3 biggest wins this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 biggest wins this year?

What were your three biggest/favorite/most important wins of the year?

Mine, in no particular order are as follows

- First KC Game. Beating them ended up being huge for us, given the way the second game went. Playoff team in the afc, this win was crucial in our divisional championship.

- Cincinatti. Also an AFC playoff team, end of the year, greatly helped our playoff seeding and I'd like to think beating a good team in a playoff type atmosphere night game was a good confidence booster for the Broncos.

- Patriots. If I had to pick, I think this may have been the biggest. Snowy, cold OT win against what was the last undefeated AFC team and the league leaders in fewest points allowed. Putting up 30 in another playoff type night game was great for our team's confidence and was the #1 reason for our top seed.They finished with the 2nd seed and made this the 6th straight time they've had a 1st round bye.

And yours?
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 01-06-2016, 12:30 PM.

Divisional Round.

AFCCG

Super Bowl 50.

/thread
    sigpic

Comment

I'd say Patriots, Bengals and this last Charger game. Those are the ones that got us the #1 seed. After those my favorite win was against the Packers. I think the team showed what it could do when they play up to their abilities for an entire game.
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

The KC game was big at the time. Loved that game!

For sure the wins over The Pats and Cinci were important, based on their status in the race.

But our win over The Chargers has to be recognized, given it's importance in the playoff picture. The benefits were huge!! And in some ways it proved a point, that we have 2 QBs again. This is also critical going into the playoffs, and may bode well for us whenever we may have to face the same situation. Starter or benched QB could win the game for us.

Comment

Kc game , pats game and CIN game . Without those the charger game doesn't matter. Those others landed us the #1. Well also mia beating the Pats .

Comment

1) Handing GB their first loss in a more or less dominant performance, primetime and on my birthday no less! This was a big statement game -at least at the time.

2) Handing NE their first loss also in primetime, and gaining the crucial tiebreaker over them.

3) Beating CIN which bounced us back into the W column and gained another crucial tiebreaker for the final tally.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I think the very 1st game set the tone for the Broncos..The Ravens were tough reguardless of what they ended up looking like..they had ALL of their defense in there, they to me were the most complete team, and the Broncos came out w/ a win. To me that was the hardest win they had. There were other games that were good but to me the Broncos seemed to be the how to beat team this year..meaning how to beat teams..

Comment

I thought the Browns were a huge win. I am not sure how this season goes if we take that loss heading into our bye week.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

NE was only really "big" because of the tiebreaker we got out of it. We basically played their backups on offense, except with Brady/Gronk. They got a bit banged up on defense too, and still nothing really clicked until the 4th quarter. We had the luxury of lots of calls go our way and a key punt muff, which helped us scrape by in overtime. If anything, it was compelling evidence that we need to play them a lot better and a lot differently the next time around. Snow doesn't make a big game for me, just a bit funner to watch.

Other than that, I try not to say games were more important just because of playoff seeding stuff---that just biases the later games in the season once the scenarios become more clear, but those scenarios emerge from things that happened earlier on in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                    I thought the Browns were a huge win. I am not sure how this season goes if we take that loss heading into our bye week.
                    And to think we nearly lost! Given the ball in FG range in OT... Still can't believe that defensive stand to push them back out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                      NE, CIN and KC. The SD game stands out because it was the last and it was determinative of Denver's playoff spot, but in retrospect every win was determinative of Denver's playoff spot because they had to go to a tiebreaker. The first three involved tiebreakers and affected not only Denver's record but its tiebreakers and the records of the teams the Broncos were competing with for the top seed, so they're the most important.
                      We didn't "need" the W over KC in particular. The first tie breaker used is simply W-L percentage in the standings and that was the ONLY way to beat them out in the seeding and getting the division title. If we had finished with them tied in the W/L column then they had the tie breakers over us because of superior division and conference records. Lets say they had swept us but we still manage 12 wins and they still manage 11 -they still lose the division and get the #5 seed.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        And to think we nearly lost! Given the ball in FG range in OT... Still can't believe that defensive stand to push them back out of it.
                        It was the game that really validated the "kicking and screaming" mentality. Not the headliner of a NE game, but thought it was pivotal and deserving of a top 3 mention.
                        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Patriots, Bengals, and last Chargers.

The last two games have had a different feel to theme. A lot of pressure and a playoff feel. And they delivered down the stretch in the 4th quarters. They had been fun to watch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                            1) Handing GB their first loss in a more or less dominant performance, primetime and on my birthday no less! This was a big statement game -at least at the time.

2) Handing NE their first loss also in primetime, and gaining the crucial tiebreaker over them.

3) Beating CIN which bounced us back into the W column and gained another crucial tiebreaker for the final tally.

What I find interesting is that,after we beat the Packers and Patriots...they haven't been the same since
                            I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Patriots, Bengals and Chargers.

Obviously every one of the 12 wins contributed to the #1 seed - these 3 wins down the stretch sealed the deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X