Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anybody Else Notice This About Manning on Sunday?!!!! It Made Me Really Excited!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Anybody Else Notice This About Manning on Sunday?!!!! It Made Me Really Excited!!

I don't know if I was over analyzing this, but in watching the whole game Sunday after Peyton came in, they didn't line up in the Pistol Formation once! He was either in Shotgun or right behind the center. Oh, but I thought all those analyst and doubters said that Peyton couldn't run or adjust to Kubiak's offense. I don't know about you, but that made me excited. Why? Because it shows what kind of a man Peyton Manning is. While he was out healing, I bet he practiced and told himself that if I get back in, I will know how to run this offense from front to back. And he looked pretty good doing it to, especially when he carried out the run plays, he would hand the ball off and finish it off with a little roll out, just like Elway, Griese, Plummer, and Brock used to do. And if not for a big hit, he might have hit Sanders for a 70 yard TD off of play action. That means the offense and coaching staff will be on the same page and won't try to make two systems work. Kubiak will trust Manning to change the plays at the line if he sees something, just like he did on Sunday. This is where you want to be heading into the playoffs and I like it!!! GO BRONCOS!! I hope I am having a party come February 7th!!!!

His throws still lack zip. He'll need to be careful with the ball

Comment

Originally posted by worldsoutro View Post
      His throws still lack zip. He'll need to be careful with the ball
      IMO he threw just as hard in that game as he was at the start of 2014. His deep balls had a lot of touch though he missed Sanders on one in the end zone, and couldn't set his feet on the other. Definitely a good amount on those throws. The fact he couldn't step in to his throw and still overthrew Sanders on that play action shows he has enough arm strength to get it done, barring injury.

The bottom line is this, if your line can protect Peyton like you did for most of 2013, the offense will have much better output then we're all expecting. If they can't protect him, well, we all know that doesn't work well for pocket passers like Manning & Brady.
      Last edited by Jetfan9922; 01-06-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

The real thing to note was him going up tempo and calling a lot of pre-snap shots. That is Peyton's strong suit. Whether he lines up under center or in the gun (or pistol) has always been a distracting point of discussion. The stupid "compromise" offense was always silly, not because of where Peyton lined up, but because Peyton had largely remained handcuffed to huddling up and doing a lot of other distracting things that took away from his command of the offense. He could not be the field general that made him so successful, but was shackled to just being another body in the Kubiak script.

When a Peyton offense is red hot, it's because a rhythm has been established. You get a couple first down quickly. The flow of the game becomes faster and defenses start to make mistakes. The first pass to Virgil Green and then the short one to Norwood was a super quick release, and an example of why the correct remedy for a bad o-line is a quicker read/throw, not the ability to "extend" plays but to actually shorten them. There was great timing and anticipation in the one route to Sanders, and we just missed a deep bomb that probably would have connected if Peyton wasn't on his back almost as soon as he snapped the ball, but he knew where to throw it to given the coverage.

Comment

Scrap the pistol!

Manning's foot is better so he is able to drive and push off. Ergo, he can play under center. His footwork is what has me excited.

Now... That could change any play and if he starts he has to be honest and not go back out there if he re-aggravates it.

His sidelines throw on the deep out was fine. DT dropped a pass... His 2 overthrows were bc he was forced to throw early and throw while bracing for contact...

Only way I start PM is if he knows not to force throws, run majority fr under center... Then mixing it up with the PM hurry-up shotgun stuff AT TIMEs, but to predominantly defer to the running plays in a ground and pound...

But... If we play PIT... We should pass pass pass and continuing passing bc their DBs are terrible.

Comment

They came out in the pistol a few times but he audibled out of it

Comment

Originally posted by DonnyBronco View Post
              I don't know if I was over analyzing this, but in watching the whole game Sunday after Peyton came in, they didn't line up in the Pistol Formation once! He was either in Shotgun or right behind the center. Oh, but I thought all those analyst and doubters said that Peyton couldn't run or adjust to Kubiak's offense. I don't know about you, but that made me excited. Why? Because it shows what kind of a man Peyton Manning is. While he was out healing, I bet he practiced and told himself that if I get back in, I will know how to run this offense from front to back. And he looked pretty good doing it to, especially when he carried out the run plays, he would hand the ball off and finish it off with a little roll out, just like Elway, Griese, Plummer, and Brock used to do. And if not for a big hit, he might have hit Sanders for a 70 yard TD off of play action. That means the offense and coaching staff will be on the same page and won't try to make two systems work. Kubiak will trust Manning to change the plays at the line if he sees something, just like he did on Sunday. This is where you want to be heading into the playoffs and I like it!!! GO BRONCOS!! I hope I am having a party come February 7th!!!!
              Good post..it makes me laugh when people act like Peyton hasn't ever won a game or ever had teams that were able to run the ball. Let alone that he won a SB ..haha OH AND YOU WILL..NO DOUBT ABOUT IT..

Comment

What had me excited is he wasn't playing scared. I believe that was his downfall all season, he was scared to get hit because i believe he was hurt coming into the season. If he was hurt and scared to be knocked out of the game then of course he is going to self sack, which means to me he shouldn't have been starting if he was that scared. This game he stood in the pocket and stepped up to make throws instead of falling down and took hits to make the throw. When he steps up there is no doubt it will be on target.

The flip side to that is even though i love him hanging in there and tacking hits it means he is more likely to get re injured and we all know how that plays out....Hopefully he can keep up the courage and step up and get the ball out fast before he gets hit more often then not. If t
                sigpic
                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Let's go Peyton.

Nuther ring would look so good.

Comment

I was excited he didn't throw a pick.. That's all it takes these days to get excited for Manning's play.

Comment

He did line up in the pistol but checked out of it before the snap.

Comment

I can't get how people act so confident in Manning like he's a god from one half of play. Like early this season didn't happen. One half doesn't determine that he's gonna be awsome in the playoffs. Yes there were good things but 5 of 9 for 69 yards isn't much of a showing. It's still a mystery and a lot of concerns how he really can play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lange View Post
                          I can't get how people act so confident in Manning like he's a god from one half of play. Like early this season didn't happen. One half doesn't determine that he's gonna be awsome in the playoffs. Yes there were good things but 5 of 9 for 69 yards isn't much of a showing. It's still a mystery and a lot of concerns how he really can play at this point.
                          It makes me laugh when the only argument that people can use is the picks on Peyton but he still won 7 of those games and yet 3 games that Os played in they didn't score in the 2nd half..
                          And Peyton wasn't trying to do much showing..he was trying to win the game.. Do you want show or a win?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                            It makes me laugh when the only argument that people can use is the picks on Peyton but he still won 7 of those games and yet 3 games that Os played in they didn't score in the 2nd half..
                            And Peyton wasn't trying to do much showing..he was trying to win the game.. Do you want show or a win?
                            No, the defense won those games. Broncos won in SPITE of Manning. Did you even watch any of those games?

Comment

I think at this point the change has been made and Kubs needs to stick with it. The playoffs are no time for tinkering and I feel manning is playing with house money for the first time in his career. No one is expecting a championship run out of him for the first time in the last 14 years and peyton knows that it is now or never in regards to him winning that elusive second chip. I would ride peyton barring he has any injury issues that are affecting him on the field. I like Os a lot but the playoffs are decided by game conductors not game managers and right this second Os is a young physically gifted player but still in the game managing mode of his development.

Comment

Working...
                              X