Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to Forgive Davis and be key in playoff run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lange
    replied
    I can see why SF traded him, guy seems to just lost his modivation and passion. It seems it was a waste to have him here. Reports were he wanted elsewhere and was excited to be here but it's never showed. More the opposite. I can't see him staying after this season. Also no, I wouldn't change anything with the TEs let Owen and Virgil take the load and VD be relief.

Leave a comment:

• paycheckeffort
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Or when they occurred.
    Exactly. I've mentioned before stats like these would expose a lot of overpaid players.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by paycheckeffort View Post
    The numbers are misleading. They don't account for the missed catches where there was little or no effort to catch the ball, which is an even more important stat.
    Or when they occurred.

Leave a comment:

• paycheckeffort
    replied
    The numbers are misleading. They don't account for the missed catches where there was little or no effort to catch the ball, which is an even more important stat.

Leave a comment:

• kbeck81
    replied
    The crazy thing is, he has only 3 drops but those were critical.

Thomas has 9
    Daniels has 5
    Sanders and Davis both with 3

Leave a comment:

• paycheckeffort
    replied
    "Kubiak handled it right. After Davis' crititical drops showed he can't be counted on, I did not see him vs. Cincy. Give some other guys a chance to play, and they did, better than Davis, certainly. They CAUGHT the ball. Davis is done for as a Bronco."

Agreed

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    At this point I'm looking at him as depth that we hopefully don't need. Green and Daniels have earned their playing time.

But coach knows best.
    I don't think anyone will argue with you there but it couldn't hurt to mix Davis in there to keep Daniels and or Green healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    the key to the playoffs. is simply if we can run the ball and run the ball efeectively we can't do alot of damage

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    At this point I'm looking at him as depth that we hopefully don't need. Green and Daniels have earned their playing time.

But coach knows best.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I don't know what he can do that Virgil Green can't. Besides the drops, Davis was running backwards in a game. The guy was a waste of a late-round pick. I wish we had simply re-signed James Casey for depth (and he can also play FB), keeping Daniels and Green as the main TEs.
    Well Davis did have those two games where he played well and caught some pretty important catches for us. Since then he has made some pretty poor mistakes and missed some key catches for us. I do think it is time to have him setup for us and see if he has learned form those two big errors.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I don't know what he can do that Virgil Green can't. Besides the drops, Davis was running backwards in a game. The guy was a waste of a late-round pick. I wish we had simply re-signed James Casey for depth (and he can also play FB), keeping Daniels and Green as the main TEs.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It depends, Daniels is playing great and every time Green catches the ball he's getting good YAC. If you're proposing more 3 TE sets, then I wouldn't be opposed. If you want to take Green or Daniels off then no
    Actually I would propose that exactly. Daniels and Green both need to rest and Davis brings a similar but slightly different skill-set to the TE position. I think it is fair to say that he is a bit faster but slightly-less physical then Daniels is. Rotating Daniels or Green out for a series might not be such a bad thing. What I do think needs ot be addressed is hit ability to catch and absorb or better yet shed that first hit. We have seen Daniels do this repeatedly and Green has done this a few times as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Would love to get Davis more involved in the game

Would not throw anything his way on any key third or fourth downs until he has proven himself a game or two tho.

Snap counts

SD game
    Owen - 48
    Green - 28
    VD - 6

Cinc Game
    Owen - 47
    Green - 23
    VD - 5

Right now VD is in the dog house...he needs to work his way out

Leave a comment:

• 4th Amigo
    replied
    Nope....to me it doesn't look like his heart is in it. I think the coaching staff has seen everything they want to see from him. I expect he will not be back last year and out of the NFL all together....

Leave a comment:

• Dennis.1960
    replied
    Our playoff opponents will see the same key drops we did and that we no longer trust him when they study the film...that means we can't even use him as a decoy, which is the only thing I trust him doing at this point. That said, I could see throwing a couple balls his way in Q1 to see if he's totally given up...if so, we bench him the rest of the playoffs, if he actually makes a play or 2 early, the D will have to respect him on the seam routes and we can then use him as a worthwhile decoy. As far as actually throwing something his way in the 4th quarter or on a 3rd down, I don't want VD anymore

Leave a comment:

Working...
X