Broncos 15-5 home record in post season since 1975 is best in NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos 15-5 home record in post season since 1975 is best in NFL

(Thank You Troy Renck for this tidbit... He mentioned this on 104.3)

Since 1975... The Denver Broncos boast an NFL best 15-5 record at home in the playoffs. In other words, the last 4 decades... there isn't a tougher place for a team to come to try to snag a Jan victory.

The Broncos were upset by JAX in '96... The Steelers came in in '05 AFCCG and won... PIT also beat DEN in '84 (and, as a sidebar, the following season DEN missed playoffs despite having 11 wins!)...

Peyton Manning lost twice... The hobbled one is responsible for 2/5 home defeats (the Holy Flacco debacle in '12 and then to Indy last year)...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...denver-broncos

There's a reason the (supposed) best QB-HC duo (Bill and Tom) in NFL history are 0-2 in DEN in Jan (2-6 total record)...

This is the mile high advantage!!!

Sure... PM and his wintry albatross might double our Jan home woes in 4 years (accomplishing the misery of what previously took 36 seasons to amass)... But... come on!!!

We lost in '12 then went to SB. Lost in '14... Then... Yes!!!! A trend? Went to SB?

Sit back and relax and enjoy football this weekend. Don't root for a particular foe. It's a futile endeavor... it doesn't always work out... I thought we would wax Colts and wanted that matchup... BAL too!!!

We can beat KC (offense is weak), we can beat PIT (defense is suspect) and we can beat HOU.

Two home wins away from a wonderful 2-week blissful hiatus as we appear in our 8th SB!!!
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-06-2016, 01:03 AM.

Since 1990... Overall home field advantage (all games)... Only the Packers, Steelers, and Ravens have a better home winning percentage than Denver.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articl...-nfl-team.aspx

Comment

Broncos advanced to the SB in 5 of the previous 7 times they earned AFC's 1 seed.
      Last edited by fraguela09; 01-06-2016, 12:47 AM.

Comment

This is surprising to me given the overwhelming success of New England in recent years. They've played so many playoff games at home in the last 15 years alone that i figured they'd be at the top.

Also, I want so bad for this team to get back to the Super Bowl (obviously, who doesn't?) but I can't swallow another SB loss. We've been seven times and only have two trophies. SB 48 was heart wrenching and devastating. If we make it to SB L, we have got to come out of that thing with a W.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

BAL beat them twice... Jets beat them once... That's 3 losses right there. BAL should've beaten them all 4 times!

If DEn goes to SB and blows it again... The odd stat would be: in 4 years... I believe DEN would be 14-2 vs NFC during regular season and 0-2 vs NFC in SB.
          Last edited by fraguela09; 01-06-2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

The chart on espn is missing the 1989-90 (not that I want to remember that superbowl score at all) season playoff run that lead to the san francisco superbowl debacle.

What is somewhat surprising at least when you really think about it is that beyond the unfortunate superbowl record and the odd heart wrenching playoff upset the Broncos are actually unbelievably consistent in making playoffs without missing out for more than a year to three tops.
            Last edited by SouthernmostFan; 01-06-2016, 05:25 AM.

Comment

True... Right behind the "Gold Standard" Clubs (pit, GB, dal, ne)... Are we not right on that Silver Tier?

I think I heard that the NYG haven't won 10 games in a season since 2010... NYJ haven't made playoffs since 2010. OAK bad for a decade...we've had a pretty good run of more than mere moderate success... We just don't have the HOF representation to match it.
              Last edited by fraguela09; 01-06-2016, 07:22 AM.

Comment

4 of the 5 losses have come in the new stadium

We traded some home field advantage for profit
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Let's make it 17 -5 !!!!!?

Comment

Before we go too estatic, it it worth noting that most of these wins came behind the guy that retired some years back and now takes care of building the team. The current QB's have only been part of a 2-2 record at home.

Comment

This is a cool long-term factoid, but with our current team (core, at least) we are 2-2. As said above, let's add two more wins to that column.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

That's EXACTLY what I was wanting to know after reading the stat. The old stadium was a beast....but we did beat the Patriots back in '06 which was considered an upset I believe.
                        John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

I think it had more to do with #7 retiring the year before it opened

Comment

I count 3??

Jax game in '97 was in the old stadium.
                            Last edited by Jason Sitoke; 01-06-2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Investco, now Sports Authority, Field opened (1st regular season game) on Spetember 10th, 2001...

So, yes... Correct... Only 3 of the 5 losses came in the new stadium.

Comment

Working...
                              X