll make a fair deal. Oz will want to be with a great franchise like the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by bd18packer View Post
    The bigger question is if Brock is retained, will Peyton retire? And if Brock becomes the #1 QB, will the Broncos find a free agent veteran backup QB on the market over the winter/ spring or will they seek one out in the draft? Anyone care to comment?
    Brock re-signing and Peyton retiring will most likely come hand in hand.

Yes, I think we will most likely pursue a veteran QB with knowledge of Kubiak's system to back up Brock and be there in case Brock regresses horribly. It is also possible we draft someone for the PS/development and Siemien takes up the back-up role.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
    lol I'm confused..where is it said by Brock that hes mad because Peyton went in. I saw the guy applauding when they kept scoring.. I'm not Os crazy by any means.. I think there is better 1st and 2nd year starters out there better then Brock but GEEZ give the kid a break..if anything he may have been frustrated cause he wanted to do better for the team..

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by bd18packer View Post
    The bigger question is if Brock is retained, will Peyton retire? And if Brock becomes the #1 QB, will the Broncos find a free agent veteran backup QB on the market over the winter/ spring or will they seek one out in the draft? Anyone care to comment?
    I think Peyton retires, if he doesn't it will depend on what happens in this years playoffs. I cant see a scenario where Elway would want Manning back

Leave a comment:

Working...
X